Air Jordan XI *COOL GREY* *12/23/10 NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING! YOU WILL BE BANNED!!

Originally Posted by zapatohead408

Originally Posted by MrYoungMoney

I got the Space Jams, Silver Anniversary, all I need is these, the Concord, & "Breds"!
I can't wait to get these!
I wonder why JB tinted the sole blue?
JB tinted the sole because of people complaining of the yellowing issue

Yeah, I know that. It's just that they didn't do it for the Silver Anniversary, so why now?I'm not tripping though, I would have expected them to do it after they released all the popular 11's... They released the "Breds", Space Jams, & now the Cool Greys. I think they'll release the All Stars, & then the Concords.

LMAO,JB finally gets something right and yall still complaining over something that makes the shoe actually better by not allowing the shoe to yellow as fast as it would like the space jams do,im getting 3 pairs of these.I predict this will be a little worser than SP 11 release cause JB is really smart they make a little slight change to the shoe for the better,this is like putting Nike Air on the back of a jordan retro and people still complaining because people feel like they didnt put it on the right CW,i didnt even like the cool greys from the start but i love these because of the blue tint soles,finally a well put together retro good job JB good job.

We def need more pictures. These pictures are making them look too blue.
sick.gif

They should only use these soles on columbias
smokin.gif
 (if they ever decied to release them again)
air-jordan-og-11-columbia.jpg

Originally Posted by grownmendonthate

LMAO,JB finally gets something right and yall still complaining over something that makes the shoe actually better by not allowing the shoe to yellow as fast as it would like the space jams do,im getting 3 pairs of these.I predict this will be a little worser than SP 11 release cause JB is really smart they make a little slight change to the shoe for the better,this is like putting Nike Air on the back of a jordan retro and people still complaining because people feel like they didnt put it on the right CW,i didnt even like the cool greys from the start but i love these because of the blue tint soles,finally a well put together retro good job JB good job.
roll.gif

edit: o yea... the blue does not prevent yellowing the way some of you think it does... they did that crap on the 2010 eggplant foamposites and i STILL see yellowed soles after a few wears.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by grownmendonthate

Lmao you guys know they did something right if grownmendonthate likes them. Dude has more hatred for new retro's then anyone I've ever seen. At the end of the day Jordan Brand can never win though. If they keep the shoes exactly like the original, all the og collectors will cry about other people having the same shoe as them. If they make a change you have all the other people who cry because it's not identical to the original. I honestly don't care either way. As long as the shoe looks nice TO ME, that's all I care about. It doesn't always have to be an exact replica, because I know that isn't realistic.

I don't mind the blue soles.  But I was told that they just started making the mid soles 2 days ago.  So I don't think they'll be done until this weekend.  So that picture might be some fakes or my info might be off.

Originally Posted by dtb00201

Lmao you guys know they did something right if grownmendonthate likes them. Dude has more hatred for new retro's then anyone I've ever seen. At the end of the day Jordan Brand can never win though. If they keep the shoes exactly like the original, all the og collectors will cry about other people having the same shoe as them. If they make a change you have all the other people who cry because it's not identical to the original. I honestly don't care either way. As long as the shoe looks nice TO ME, that's all I care about. It doesn't always have to be an exact replica, because I know that isn't realistic.

Yea they tripped out on them Sea Glow looking soles. I'll just go walk around in some dirt for an hour or two, they'll get darker.

i knew i wasnt gonna like the new release of these for some reason, i thought it was gonna just be the mold mostly. the blue tint is too much for my taste, the OG's translucent off-white sole was great touch with the grey. like someone mentioned earlier, they should have used the CG 16.5 sole.

I got the Space Jams, Silver Anniversary, all I need is these, the Concord, & "Breds"!

Yeah, I know that. It's just that they didn't do it for the Silver Anniversary, so why now?I'm not tripping though, I would have expected them to do it after they released all the popular 11's... They released the "Breds", Space Jams, & now the Cool Greys. I think they'll release the All Stars, & then the Concords.
they didn't do it for the silver anniversaries because they're SILVER ANNIVERSARIES NOT COLUMBIA'S. Also they dont want to "devalue" peoples OG's.
I think they will retro the concords before they retro columbias because the silver anniversaries somewhat resemble columbias

Originally Posted by DMoney82

Yea they tripped out on them Sea Glow looking soles. I'll just go walk around in some dirt for an hour or two, they'll get darker.
laugh.gif
roll.gif

I wonder if you were to sea glow these while they're DS would it take away the blue sole and just make them icey?

they didn't do it for the silver anniversaries because they're SILVER ANNIVERSARIES NOT COLUMBIA'S. Also they dont want to "devalue" peoples OG's.
I think they will retro the concords before they retro columbias because the silver anniversaries somewhat resemble columbias

Yet they did it for the GS 11's?Also the Silver Anniversary's were more White then "Silver". You might be right but, wouldn't the DMP 11's resemble the Concords? It hasn't even be 5 Years, so that's why I think it will be the All Stars that drop next...Besides the Gold, they basically are the Concords.

Some of y'all just are not good business people. Most of you seem willing to accept and settle for anything that's fed your way. This is why I haven't bought anything from this company in 3 years. Nothing is going to change with this brand. I know were talking about shoes here but when it gets too a point where the name of something sells itself, you skip the basic reasoning of what you're buying...you fall for the hype.

source?

Regardless of how anyone else feels I will be getting these, I've made up my mind to get these and I have to get the Flint XIII's and Cement III's then I'm going to be decent for a while on shoes.

Originally Posted by 617collector

source?

Check the Space Jam thread if you want sources, they are VERY obvious...

Yet they did it for the GS 11's?Also the Silver Anniversary's were more White then "Silver". You might be right but, wouldn't the DMP 11's resemble the Concords? It hasn't even be 5 Years, so that's why I think it will be the All Stars that drop next...Besides the Gold, they basically are the Concords.
damn completely forgot about them DMP's. You bring up a good point. Whatever it is that JB chooses will know by June or July next year. Hope its some concords

These are looking nice. I'll try to pick up a pair, since I was broke the first time around. I definately get shot, stabbed, trampled etc. for these. Since I will be in the DMV where alot of people got all of the above, even back in 01'...Oh, plus if they are $150+....pass

jman219 wrote:
well we asked for the blue tint on the jams and the silver annis, and now we get them we cant really complain. it does look odd, but I guess JB is listening? Hopefully it will make the yellowing process a lot slower if any at all

WE ???? WE ???? WE ????

Speaking for yourself homie,  I never did. 

Like I said when I 1st heard the news these were dropping again I was gonna cop pair$ just to give back to the community......... 
grin.gif

I think Im still sticking to that.

I find it funny that they are using blue tinted soles to help with yellowing. Don't they know that blue tinted soles will eventually turn green after some wears? I'm going to cop but I wish the soles were clear like the 16.5s pictured a few pages back. And the mold of these look great. Does not look like the same mold used for recent retro XIs.

Blue tinted soles belong only on the Columbia XIs.

Back
Top Bottom