Air Jordan XI Retro - White/Concord/Black - CONFIRMED - Holiday 2011

Copped 100%. No questions asked. No holds barred. No brainer. Early. Merry Christmas. Happy New Year. Kiss the wife goodnight for me.

Originally Posted by Heshua

Originally Posted by NORTHMIAMIBOI

Originally Posted by trhee

$175 is still a little high imo

you sound broke and they concords just incase u aint know
You sound like a clown.  I'm not buying them because they're 175 and it's not because I'm broke, it's because I'm not going to give JB 175 bucks for shoes that cost 125 when the quality isn't even as good as it was when I paid 125 for them. 
I agree the quality is horrible now days. My bred XI from 01 were at least 10x better than these and fit way better.

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

Spacejams and Cool Greys were also $175...where's the price hike from the last 2 years? Dudes on here acting like these are retailing for $250...
indifferent.gif

When they retroed the first time back in 2000-2001, they both were the price they were back in 1995-1996: $125. They had a regular box. My beef is that a slipcase box, inserts, and a plastic border doesn't really justify another $50. I could understand a slight hike in regards to the solid plastic inserts but the plastic border and slipcase box is sort of weak. It's sort of expected since the XI is the most sought after Jordan shoe.     

They're $175 instead of $125 is because of inflation. You can't expect a shoe to cost the same as it did 10 years, ago.

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

They're $175 instead of $125 is because of inflation. You can't expect a shoe to cost the same as it did 10 years, ago.

Simple economics that so many have failed to see
wink.gif
It amuses me how simple some people are in here hahaThis is seen as a "sports luxury" item , you hear/see people buying Gucci/prada and complaining about prices ! Not saying that JB is in that class, but it holds it's own in the sneaker market .As for the jokers already complaining about quality etc without seeing/touching the shoes ... What crystal ball are you using to foresee all of this ?
wink.gif

Originally Posted by PandasKicks

These need to be retailing at $120
So $5 cheaper than the 01 releases? Great idea! Pitch that to Nike/JB, I'm sure they'll swallow that up.
eyes.gif

laugh.gif
 at people who think it's because of inflation.  These shoes cost like 5 or 10 bucks to make back then and they cost 5 or 10 bucks to make now. They're 175 because dummies pay 175 for them.  That's the bottom line and only reason.  Stop kidding yourselves.

Explain to me how the Lebron VII PS, which have more technology, patent leather, a 14mm zoom bag in back and a zoom bag in front, clear sole, a carbon fiber shank plate (basically all the things the XI had and more) retails for cheaper than the retro XI that's from the mid 90s? 

$175 is nothing compared to what I paid for my OG pair of bred XI's in 1995, which was over $125. This was when Air Jordan meant high-end expensive sneakers that you could only afford to buy once a year.

laugh.gif
 at people who think it's because of inflation.  These shoes cost like 5 or 10 bucks to make back then and they cost 5 or 10 bucks to make now. They're 175 because dummies pay 175 for them.  That's the bottom line and only reason.  Stop kidding yourselves.

Explain to me how the Lebron VII PS, which have more technology, patent leather, a 14mm zoom bag in back and a zoom bag in front, clear sole, a carbon fiber shank plate (basically all the things the XI had and more) retails for cheaper than the retro XI that's from the mid 90s? 
i dont think you have given your response enough thought ....
wink.gif

True the shoes probably only cost a fraction of the sale price to make,  but you then add on to this : shipping cost from China to USA, customs clearence cost, import taxes,  and then it needs to shipped/transported nation wide, put into retail shops, marketing/ad campaigns to launch and promote, sales commissions to employees, Government taxes , labour cost of all those that have handled the product (warehouse people, truck drivers) Holding and warehousing cost. Give me $175 and deduct these other cost out and see how much your left with.
Also, you may not be aware that China has had massive inflation over the last 2-3 yrs , people's wages have risen 30-40 % . As there economy is bomming with no signs of slowing compared to the US.

im sure they (JB/Nike) still make a very good profit from it all , but there are other things to consider before crying about increased cost.

And be gratefull, as here in Australia, these will retail for $260+ , which is about $286 USD at the moment.

these would sell out even if they were $200 retail.

so don't go complaining about that. Foams which are just as old cost $200 retail.

It is what it is.

I wouldn't be surprised if these retailed for $200. Tinker said the higher priced Jordan products would take a majority of the price hike because they sell well (i.e. XI's).

they will overproduce these and demand>supply even still because of alllllllthe hypebeasts resellers on here.....im guessing over 10 either stock room pics or somebody will post a pic of the 15 plus pairs they bought.....we will see what happens hopefully nike does free shipping i will get 2 from them and then cop 2 from my store and 1 from my hookup.....2 for others 3 for me....about normal for xis to serious collectors lol impulse is a sob nonetheless good luck in december and hope to get the xiv the xi and the iii if indiglos come again too im a fitting to go absolutely crazy....prolly the best year for jays in many years....concords last shots cement 3 playoff v

Does anyone know the details purchasing these on RD through a Swoosh account? I haven't received any details or read anywhere in the guidelines regarding JB exclusive releases...

Originally Posted by Vuey

laugh.gif

i dont think you have given your response enough thought ....
wink.gif

True the shoes probably only cost a fraction of the sale price to make,  but you then add on to this : shipping cost from China to USA, customs clearence cost, import taxes,  and then it needs to shipped/transported nation wide, put into retail shops, marketing/ad campaigns to launch and promote, sales commissions to employees, Government taxes , labour cost of all those that have handled the product (warehouse people, truck drivers) Holding and warehousing cost. Give me $175 and deduct these other cost out and see how much your left with.
Also, you may not be aware that China has had massive inflation over the last 2-3 yrs , people's wages have risen 30-40 % . As there economy is bomming with no signs of slowing compared to the US.

im sure they (JB/Nike) still make a very good profit from it all , but there are other things to consider before crying about increased cost.

And be gratefull, as here in Australia, these will retail for $260+ , which is about $286 USD at the moment.

I'm pretty sure they had to do all that back in the 90s as well.  Also, the Air Jordan 2011 which also has everything the XI has and more, along with interchangeable insoles and a fancier box, retails for 5 dollars less than the XI.  They even had commercials for it this year and not the XI.  How is this possible?  The absolute bottom line and only reason is that they can charge 175 because people will pay it.  Like I said earlier, stop kidding yourselves.

It definitely costs more today to produce the shoes than it did in the 90's when they had kids putting sneakers together for pennies. As Vuey pointed out, China has changed as has the rest of Asia, and cheap labor aint as cheap as it used to be. And Vuey also touched on another point, and that is that besides the U.S. these will retail for $200+++ all over the world. ($209.99 here in Canada but luckily I get 15% off which gets me close to US retail).

Yes Eastbay will definitely have these as it is a GR as far as what we know now and why wouldnt they do GR for them? It only makes sense.
Not too many ppl should have a problem getting them plain and simple.

Bottom line is that the demand for the shoes is high... Plus the hype on these are off the charts. OG heads/Purist call them what you want keeps complaining and complaining about the quality. At the end of the day these will sell.

People in here always comparing the good old days, unfortunately times has changed. If there is one to blame for these its the internet.... JB dont even need to spend a ton of money in advertisements for these shoe... All they need to do is leak the info at the beginning of the year then boom.... the hype begins.... Later in the year JB gives the samples to various sneaker websites to further hype the shoe...
smokin.gif

definitely gettin these early just like the cg's and the jams. waiting in lines is just not comfortable...hell waiting period is played out.

I will try to get three pairs of these. One to rock other two to trade off for Space jams & Cool Greys. I wasn't able to get them before.

I hope they get the blue soles on these just like the OG's. I'm actually diggin the new cut of the XI's (at least more than I did before) and these are gonna look sick.

Back
Top Bottom