Air Jordan XII Black/UNC information post

Luckily, I didn't have to deal with all the nonsense that everyone else did... (I just have great timing, and more things to do with my life at 1 AM on a Sunday evening/Monday morning)....

However, Alex W., I feel that Nike owes everyone who tried to order on 11/24 an apology. I know we'll never get it, but when many loyal Nike/Jordan Brand consumers (or resellers, it really doesn't matter in this case) wait and never get an explanation of what is going wrong, then this is purely unacceptable.

Alex, your explanation is appreciated by most, but when I read your post, it makes it sound like NT'ers are the ones that are doing things wrong, and that is not cool at all...

Nike gets more than enough money out of NikeTalkers without needing NikeTalk posts to "cover up" Nike's mistakes, oversight and plain arrogance.

Nike is a business, but businesses need to be accountable as well.

It's called a QA department NKE (Nike stock symbol used on purpose), look into it... I'm sure it'll make EVERYONE happier in the end.

Feel free to flame away, since I never post here anyway...

chuck

P.S. Happy Thankgiving NKE, enjoy your Black/Carolina Blue gravy and cranberry sauce...

Chuck,

Whether as an individual or as a business (which still rely on individuals), mistakes are bound to happen. If every mistake deserves an apology, then businesses will be too busy apologizing and not improving. Fact is, the circumstances have improved drastically in the past 24 hours. They've learned and things are getting better.

Granted, it was alot of hassle for a lot of people here. While it would be nice to hear something from them, don't hold you breath. Imagine Bill Gates giving his 'regret' that Windows was built with too many flaws - it just aint going to happen at large corporations like Nike.

In this case, I won't pretend to know how Nike's servers are set up but load-balancing software should work regardless whether someone hard-code a URL or not. It seems more like a denial of service problem due to too much traffic (which can be impossible to predict and exponentially made worse with constant refresh). This can happen to ANY web server that's not prepared for a surge in traffic. I've experienced similiar problems first hand since we had to upgrade our web servers 2 times in the 1st month of launch due to higher than anticipated traffic.

On issues like ease-of-use, it would benefit both Nike and consumers more if you would write in to customer service about it. They can only change what people tell them about.

Finally, keep in mind that there are MANY MANY users who are outside of NikeTalk that know about this package offer too who were hitting the site. Jumpman23.com Team Jordan members are not all NT members. It would be a little arrogant to think that Nike made shoes for just one forum and that the Niketalk is helping Nike 'covering up' their mistakes and oversight. In the end, business and consumer relationship is always driven by the market. As long as Nike keep selling these 'special' and 'limited' items consistently, then they wouldn't need to change anything until consumers are fed up and stop buying.

Speaking of being fed up... go feed up on your turkeys and have a great Thanksgiving :smile:
smile.gif

KG Staff
KicksGuide.com
Basketball Shoes Price Guide

Hello:

If my post sounded like a cover up for Nike/JB, then I apologize. I just wanted to relay some information that I was given this morning. I do agree, Nike messed up this promotion, when they put the 24th on the card and everything...(I still have not received the email, even now).

I will talk to them next week for sure.

Chuck HOLLA at me dunny.

Regards:

Alex.
Angela = Dopeness on a stick.
Niketalk Rules of Conduct
Email: [email protected]
W.T.B.B. Indeed.

I agree w/KicksGuide - i'd be happy to go without an apology if Nike just corrects these problems so that they don't happen again.

Hey Nike - if you make an exclusive offer, expect that some of your customers may actually want to buy it.

So limited that possibly only EVERYBODY will have them, and not their mommas.

And if I show you my dark side/will you still hold me tonight/and if I open my heart to you/and show you my weak side what would you do/would you sell your story to rolling stone/would you take the children away and leave me alone/and smile in reassurance as you whisper down the phone/would you send me packing/or would you take me home

^^
1. Jumpman23.com
2. "Login"
3. Then you're there. Package should be in the left side of the page.

Just ordered a pair for a fellow overseas NT'er. Still considering copping a pair, but i'm still praying that they may just sell the shoes alone. I'll probably cave in a couple days though. :\
ohwell.gif

[/b]

Strange. I log in and see the normal Jumpman23.com site.
Ugghh. I didn't receive the e-mail invite. I changed addresses :frown:
frown.gif
:frown:
frown.gif

Anyone know what to do?

[table]The Man. The Legend[/table][table] Mike Tyson[/table][table]Did you ever know that you're my hero,and everything I would like to be?I can fly higher than an eagle,for you are the Wind Beneath My Wings...[/table]​

^^ When you login it should be in a pop-up window. Once it says welcome and all that B.S., close the window, go back to the JM23.com page and refresh. It will appear.
[/b]

1. Still just getting the "GAME ON. COLLEGE BALL" screen when I login.

2. Do you still have those tickets? E-mail me @ [email protected] -- I'll take them.
[table]The Man. The Legend[/table][table] Mike Tyson[/table][table]Did you ever know that you're my hero,and everything I would like to be?I can fly higher than an eagle,for you are the Wind Beneath My Wings...[/table]​

Quote:
The page you are trying to access has expired or is temporarily unavailable. Please return to the catalog home page to continue browsing. If you had items in your shopping cart, they may have been removed.

WTF?
AIM-Resurectione199
[email protected]
But just as you'll receive what is comin to you/Everybody else is gonna get theirs too/I ain't no saint, therefore I cannot dispute/That everyone must meet their moment of truth
Looking For Juve AM95...Size 9-10...Reasonable Price

im getting the same thing. i sign in and get the college screen on the mainpage. anyone can help? if so hit me up

kev8058 on aim

Here is what you do.
1. Go to jumpman23.com
2.You should see a login link at the top right corner of the screen.
3.Login in and refresh
4. The college basketball pic should turn into the nubuck package pic.

Hope that works

^^ i have tried both ways that were last posted and i am not getting through at all. I know for a fact that i am logged in because it says logout on the upper right. however i am just having difficulty with the site. any other suggestions????

am i supposed to get a email confirming my shoes have been shipped also? all i got was one email saying its confrimed i bought them??

ok here is a stupid question, i know the limit is 3 per member, can i buy 1 today and 1 tomorrow and 1 the next day?

Quote:
Was anyone able to use their gift cards?

Heh, all I used were gift cards.

BTW, for the people that still can't login, just some ?'s

1. What browser?
2. How long have you been a JB member?

Not sure if any of those questions have any relevance to your problems, but just tryin' to help you out.
[/b]

Sorry if posted, but IS THERE an official number on how many are going to be or were produced???????

Back
Top Bottom