Air Jordan XII Flu Game (PICS) 7/29 NEW UPDATED PICS!

The last retro black/red 12's sat in stores for months, they were still there when the 13's retro'd

Originally Posted by All Ready

The last retro black/red 12's sat in stores for months, they were still there when the 13's retro'd

Yes... but how many general releases sold out quickly in the 90's?

Times are now different, kinfoke. You have mass information being spread
via the internet. Hypebeast manufacturing sensational news bids about upcoming
shoe releases that really amp up the once average consumer into modern day,
pseudo shoe-ologists.

Almost EVERY SHOE SAT BACK THEN. I remember cats skipping class
to cop jordans... but you could go after school or wait til the weekend to buy
your current hot release with ease.

I don't know about other towns... but copping shoes was typically an easy routine
for Seattleites.

Personally, i don't know if the Bred XII's sat that long... cuz i never liked them in
the all-leather concentration initially.

Nowadays, you have teens and seasoned shoe-heads buying kicks... that results in
kicks flying out the shelves at faster rates in lieu of yesteryear, when it was just the cats
with dough or having affluent folks.

This spans from kids in the innercity to suburban kids who are jocking the latest trends
via rappers and celebs.

You can thank the internet for this surge in hiphop apparel and commodification.

To be contemporary: everybody "gotta" stunt to keep up with the joneses as materialism
always ascends... recession not impeding in people's vanity - people wanna look good
even when times are bad (the cosmetic industry and gym memberships have risin exponentially).

The flu games won't sit. My theory and i'm sticking to it.

I like these flu game 12's but Jordan brand needs to re-retro the playoff 12's ASAP. I slept on those and missed out.

anyone know if footaction footlocker etc... Opens the same time the mall does on black Friday? I know my local mall opens at 6 and I'll already be there somight as well cop...

Originally Posted by BinYe

Originally Posted by All Ready

Yes... but how many general releases sold out quickly in the 90's?

Times are now different, kinfoke. You have mass information being spread
via the internet. Hypebeast manufacturing sensational news bids about upcoming
shoe releases that really amp up the once average consumer into modern day,
pseudo shoe-ologists.

Almost EVERY SHOE SAT BACK THEN. I remember cats skipping class
to cop jordans... but you could go after school or wait til the weekend to buy
your current hot release with ease.

I don't know about other towns... but copping shoes was typically an easy routine
for Seattleites.

Personally, i don't know if the Bred XII's sat that long... cuz i never liked them in
the all-leather concentration initially.

Nowadays, you have teens and seasoned shoe-heads buying kicks... that results in
kicks flying out the shelves at faster rates in lieu of yesteryear, when it was just the cats
with dough or having affluent folks.

This spans from kids in the innercity to suburban kids who are jocking the latest trends
via rappers and celebs.

You can thank the internet for this surge in hiphop apparel and commodification.

To be contemporary: everybody "gotta" stunt to keep up with the joneses as materialism
always ascends... recession not impeding in people's vanity - people wanna look good
even when times are bad (the cosmetic industry and gym memberships have risin exponentially).

The flu games won't sit. My theory and i'm sticking to it.

roll.gif
roll.gif
, what the hell is this cat talking about. There was no internet orNiketalk/ISS/etc. in October of 2003?
smh.gif

Release Date threads were exploding with information on this site back then, I still remember the retro XI release date threads that became a forum in itselfon NT back in 2000-2001.

The OG color Black/Red XII retro did not fly off the shelf. They sold out eventually. The only XII retro I remember selling out fast was the Black/White(Playoff) colorway.

These are going to sit. They look
ohwell.gif
to me, but I wouldn't mindscooping these up at a deep discount, and they will be around that long. Just like the Nubuck XII's, which I will probably pass on since they gotdiscounted around X-Mas time,
smh.gif

NTLA got a ton of pairs and only a handful of people lined up to get wristbands. These have Outlets written all over them.

Although there is more information out there, I believe the hype on Jordan's has fallen off. Even the Space Jam release has people on the fence. Peoplewant the Space Jams, but they are not letting go of $175 ($200 if you factor tax) that easily. Times have changed, and it is getting to the point where thepeople "feening" are not the older heads but the young bucks (cats that are 15-16 that were born 1994-95 and were toddlers when MJ retired for thesecond time) that fell in love with these for whatever reason, not one of them seeing Mike in his prime.

Banking on this being the "holiday gift" shoe is a terrible theory as most have the Space Jams on their holiday list,
wink.gif

Personally I think these will sit. The Space Jams releasing before Christmas guarantees that these will sit.

Do yourself a favor and save yourself some money, these will be around when Employee Appreciation/F&F rolls around in mid January.

Well I paid retail so I am not too mad or upset if they end up going on sale. I can just pick up another pair to stock.

Originally Posted by CJ863

anyone know if footaction footlocker etc... Opens the same time the mall does on black Friday? I know my local mall opens at 6 and I'll already be there so might as well cop...
its probably different everywhere..best bet would be to call and find out before they close

Originally Posted by zongetsu23

i tell everyone rite now

i went to the mall yesterday

and every store i went to had these shoes

even stores that normally don't get some of the better release's had these shoes

so if i was you i wouldn't worry about copping these , i am sure there is enough to go around

and i am sure these will sell more then the nubucks but, i wouldn't be surprised if you were able to find your size on sale in a month or two......

.......................................................................................................................................................................................................peace

like i said^^^

yes these shoes will sell better then the nubucks and yes some people will get these for x-mas but

most people will be waiting for the white/red 12's and the space jams to drop so i wouldn't worry about missing out

on these tonite because they will be around for a little bit and in no time at all they will be on sale so just hang in there...................peace

hibbet sports is even getting these in my town. they also open at 6am for black friday. i think im going to pass on these although i do like them

They were letting them ride in River Oaks mall outside of Chicago Wednesday night. I got them and a killa shirt. JB might have a loyal customer back.

My Mall opens at 5. I'm getting there at 4 with some friends. I think I'll get a pair, if not, its going to be a Black Friday fail.

how much you guys getting these for? eastbay i think you can use bing which is 25% discover is the same.. but iuno if i should pull the trigger yett..

Back
Top Bottom