AIR JORDAN XIII RETRO - ALL-STAR / PLAYOFF - 2/ 26/11 ((NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING))

Originally Posted by sickickz23

IMO I don't like a player jumping one brand to another. The fact alone that Kobes Nike sig line started later in his career is a negative compared to lebrons one branded shoe line. And I dislike both players lol...
Not much of a Kobe fan but by sayin you don't like a player jumping brands, I take it you do know that he was with adidas for the first 5-6 years before jumpin ship to Nike, right?  That would explain the later in his career signature line as it was later in his career when he joined forces w/the Swoosh.  I worked at an adidas outlet when the adidas-Audi Kobes (his 4th, I wanna say?) dropped, lookin like a TT
alien.gif
. I'm sure there's a dude or lady on here that owns a pair...I don't.  Anyway, this is off topic...Jordans anyday over both of'em but LJ's got a few sick pics that look comfy....there's just too many Jordans I need ahead of even one pair of LJs...
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Bought these 2 sizes to small (on purpose, of course) for half off...Theeeeeennnnnn....

Sold'em a week later, making exactly enough $cratch to buy these two pair of HGs:

OG XIs & Retro B/R XIIIs.  Beyond worth the swap to me.  Would heart a pair of Playoffs in my size someday but getting these 2 pair instead...I'll take that deal any day.  Would you've done the same?

Bought these 2 sizes to small (on purpose, of course) for half off...Theeeeeennnnnn....

Sold'em a week later, making exactly enough $cratch to buy these two pair of HGs:

OG XIs & Retro B/R XIIIs.  Beyond worth the swap to me.  Would heart a pair of Playoffs in my size someday but getting these 2 pair instead...I'll take that deal any day.  Would you've done the same?

Any stores left that do phone orders have a sz. 10 in stock?

I ordered my pair from footlocker.com, and for whatever reason the item was undeliverable even though i just ordered the penny foams to the same address 2 weeks before and no problems.  I told footlocker to resend it to my billing address and they got the shoes back, and of course sold it to someone else.  Needless to say I'm pissed and yea of course I'm getting a refund but it still sucks.

Any stores left that do phone orders have a sz. 10 in stock?

I ordered my pair from footlocker.com, and for whatever reason the item was undeliverable even though i just ordered the penny foams to the same address 2 weeks before and no problems.  I told footlocker to resend it to my billing address and they got the shoes back, and of course sold it to someone else.  Needless to say I'm pissed and yea of course I'm getting a refund but it still sucks.

^^ kind of beat IMO...

I personally would not have done that trade (besides the fact that I already own those xi's and xiii's). You could easily have waited awhile and sold those for more money to find those same shoes in better condition

^^ kind of beat IMO...

I personally would not have done that trade (besides the fact that I already own those xi's and xiii's). You could easily have waited awhile and sold those for more money to find those same shoes in better condition

Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

^^ kind of beat IMO...

Well, your perspective is completely different then and there's no way I coulda made more on the Playoffs, let alone, they're 2 sizes too small, so they're worth next to nothing to me.  I DIDN'T own either pair and while I admit the XIIIs I got are kinda beat the Original B/R XIs are as near Deadstock as I'm ever gonna see.  They're near-flawless without a single scuff on the midsole and a 97% treadlife on the sole, patent's perfect with ZERO toe box creasing and only minor creasing behind the toebox on the sides. If you got a better pair than these, they've never been worn and are 100% DS...not sayin you don't have'em but I ain't ever gonna drop $4-5Hundy on a pair of kicks, Grails or not. These are near mint 15 year old kicks, for cryin out loud! They're SICK!
I bought the Playoffs for half off retail & sold'em for $230, which was enough to buy both pairs of kicks (from 2 different dudes) that I personally like FAR betta then the Playoffs anyway.  If you didn't own either pair, you wouldn't sell these XIIIs, make $150 on your investment & buy 2 pair of more desired shoes instead?  Waiting a while to sell ain't gonna bring in more than that anyway...they're not rare enough & gotta sell while the hype's high...that selling price proves the hype.  So while I appreciate your weigh-in...like I said, completely different place you're comin from.  Worth it to me as the day is long.

^^ kind of beat IMO...

Well, your perspective is completely different then and there's no way I coulda made more on the Playoffs, let alone, they're 2 sizes too small, so they're worth next to nothing to me.  I DIDN'T own either pair and while I admit the XIIIs I got are kinda beat the Original B/R XIs are as near Deadstock as I'm ever gonna see.  They're near-flawless without a single scuff on the midsole and a 97% treadlife on the sole, patent's perfect with ZERO toe box creasing and only minor creasing behind the toebox on the sides. If you got a better pair than these, they've never been worn and are 100% DS...not sayin you don't have'em but I ain't ever gonna drop $4-5Hundy on a pair of kicks, Grails or not. These are near mint 15 year old kicks, for cryin out loud! They're SICK!
I bought the Playoffs for half off retail & sold'em for $230, which was enough to buy both pairs of kicks (from 2 different dudes) that I personally like FAR betta then the Playoffs anyway.  If you didn't own either pair, you wouldn't sell these XIIIs, make $150 on your investment & buy 2 pair of more desired shoes instead?  Waiting a while to sell ain't gonna bring in more than that anyway...they're not rare enough & gotta sell while the hype's high...that selling price proves the hype.  So while I appreciate your weigh-in...like I said, completely different place you're comin from.  Worth it to me as the day is long.

SkiDRUMattiX... rayray3thousand gave his opinion because you asked the question and now it seems like you are blasting him for that. Why ask the question if you seem like you don't want to hear peoples opinion good or bad. You don't have to defend your purchase. If you're cool with it so be it.

SkiDRUMattiX... rayray3thousand gave his opinion because you asked the question and now it seems like you are blasting him for that. Why ask the question if you seem like you don't want to hear peoples opinion good or bad. You don't have to defend your purchase. If you're cool with it so be it.

Originally Posted by SkiDRUMattiX

^^ kind of beat IMO...

YOU DON'T NEED US ON NIKETALK TO JUSTIFY YOUR PURCHASES. YOU ASKED FOR OPINIONS AND DUDE GAVE HIS. IF YOU ARE HAPPY WITH THEM THAT'S ALL THAT SHOULD MATTER.

^^ kind of beat IMO...

YOU DON'T NEED US ON NIKETALK TO JUSTIFY YOUR PURCHASES. YOU ASKED FOR OPINIONS AND DUDE GAVE HIS. IF YOU ARE HAPPY WITH THEM THAT'S ALL THAT SHOULD MATTER.

^Amen to not needing opinions to justify purchases.  I completely agree.  That's why I DIDN'T ask for an opinion.  It was a "Yes" or "No" question.  'Would you or wouldn't you?'  Opinions are extra, not requested but of course here...always given 
tongue.gif

So lemme get this straight... if I type a lot, that's termed as "Blasting" ^^ someone on NT? 

When I clearly state "Well, your perspective is completely different then" and end my defense over shoes he "Blasted" stating the XIs in particular are "kinda beat" when in reality (not opinion) they aren't beat at all and were an absolute steal for their condition, I cap it with "So while I appreciate your weigh-in...like I said, completely different place you're comin from."

You tell me, who blasted who here?  I like that NTers will come to others defense but when a rather harsh and kinda off opinion is given blasting my personal kicks (as well as anybody else's owned shoes) it becomes transparent that the question was ignored, the intention of it missed and the defenses unnecessary. Re-read what he said, then what I answered with.  The only thing in need of defense was blasting a pair of OG XIs as "kinda beat" when they ain't.

Since neither of you actually answered the question in your banter back to me, I'll rephrase so it's not lost in translation:

If you purposely purchased a pair of XIII Black/Black "Playoffs" TWO sizes too small, then sold them and made enough coin to purchase the 2 pair of kicks (XI B/Rs in excellent-to-near-mint cond. AND XIII B/Rs in about 7/10 cond. as shown above) in your size that you did not already own would you do it?

Answers could have a wide range of options for example: "Yes" or perhaps, "No, or Nah" or maybe "I don't think so cuz XIs are dumb (hey 'Mars', not sure what planet you're from but...whatevs
alien.gif
...) or perhaps, "Heck ya, what you gonna do with a shoe 2 sizes to small when you could sell it to knock a couple off the Grail list?" or even "I woulda sold'em, then bought XIII Playoffs in your size and pocketed the rest of the cash....maybe buy the XIII B/Rs used if they were on the cheap with the remaining coin..."

None of those answers blast my personal kicks while still answering the question.  I'm sure there are plenty of other answers that could work the same way. I'm just curious about what someone else mighta done after makin $150 (or enough to buy both pair of my kicks in my size) while only actually spending $80 on the undersized XIIIs thereby only costing me $80 to buy both pair of shoes that replaced them.

I got more pics of the XIs (if you need/would like to see) in a thread I started asking for opinion on OG vs. '01 and got plenty of solid responses from NTers there that helped make up my mind long before I bought'em so justifying my purchase was never part of the question/equation.

Thanks for reading.

^Amen to not needing opinions to justify purchases.  I completely agree.  That's why I DIDN'T ask for an opinion.  It was a "Yes" or "No" question.  'Would you or wouldn't you?'  Opinions are extra, not requested but of course here...always given 
tongue.gif

So lemme get this straight... if I type a lot, that's termed as "Blasting" ^^ someone on NT? 

When I clearly state "Well, your perspective is completely different then" and end my defense over shoes he "Blasted" stating the XIs in particular are "kinda beat" when in reality (not opinion) they aren't beat at all and were an absolute steal for their condition, I cap it with "So while I appreciate your weigh-in...like I said, completely different place you're comin from."

You tell me, who blasted who here?  I like that NTers will come to others defense but when a rather harsh and kinda off opinion is given blasting my personal kicks (as well as anybody else's owned shoes) it becomes transparent that the question was ignored, the intention of it missed and the defenses unnecessary. Re-read what he said, then what I answered with.  The only thing in need of defense was blasting a pair of OG XIs as "kinda beat" when they ain't.

Since neither of you actually answered the question in your banter back to me, I'll rephrase so it's not lost in translation:

If you purposely purchased a pair of XIII Black/Black "Playoffs" TWO sizes too small, then sold them and made enough coin to purchase the 2 pair of kicks (XI B/Rs in excellent-to-near-mint cond. AND XIII B/Rs in about 7/10 cond. as shown above) in your size that you did not already own would you do it?

Answers could have a wide range of options for example: "Yes" or perhaps, "No, or Nah" or maybe "I don't think so cuz XIs are dumb (hey 'Mars', not sure what planet you're from but...whatevs
alien.gif
...) or perhaps, "Heck ya, what you gonna do with a shoe 2 sizes to small when you could sell it to knock a couple off the Grail list?" or even "I woulda sold'em, then bought XIII Playoffs in your size and pocketed the rest of the cash....maybe buy the XIII B/Rs used if they were on the cheap with the remaining coin..."

None of those answers blast my personal kicks while still answering the question.  I'm sure there are plenty of other answers that could work the same way. I'm just curious about what someone else mighta done after makin $150 (or enough to buy both pair of my kicks in my size) while only actually spending $80 on the undersized XIIIs thereby only costing me $80 to buy both pair of shoes that replaced them.

I got more pics of the XIs (if you need/would like to see) in a thread I started asking for opinion on OG vs. '01 and got plenty of solid responses from NTers there that helped make up my mind long before I bought'em so justifying my purchase was never part of the question/equation.

Thanks for reading.

Originally Posted by kopNkicks

Any word on blk/reds dropping this year? RAY ALLEN XIIIs??

None I know of & while Ray Allen XIIIs would be a pass for me, I'd nab a new pair of B/Rs in a flash. They surpass all other XIIIs in my book (Playoffs or B/Ws are a close 2nd) and I dig my "new" pair but would like to be the one breakin in an actual new pair!

I hear the Altitudes may drop again in some quantity but sounds like end of year, if at all and not sure if they'll go back to leather or keep the nylon/3M like last year...that's all I know.

Originally Posted by kopNkicks

Any word on blk/reds dropping this year? RAY ALLEN XIIIs??

None I know of & while Ray Allen XIIIs would be a pass for me, I'd nab a new pair of B/Rs in a flash. They surpass all other XIIIs in my book (Playoffs or B/Ws are a close 2nd) and I dig my "new" pair but would like to be the one breakin in an actual new pair!

I hear the Altitudes may drop again in some quantity but sounds like end of year, if at all and not sure if they'll go back to leather or keep the nylon/3M like last year...that's all I know.

tongue.gif

alien.gif

Thanks for reading.
on behalf of NT...
face-slap-slow-mo.gif

tongue.gif

alien.gif

Thanks for reading.
on behalf of NT...
face-slap-slow-mo.gif

^Amen to not needing opinions to justify purchases.  I completely agree.  That's why I DIDN'T ask for an opinion.  It was a "Yes" or "No" question.  'Would you or wouldn't you?'  Opinions are extra,

Thanks for reading.

I was able to stop reading there, thanks.

^Amen to not needing opinions to justify purchases.  I completely agree.  That's why I DIDN'T ask for an opinion.  It was a "Yes" or "No" question.  'Would you or wouldn't you?'  Opinions are extra,

Thanks for reading.

I was able to stop reading there, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom