Air Jordan XIV White/Varsity Red 4/6/19

It does matter. Air Jordan 18 is a Murcialago. Air Jordan 11 is a Viper. Air Jordan 6 is a Air cooled Porsche. Air Jordan 14 is a 550 Maranello. There’s also three shoes based on specific planes in flight history. P51,X-15,F22 Raptor.

Says who?
Yeah, I never heard that one before about the 11. In the Driven From Within book, Tinker talks about getting inspiration for the 11 from a lawnmower and from the Denver airport's design, of all things. Both of which can be seen in this design sketch. There is a car in the sketch, too, but it appears to be just a generic sports convertible he drew to convey the point about a shiny bottom and a cloth upper. Definitely not a Viper LOL
jordan11sketchdesign.jpg

I wore my Indiglos the other day. I felt like they have Zoom in them, just figured it's a slimmer/smaller Zoom unit that maybe it used to be. I could be wrong, though. Will definitely remember to feel for it the next time I wear them.

I think, IIRC, Sneakerfiles got it wrong there. Almost positive it was MJ's 550 Maranello that inspired the shoe, not the 355. Not that it even matters, just some uber-dork factoid.
550M (Maranello) indeed!
82757C83-EBAF-40DF-98A3-A05F14938F0E.jpeg

5A12D0A7-B743-4756-9718-81FD65837CA0.jpeg

Yeah, I never heard that one before about the 11. In the Driven From Within book, Tinker talks about getting inspiration for the 11 from a lawnmower and from the Denver airport's design, of all things. Both of which can be seen in this design sketch. There is a car in the sketch, too, but it appears to be just a generic sports convertible he drew to convey the point about a shiny bottom and a cloth upper. Definitely not a Viper LOL
jordan11sketchdesign.jpg

If you had to go with a “car” it resembles it would be a Viper even if not named. Which it wasn’t. Now what brand of lawn mower is the real question.

If you had to go with a “car” it resembles it would be a Viper even if not named. Which it wasn’t. Now what brand of lawn mower is the real question.
Ha, yeah, which lawnmower?!
Actually, I've always found it funny those were the inspirations for it, when in reality and from a bit of distance the Concords look an AWFUL lot like old-time spats. Of course, the 16s really took that to heart ...
spats.jpg

Last edited:
This release actually looks really good. I love the black toes, had them in 99. Never had these though. But like the other I mentioned, they get overlooked because Jordan never wore them in game. Still this release looks great. Im still thinking about it more and more. If I was in a mall this Sat I probably would not leave without them.

Still don't see the lawn mower connection.
The connection is that the mower itself is a shiny object, and the bag attached to it is a fabric object. The bag would be the mesh upper, the mower itself the shiny patent leather. Same with the Denver airport: It has that draped fabric-looking portion at the top, then the shiny glass portion below. Designers often, when they talk about inspirations, don't take the inspirations to a literal level in terms of appearance. The 11s don't look like a lawnmower or that airport, but their main design elements are similar in the sense I explained.

Calling these the Rip’s is complete disrespect
Yeah let’s call it candy canes
I’ve called it candy canes since I got them used pair
jordan11sketchdesign.jpg
Okay great my VI’s are two Porsche 930s, they better got 600HP twin turbos tunes by RUF, so I can go to Wangan-sen at 2AM, and go vroom vroom pew pew

Too bad no shoe was inspired by the infamous Datsun s30z

Back
Top Bottom