Air Jordan XX8 aka 2013, new "Proplate Zoom" Technology OFFICIAL THREAD.

If you try these on you will not want to wear retros anymore. I put on my cavs iv and honestly, after wearing the XX8s it was like having rocks attached to my feet. I'm selling them pronto along with all my other retros to get as many xx8s as I can.

The fit  is perfect on these
Yeah, but I don't hoop no more so fit doesn't really matter and as long as they are moderately comfortable I'm cool with it. But these look great with jeans.

Yeah, but I don't hoop no more so fit doesn't really matter and as long as they are moderately comfortable I'm cool with it. But these look great with jeans.
I haven't hooped in almost a year myself. I prefer the weight room to the basketball court nowadays. Tempted to again just to try these out on court. But even casually these feel really comfortable

JB has to drop this price. It's ******g ridiculous. I really want a pair of a different color way but damn.

It's their flagship. They want it exclusive and special. Like owning a luxury watch. They want to keep the price high on them

I never said it was worth the price or if it's a good price point. I just said its what they are doing to build a competitive advantage. To diferentiate themselves from regular Team Jordan Sigs.
This price point is terrible. I feel like a chump for paying this much for a basketball shoe. But I chose to do it so I'm responsible for it. 

This price point is terrible. I feel like a chump for paying this much for a basketball shoe. But I chose to do it so I'm responsible for it. 
Personal I think the price is pretty low when you consider that the Retro XI cost $180, and the newest Jordan shoe should cost at least $100 more and they only cost $70 more? I thinks thats pretty fair and beside, Jordan are meant for the True basketball player with style and substance in mind 
wink.gif

these shoes are just sitting at my local foot locker. green camo and the black/volt colorway. only retros sell in my area so i doubt if these will move at all.

White midsole instead of black, and a red translucent sole, please.
happy.gif
devil.gif
Or red sole, white midsole up front, black midsole in the back w/ the 2 carbond fiber pieces in black instead of red.
Black shank plate on the bottom, then I'm in.

Damn I love the Columbia XI look. I mean... forever.

im with you on the black plate, yeah those columbias are fire, i knew that colorway would look great on these, now what color would you make the inside?

Inside of the shroud: white

The shoe on the inside: white, w/ white laces

Sockliner: black

Damn, the stealth are sold out where I am. Anyone know where they are still available online or in-store?~

Do the green camos look good in person? My order got cancelled and I'm not sure if I should put some effort to get them or not. 
I like them and they look great in my opinion.  However, it is my opinion.  Yours may vary.  It's not the color that you see on JUMPMAN23.COM.  The color for them there is a lot more dull.  

Personal I think the price is pretty low when you consider that the Retro XI cost $180, and the newest Jordan shoe should cost at least $100 more and they only cost $70 more? I thinks thats pretty fair and beside, Jordan are meant for the True basketball player with style and substance in mind 
wink.gif
Not hardly. 200.00 for a hooping shoe is not reasonable unless your parents are able to spend money like that  3-4 times a season. Do you know the abuse basketball shoes take or is this just a cool answer.

Man, people complain about these being expensive. But people are dropping $200 on a shoe that has been retroed 5 times already, and the only difference is it has Nike Air on the back. You can't ball in them, they're made cheaply, yet you go and pay for them. These are new technology, good materials, and made to ball in and people say they're too expensive. There's something wrong here.

Man, people complain about these being expensive. But people are dropping $200 on a shoe that has been retroed 5 times already, and the only difference is it has Nike Air on the back. You can't ball in them, they're made cheaply, yet you go and pay for them. These are new technology, good materials, and made to ball in and people say they're too expensive. There's something wrong here.
I said the same thing about he 88's. Maybe my time has passed in these shoes but I know if this continues shoes are going to jump way up and then in 2-5 years they'll fall again and the outlets will be like they use to be back in the days. But looks like I'm about to go on hiatus. Expecting a real baller to be able to buy 200.00 shoes on a regular basis is not feasible and let's be honest, baller aren't the ones buying these shoes.

Yeah there's something wrong. The insane price.

Last edited:
If I find a pair of black/volt ... I'm gonna pull the trigger just to see if these are really that comfortable.

For the people that have them already, is creasing a non issue with these?

If I find a pair of black/volt ... I'm gonna pull the trigger just to see if these are really that comfortable.

For the people that have them already, is creasing a non issue with these?
Definitely a non-issue with these.  

These would have been cool at 215-220 just based on the materials alone. I remember when the 17's with the case came out I thought the pricing was crazy but the shoe is built like a tank and you could count on them out-performing anything that year. Even the low tops had great quality. Let's be honest tho, this is a very flimsy shoe and the midsole saves it (comfort in the forefoot basically). Once I saw the pricing of the 88's like someone else mentioned, it was a sign of things to come :smh:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom