Air Jordan XX8 aka 2013, new "Proplate Zoom" Technology OFFICIAL THREAD.

I agree with this. After spending money on the top line jordan for that year, in less than ten wears the teeth separated.Also, this didn't happen to me but I've seen it a lot in '99, the  triangle would fall out after a while.

I actually didn't have that problem so fast unless someone really stepped directly on the "teeth" midsole part on the XIV or IX.
The shoes are not ceasing to work, but it's rather an optical issue. Same goes to the XX8's toecapfilm that can be torn
when someone steps on it and putting much stress on it.
But the upper (shroud and the innershoe) itself remains attached to the midsole.

Wow people were upset when they initially heard the price but now are paying $300 on the bay because these are scarce. Did not expect that.

there is no way jb "recalled" the black camos for quality issues. jb doesnt care about quality or defects. if your pair breaks within a year, get a nike voucher.

that being said, im loving this shoe and this weekends pairs look hot. anyone kno if they'll be in similar numbers to the first release?

I just checked with my HOH and they are selling the Red and the Blue XX8 but they arent selling the Yellow colorway on Saturday. So I checked the footlocker launch locator. Over 60 Footlockers are getting the Blue and Red but only 19 are selling the Yellow colorway. 

Wow people were upset when they initially heard the price but now are paying $300 on the bay because these are scarce. Did not expect that.

same here.
Despite the big hate and laughter this shoe earned before relase and even now, plus the extreme
retail price at 250 USD (or 250 EUR), they sold out quite in all 3 colorways in every size worldwide.

I also hated these a lot for a while. Declaring them as uglier than the XV.
But now I like them though not all colorways, as most them are a bit too weird XD.
I ordered one pair of Black/Volts and maybe get a black/neon green Bulls cap.

Is it known yet if the QS three pack will be Twitter link only? I wonder how quickly these are going to sell out. Guess I'll have to wake up at 8am on Saturday. Ugh.
Just check Nike's product launch calender later the next couple days and it will be updated if its twitter link only

i haven't made a NDC purchase since all this TLO stuff started. since they aren't TLO, do they still come out at 8am? just search for XX8 on NDC or is @nikestore still the best way to get them? any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

i haven't made a NDC purchase since all this TLO stuff started. since they aren't TLO, do they still come out at 8am? just search for XX8 on NDC or is @nikestore still the best way to get them? any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks.
you could do either way, by searching for xx8 on ndc or nikestore twitter link. It doesnt matter. I think they will sell out but not instantly so you should be fine if you get online at 8.

Still drop at 8am eastern.

Just google the style code(s) beforehand, input it on NDC, start to refresh a couple minutes before 8am and you shouldn't have any problems.

Last edited:
Don't see anything for a European release for the blue, red, and yellow camos. Hopefully they drop at a later date

Forgive me if this has been posted, I haven't seen it yet though.

Was thumbing through the most recent Sole Collector the other day and finally read some of the Jordan XX8 quotes in there. I think it was Tinker (don't have it in front of me right now) who basically said something like (I'm paraphrasing):

"The possibilities here are endless. The iD versions are what really could set things apart, as theoretically you could upload your own design onto the shroud"

Really had me thinking at first what a revolutionary thing that could be. We haven't really seen, to my knowledge, anything like that iD-wise yet, correct?

Then, I was shaking my head cause I'm sure that makes the price astronomical, and you could end up with some POS quality depending on your image. If these were a part of iD and that was an option, how would y'all feel about it?

I probably wouldn't upload a picture. But I would ID and put my old number 15 on them and make them yellow with hints of blue like my old team uniforms. That would be sweet

the first thing i thought of when i heard about uploading an image, is to replicate another jordan's features on the image (print the side of a shoe), or considering the height of the shroud, the air mag.

but then i imagined how cheesy that would be

not only would this process cost more, but it would have to take more time. unlike normal id which automatically screens out profanity and other inappropriate words, images would require a real person approving each submission.

or else we might end up with a bunch of these
900x900px-LL-1133cef3_8382916438_f2fdcc9024.jpeg

Last edited:
the first thing i thought of when i heard about uploading an image, is to replicate another jordan's features on the image (print the side of a shoe), or considering the height of the shroud, the air mag.

but then i imagined how cheesy that would be

not only would this process cost more, but it would have to take more time. unlike normal id which automatically screens out profanity and other inappropriate words, images would require a real person approving each submission.

or else we might end up with a bunch of these
900x900px-LL-1133cef3_8382916438_f2fdcc9024.jpeg
every time i see this face i think of this...

Can someone expand on the Blk Camos/Jokers?

Were they really recalled? Are they a limited version? :nerd:

I just picked up a pair & I didn't know they were requested by JB to be sent back. None of my PDX friends told me about that! :lol:

Also, I cannot believe we have 16 more colors releasing?!? :wow:

PO

Back
Top Bottom