Air Jordan XX8 aka 2013, new "Proplate Zoom" Technology OFFICIAL THREAD.

I just saw a picture of the colorpack and the inside of the red is orange. If it was black I would cop but I'm passing on orange. Looks like I'm buying the blue.

I was looking through some old Air Jordan ads the other day. It made me hearken back to the days when JB didn't take themselves so seriously. I loved the old Bugs Bunny and Marvin the Martian spots. I loved how they made their shoes cartoony. So I quickly threw this together. I may or may not get around to cleaning it up.

It's outta the yellow n blue for me. Hopefully my store gets em in tomorrow cuz I don't like online shopping. Like to go grab my shoes the old fashioned way.

Still dont like the white outsoles. The clear ones on the black/volts looks better on the xx8.

Could not agree more. Idc that they end up yellowing... They look so much better. I need to figure out how to use retobrite anyway (my spacejams and royal foam1 are looking pissy)

Since I can't find the black stealths anywhere below retail, I'll just save the $300+ for when they hit ID. Hopefully then I can make a black/non volt inside with clear sole. Not sure what color I would want inside tho.

Last edited:
For anyone wondering the IG pic above is of my boy James Johnson who plays for the Kings. Played ball with him since 8th grade through high school, guy deserves more time does everything on defense. Heres of pic from during the game via Getty Images.

Repped for holding him down, thats my boy too. I used to play ball with him pre-nike camp at F.E Warren AFB gym during the summers. After he rated so high in the Nike camp they told him to stop playing with during the summer(dont blame him). Cool dude, I still keep in touch with some off his family in Wy but havent spoke to him since he went pro. Small world. Did you use to play on the Base?

I just saw a picture of the colorpack and the inside of the red is orange. If it was black I would cop but I'm passing on orange. Looks like I'm buying the blue.
I'm disappointed with the orange bootie.  
ohwell.gif
  I will have to see them in person though.  

Repped for holding him down, thats my boy too. I used to play ball with him pre-nike camp at F.E Warren AFB gym during the summers. After he rated so high in the Nike camp they told him to stop playing with during the summer(dont blame him). Cool dude, I still keep in touch with some off his family in Wy but havent spoke to him since he went pro. Small world. Did you use to play on the Base?
Ya after that Nike camp he had to cut out the pick up games unfortunately, only times we ran pickups after that usually was for college scouts later in the summer. Ya I went to the base a few times I never went to much since I didn't have a military ID though and felt bad hasseling other people to get me on to play. Definitely a small world though for sure

Neither of the XX8 that are releasing feature a shroud/bootie combo that I like. I had hopes for the red ones but red and orange? I'll see what the yellows look like in person and go from there I guess. Also, does anyone actually like the wavy "camouflage" print on the shroud or are we all just kind of dealing with it?

Neither of the XX8 that are releasing feature a shroud/bootie combo that I like. I had hopes for the red ones but red and orange? I'll see what the yellows look like in person and go from there I guess. Also, does anyone actually like the wavy "camouflage" print on the shroud or are we all just kind of dealing with it?

I like the black camos because its more subtle in its execution, but I don't like the other camo CW yet. And I completely agree about the bootie combos. Pretty weak colors if you want traditional, familiar color schemes. There are almost 15 more CWs confirmed though?

I still believe they are using these releases and colorways to make us imagine. I really think the ID option is what their play on these is. Limited runs that make sure the shoe can't be found in stores as easily, many of which aren't quite what we want. Then they jack the price up to $275 or $300 on ID and make bank with the biggest set of ID options on a flagship ever.

Win win for Nike and Jordan Brand, and actually a pretty creative way to manage this release and keep the interest throughout the year in a way the AJ hasn't been able to do while the KD and LeBrons have. It strengthens Nike's overall portfolio if they can successfully differentiate a product's life cycle like this.

I'm gonna be really upset if I fail to get the red camos from NDC on Saturday. Have my alarm set for 7:50am. I expect them to be super limited, but I hope it's not an instant sellout.

Don't be fooled by the studio shots of the "red", Here it is in real life:

The shoe's a little darker in person but it's still not quite red. It's more orange like the "crimson" on the 3s that just came out. Pass for me.

More bad news: this pack is going to be just as limited as the first releases. My HoH said they're only getting 1 size run of colorways so far, and are still waiting on the blue and yellows to arrive. In an interesting twist they did get restocked on the solid black, but they said that Nike pulled that stock from stores where they didn't instantly sell out so they'd sell here (it's a pretty major HoH).

Don't be fooled by the studio shots of the "red", Here it is in real life:

The shoe's a little darker in person but it's still not quite red. It's more orange like the "crimson" on the 3s that just came out. Pass for me.
More bad news: this pack is going to be just as limited as the first releases. My HoH said they're only getting 1 size run of colorways so far, and are still waiting on the blue and yellows to arrive. In an interesting twist they did get restocked on the solid black, but they said that Nike pulled that stock from stores where they didn't instantly sell out so they'd sell here (it's a pretty major HoH).

Wow! Thanks for the picture of the red xx8. Making me have second thoughts. Can I ask you which HOH got a restock on the black/volt xx8? I'm looking to get one.

Wow! Thanks for the picture of the red xx8. Making me have second thoughts. Can I ask you which HOH got a restock on the black/volt xx8? I'm looking to get one.
HoH North Riverside, they just came in Thursday. Hopefully you weren't looking for a 9 cause I nabbed that for my bro.

I'm gonna be really upset if I fail to get the red camos from NDC on Saturday. Have my alarm set for 7:50am. I expect them to be super limited, but I hope it's not an instant sellout.
I don't think it will be instant sellout. Remember, they are up against Foams.......and we know what type of traffic that brings.

These Are more of a performance shoe. Looks great for ankle support and training. Nothing spectacular about style or outings.

Back
Top Bottom