Air Jordan XX8 aka 2013, new "Proplate Zoom" Technology OFFICIAL THREAD.

Some say they were recalled for offensive content in the script on the camo, which doesn't make sense since it's the same on all the camos. Earlier on people said they were early production that was recalled because the toe would separate, which was fixed for the rest of the colorways. Some said they were accidentally shipped out before release date. The truth remains elusive

I now regret not getting the green camos when I had the chance at retail. I thought there would be better colorways but the only other ones that released over here besides the black stealth which I got were carbons, oak hills and those god awful coral reef ones and I didn't like any of them

THANK YOU BRUH

dudes LOVE to hype everything, my HOH looks exactly like that too

My experience has been limited to the carbon fiber XX8s cause the N River HoH did a raffle on those after telling me they wouldn't. I was able to get my pair from Niketown, but they sold out pretty quick too.

I haven't been the N River since and we all know these sold out quick online. Actually disappointed to see the Why Nots sit because I had convinced myself not to buy a pair. Now the temptation is coming back.

Regardless, I think what people are saying about Jordan making these more "limited" compared to 2012 and 2011 releases is true. Even if a few of the colorways do make their way to the outlet, we're not going to see them at rock bottom prices like we did with the 2012s.

Anyone know where I can find the carbons still?
Also ya north riverside employees are the worst haven't gone back since due to their attitude. Shoes aren't cheap, last thing I need is their smart remarks or misinformation

I was just thinking how they are so not passionate about these shoes and how rude they are. They don't realize that hundreds of people would kill to be in their position who are knowledgeable, helpful and personable. Those guys really have their heads up their *****. I'm just saying, shoes are my passion and I would enjoy working there. My attitude would show it.

Damn right! One of my favourite things about the xx8 is that it reestablishes the Jordan sig as the best shoe on the market. I grew up watching Jordan back when NBA basketball was actually worth watching. I refuse to watch any of the current games, much rather watch oldel ones from the 90s with greats like Hill, Pippen, Jordan, Iverson, Shaq, Kemp, Payton etc. Those were the days.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but how exactly did this shoe re-establish Jordan's as the best sig? These shoes are terrible and quite frankly, do not deserve to be considered part of the main jordan line. Besides players signed to the brand, how many other players are wearing this shoe? Back when Jordan was playing and maybe up to the 17's, you would see plenty of players using them. Outside of Jordan brand. Not like mj really cared before but it's a shame what this company has turned into and where they are headed.

I'm hoping they will release the fractal prints pairs.  Those are the only ones I'm waiting for.  

Doubt those will make it to the public.
Also the shoes aren't terrible, performance wise they are pretty beast. Snug like the 2k4 insane cushion for the amount of weight. Sure it's not like the retros but I doubt we will see Jordan's pushing the limit in turns of style.

I feel like style is a hit or miss regardless tho because its not like everyone is gonna fall in love with the same shoe. There are so many opinions of dudes but as long as these surpass other shoes in performance like I now JB can do then I respect the shoes they make

Honestly I was not a fan of the shoe untill recently I figured this would be an easy pass, but with limited numbers and almost no pairs on ebay these are extremely limited it seams.

If anybody is looking for a deal on the xx8 shorts, seller on EBay has them for 49.98 w/ free shipping. I ordered a pair a few weeks ago. They are legit and very nice

Honestly I was not a fan of the shoe untill recently I figured this would be an easy pass, but with limited numbers and almost no pairs on ebay these are extremely limited it seams.
laugh.gif

Think black camo for $295 shipped is a good deal?
Took a gamble, and got lucky on my size following https://twitter.com/kicks4saleig  for $195.00 shipped.  Still debating wearing these for hoops, or casually.  Will be worn regardless.

The print is definitely clearer on these camos compared to the rest.  The seller told me that these were a QS, but who knows what's true at this point with the black camos.  Definitely much better looking in person.

Whats the midsole issue with these? I was thinking of buying a pair for ball but I don't wanna spend two fifty on some shut thatll wear down quickly. I'm 5'11 280 pounds and wear a brace if that matters
I used mine exclusively for indoor hoops.  The tread didn't wear down that fast on me at all.  I could imagine these wearing down pretty fast if used for outdoors as the rubber and tread is pretty soft and pliable.  I did see scuffs on the upper like I would any other hoops shoe, but it held up fine over 4 months.  My problem w/ the mid-sole was the left heel zoom bag popping on me in 2 pairs I had used exclusively for hoops.  I think this was due to the heel hardness of the custom orthotic I was using, along with the way I perform heel strikes with my left foot.  I have a softer pair of court sport orthotics being made, so we'll see if I bust up another pair of these hooping again.  For comparison, I'm 6'1, 220lbs.  

Honestly these are the best shoes I've ever hooped in (I probably say this every year with new models and what not).  Great support, cushion, and light.  Been hooping in the Superhero LBJ X Elites 'til my softer orthotics are ready.  Playing in the XX8s felt more natural with a one to one fit with my foot.  I also felt more in the shoe with the XX8 as opposed to on top of a shoe with the Lebron X Elite.  Don't get me wrong, they are extremely cushioned, durable, and more flexible in the upper compared to the original Xs, but still require me to adjust my play style and footing with that big max zoom bag.  Performing overall agility based moves just feels slower in the X.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom