Air Jordan XX8 aka 2013, new "Proplate Zoom" Technology OFFICIAL THREAD.

I was not feeling the the DTRT XX8s originally. They are way nicer in person than I expected. I actually like them more in person than I like the carbons. I never would have expected that. The DTRTs have crisp patterns and nice saturation to the colors used while the carbons just seem fuzzy and muted. Strange. Not sure if I like the thicker cloth shroud on these more more recent pairs. Probably more durable but they stretch less.

Also, the DTRT XX8s have a slightly different box. The inner box is yellow with the pattern from the shoe embossed on the box. It's a nice box.

Last edited:
I was not feeling the the DTRT XX8s originally. They are way nicer in person than I expected. I actually like them more in person than I like the carbons. I never would have expected that. The DTRTs have crisp patterns and nice saturation to the colors used while the carbons just seem fuzzy and muted. Strange. Not sure if I like the thicker cloth shroud on these more more recent pairs. Probably more durable but they stretch less.

Also, the DTRT XX8s have a slightly different box. The inner box is yellow with the pattern from the shoe embossed on the box. It's a nice box.
did you buy them ?

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but how exactly did this shoe re-establish Jordan's as the best sig? These shoes are terrible and quite frankly, do not deserve to be considered part of the main jordan line. Besides players signed to the brand, how many other players are wearing this shoe? Back when Jordan was playing and maybe up to the 17's, you would see plenty of players using them. Outside of Jordan brand. Not like mj really cared before but it's a shame what this company has turned into and where they are headed.
How did you reach the conclusion that these shoes are terrible?

They are far  more superior than anything nike basketball has come up with this year (kobe 8, lebron 10, hyperdunk, kd 5)

How did you reach the conclusion that these shoes are terrible?
They are far  more superior than anything nike basketball has come up with this year (kobe 8, lebron 10, hyperdunk, kd 5)
In terms of looks, they are not very appealing. They basically re-hashed an idea from the 90's by making the shoe a zip. Except they went to the extreme and made the height of a lace up boot. The design does not scream jordan to me but of course, I haven't considered a sig Jordan an actual sig since the XX3.
I'm not going to touch on comfort because everyone has a different shape and find different models more comfortable than others. If I'm looking for a b ball shoe to give me comfort, I'm not looking for a pair of Jordan's.

In terms of looks, they are not very appealing. They basically re-hashed an idea from the 90's by making the shoe a zip. Except they went to the extreme and made the height of a lace up boot. The design does not scream jordan to me but of course, I haven't considered a sig Jordan an actual sig since the XX3.
I'm not going to touch on comfort because everyone has a different shape and find different models more comfortable than others. If I'm looking for a b ball shoe to give me comfort, I'm not looking for a pair of Jordan's.

I can tell you haven't played in them.

I don't think most people that buy jordans actually play ball

I would agree with this. I wore my 2010 and 2011 casually before using them for ball. But the level of ball I play is just pick up games. Nothing too serious or skilled. Both the 2010 and 2011 are pretty comfortable too. My 2012s and XX8s are still DS though, so don't have any comments to offer on those yet.

it is a basketball shoe first right ?

too bad if they don't look good with jeans

got 6 pairs and can't wait for next release

keep hatin, leaves more for me

thanks

Last edited:
I can tell you haven't played in them.
And that means what? Every year is the same story with a sig release: "best bball shoe ever" "oh my God, I can float on these things". As I said in my previous post (which you failed to acknowledge) everyone has their own opinion on what shoe is comfortable. Mine is that I don't find any Jordan comfortable enough to play ball in and say its the best, comfort wise.

I don't think most people that buy jordans actually play ball....IN THEM

Fixed.

Last edited:
And that means what? Every year is the same story with a sig release: "best bball shoe ever" "oh my God, I can float on these things". As I said in my previous post (which you failed to acknowledge) everyone has their own opinion on what shoe is comfortable. Mine is that I don't find any Jordan comfortable enough to play ball in and say its the best, comfort wise.
Fixed.

Relax man, just a statement. For what ever reason these shoes seem to have you vexed, or perhaps it's Jordan brand. I agree Jordan's aren't for everyone, Lebrons are too heavy for me, Kobe's are too low for others etc.

I made the statement you haven't worn these shoes, because everyone that's worn them has more or less had rave views. If you had worn them I'd be very interested to hear your perspective cause it would be a nice alternative perspective to hear why you thought these shoes straight up sucked. Point is though, you haven't worn them and makes it difficult for anyone to consider your opinion when you shoot them down for having an opinion of their own and actually having tried the shoe out.

Say we agreed that this wasnt the shoe of the year, which one was? My point is anybody could make an argument for the flagship models that released this year as to why they are/aren't shoe of the year.

If you want to turn this into a style/innovative casual apparence thing, go ahead. But I'm sure you're aware that most "innovative" Jordan's sat on sales racks during their initial release.

Relax man, just a statement. For what ever reason these shoes seem to have you vexed, or perhaps it's Jordan brand. I agree Jordan's aren't for everyone, Lebrons are too heavy for me, Kobe's are too low for others etc.

I made the statement you haven't worn these shoes, because everyone that's worn them has more or less had rave views. If you had worn them I'd be very interested to hear your perspective cause it would be a nice alternative perspective to hear why you thought these shoes straight up sucked. Point is though, you haven't worn them and makes it difficult for anyone to consider your opinion when you shoot them down for having an opinion of their own and actually having tried the shoe out.

Say we agreed that this wasnt the shoe of the year, which one was? My point is anybody could make an argument for the flagship models that released this year as to why they are/aren't shoe of the year.

If you want to turn this into a style/innovative casual apparence thing, go ahead. But I'm sure you're aware that most "innovative" Jordan's sat on sales racks during their initial release.
I'm not shooting anyone's opinion down.  I just disagree with them. As I said, in my opinion, this shoe didn't deliver for me.  As far as comfort goes, every Jordan that has come out, everyone says it's the most comfortable shoe ever.  I've owned Jordan's as far back as the original V's up to the XX3's and I have never thought of a Jordan shoe to be the most comfortable for b-ball play.  I'm sure there are people out there that like to play in Jordan's, I'm not one of them.

Your 3rd paragraph is basically what I've been saying:  Everyone has their own opinion as to which shoe is good.  Doesn't mean everyone will agree but that's what prompts discussions.

did you buy them ?

Yes. Played in them twice this week. Get a lot of comments on the crazy pattern and colorblocking. :wink: A great hoop shoe to say the least. Definitely go 1/2 size down if you play in them. Though I don't like the feel of the new thicker shroud material as much as I like the feel of the original, it seems to breath better than the original material.

Last edited:
Yes. Played in them twice this week. Get a lot of comments on the crazy pattern and colorblocking.
wink.gif
A great hoop shoe to say the least. Definitely go 1/2 size down if you play in them. Though I don't like the feel of the new thicker shroud material as much as I like the feel of the original, it seems to breath better than the original material.
nice

Kind of bummed no cool colorways have released like the Jordan classic games or ray Allen's. also nothing is set to release any time soon :/

A pair of these just basically fell in my lap.. size 12.. i cant find a pair anywhere for sale... how much would you guys say they would go for?

The purple camos and blue have grown on me and that's only because the rest stink.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom