Air Jordan XX8 aka 2013, new "Proplate Zoom" Technology OFFICIAL THREAD.

This pic looks like the zipper broke on Westbrook's shoe. The laces are exposed but the top part is connected.

923571_10151606160736605_37831456_n.jpg

Sneakernews.com said something about the XX8s were on a 2 year cycle. They mentioned it in a 2014 Sneaker Projection article. They're saying XX9 debut in late 2014. Not sure where they got their info at.

got the green camo pair on the way for 135 shipped. Excited to ball in them but at the same time I'm nervous with all the horror stories

Damn really wanted to grab a pair of SE's to ball in.. so many good reviews of the performance/feel, but so many horror stories of the bags popping! They aren't even released here in Australia yet so would have to get from the US/other.. and if it pops would be impossible/difficult to return :frown:

got the green camo pair on the way for 135 shipped. Excited to ball in them but at the same time I'm nervous with all the horror stories
Damn... great price.  Got my green camos for 190 shipped and thought that was decent.

I'm also nervous of the horror stories but I've also heard about as many stories of people having no issues.  Too bad it's kind of hit or miss...

Sneakernews.com said something about the XX8s were on a 2 year cycle. They mentioned it in a 2014 Sneaker Projection article. They're saying XX9 debut in late 2014. Not sure where they got their info at.
Does that mean more shrouded pairs? I don't like the SEs except for the black/gold and who knows if those will release

grail, really?

i can understand wanting something a lot, but calling them "grails" is a bit much for a shoe that only dropped in the last several months.

grats on the pickup.

Last edited:
grail, really?

i can understand wanting something a lot, but calling them "grails" is a bit much for a shoe that only dropped in the last several months.

grats on the pickup.
I know what you're getting at, but I really don't think a "grail" has to be some ultra-rare, ultra-limited, 90s original or whatever... I have a couple pairs of original Js and interestingly enough, I don't think I'd call them grails.  

This is a grail for me because it's close, if not the best performance model I have tried and it's my favorite colorway.

I'd say for me, my grails are the 3 shoes or so that I would choose to keep if I had to get rid of them all.  I should probably just avoid the term though

No worries.

The term just comes from "the holy grail" as in that thing no one can find.

I mainly don't care for rare shoes, but I the undftd iv's are a colourway I love. They are impossible to get reasonably so they are my grails. Here's hoping and praying for a gr retro, but I know that's just dreaming.

:smile:

thanks for sharing your copping. i love nothing more here than to read people copping shoes that they love for retail or less. it's just sad that it so rarely happens.

smile.gif

thanks for sharing your copping. i love nothing more here than to read people copping shoes that they love for retail or less. it's just sad that it so rarely happens.
It is sad

I'm not the oldest of users on this forum,  I know we've got some heads that have been around for a while.  But I truly do remember days when I actually had the opportunity to walk into the store and see a variety of performance models on the shelf and generally could try on what I wanted.  I think of some of those models I had for ball and how these days I'd need a ticket procedure or twitter link to obtain them...

It's a shame... 

I'm salty. Missed the XX8 Black/volts tweet from sneakersteal earlier for $99. Wish I could ever come up on a deal that good.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom