Air Jordan XX8 aka 2013, new "Proplate Zoom" Technology OFFICIAL THREAD.

exactly 1 full rotation isnt enough. i do wonder the chances of getting a lower cut lower price model and i thought they said the flagships would remain mostly leather uppers kills me they're charging these prices for fully synthetic shoes.

yeah i was being silly with that post.

but you and i both know jb talk a lot of smack about the future. i still can't get over gentry saying that after 08 there'd be few OG colourway retros and they'll be harder to get. every year they say one thing as if the shoe's new tech which will blow minds and change the game, but then it will vanish the year after.

i think they might get their forecasts subcontracted with the bureau of meteorology.

i hope they drop a stealth XX type colorway

quick mock:

Last edited:
yeah i was being silly with that post.
but you and i both know jb talk a lot of smack about the future. i still can't get over gentry saying that after 08 there'd be few OG colourway retros and they'll be harder to get. every year they say one thing as if the shoe's new tech which will blow minds and change the game, but then it will vanish the year after.
i think they might get their forecasts subcontracted with the bureau of meteorology.

they tryed that by releasing those fusion models but realized that it was a horrible plan and went back to the usual slew of retros

I agree wholeheartedly.  It kills me when people talk about performance and stuff like that.   :rolleyes   Ultimately, you are paying for a brand and what that brand represents.  The Air Jordan flagship represents MJ in his prime and therefore it is priced accordingly.  Tinker said some time ago that they were looking for the  flagship Air Jordan to be the luxury line of basketball shoes.  Simple marketing plain and simple. :D   

Just like Gucci, Armani, and even Cole Haan cater to a particular crowd, JB is trying to do the same with this latest edition.  Everybody doesn't buy Gucci, Armani, or Cole Haan.  So when you see someone wearing these brands its says that they look for the best in footwear. Whether or not JB is able to accomplish this with the flagship shoe remains to be seen but I can admire the attempt. 

Ultimately, if you have any skill whatsoever on the basketball court, the shoe that you play in doesn't make a difference.  When we were kids we wanted to be like Mike and hoped that buying his shoes would make that dream come true.  Needless to say many of us have moved on to other careers and basketball is nothing more than a hobby.:rofl:
[/

Gucci and most of all the other companies u named are expensive b/c of export taxes. Over in spots like France something as simple as Levi's to us is much more expensive for them b/c of the tax.... The $250 is just poor judgement on their part unless the don't plan on manufacturing alot of these (Yeezys). If these "premium" kicks sit at $250 and end up rotting in outlets for less than the $170 that they charging for retros with less tech then that's a loss on they end IMO

I am interested in the new application of zoom. From the midsole down looks good. I can't imagine people paying 250 for these. Like others have said I might cop at the outlet. I'm sure they will release a cheaper low or shroud less version at a lower price

If they release a colorway that looks EXACTLY like this mockup, I'd cop in a heartbeat.
34ru6p3.png

AJ XIV "Last Shot"-esque.
smokin.gif
I'd cop those easy but i really like that sort of 23 logo on the side had me tripping earlier. They really should've done something with the upper though

Last edited:
That's what the clearance section is for.

It's not a question of full price or clearance, it's a question of how many people here are focused on high end athletic equipment for purposes of social status as opposed to purposes of athletics.

Many of you like high end athletic footwear because you think it's "cool."

Some of us like high end athletic footwear because we are athletes and we prefer the best protection and performance possible.

The unathletic children here who obsess over sneakers I believe would be properly described as "poseurs"?

I want to buy a pair and see how they perform. And honestly don't think the design is too bad but the price is just to high for these. Rather save $50 and snag some LeBRON X.

I want to buy a pair and see how they perform. And honestly don't think the design is too bad but the price is just to high for these. Rather save $50 and snag some LeBRON X.

but that's the point: "not too bad"
Air Jordans should look cool despite being like an alien compared to most other shoes.
The thing is, they should skip the shroud element.
With the shroud zipped down, it hangs like rabbit ears and covers one of the coolest
part of the shoe which is the carbon heel stabilizer with the Jumpman on it!

How many of you guys though have actually bought a recent Jordan Sig shoe though? My last pair was the XX3. And I haven't been in the Jordan forum in forever and these brought me back in here.

What Jordan did this year was finally put themselves back on the map. I mean the shoes are being talked about everywhere. Everyone knows i like shoes at work and i am getting emails from people "Have you see the new Air Jordans????".

They finally took a risk. Whether it will pay off or not, they are being talked about again. No one cared about the 2011 or the 2012. They needed to do something to stand out. And they did. I credit Tinker for this. The shoe isn't for everyone and honestly i won't buy them ever unless they go on a deep discount and are in a better colorway. But from a business standpoint this was a brilliant move.

Being a fan of the old Glove's i would buy these in a mid for sure at $200. Like everyone said....the super high shroud seems to serve no real purpose....i wish it were lowered to a high and still able to fold down but fully zipped they were average high-top height. I think that would honestly make the best looking jordan imo since the 18s

How many of you guys though have actually bought a recent Jordan Sig shoe though? My last pair was the XX3. And I haven't been in the Jordan forum in forever and these brought me back in here.

What Jordan did this year was finally put themselves back on the map. I mean the shoes are being talked about everywhere. Everyone knows i like shoes at work and i am getting emails from people "Have you see the new Air Jordans????".

They finally took a risk. Whether it will pay off or not, they are being talked about again. No one cared about the 2011 or the 2012. They needed to do something to stand out. And they did. I credit Tinker for this. The shoe isn't for everyone and honestly i won't buy them ever unless they go on a deep discount and are in a better colorway. But from a business standpoint this was a brilliant move.

Being a fan of the old Glove's i would buy these in a mid for sure at $200. Like everyone said....the super high shroud seems to serve no real purpose....i wish it were lowered to a high and still able to fold down but fully zipped they were average high-top height. I think that would honestly make the best looking jordan imo since the 18s

XX and XX3 are way better than the XVIII, well IMO and I think most would agree.

Yeah, they've gotten a lot of free publicity.

Myself, I've gotten 2012's, 2011's, 2010's, 2009...

Can't say I paid full price for any of them

I wont be Giving JB the pass on these just because of PERFORMANCE as already stated there are plenty better looking and much cheaper comparable performance shoes out there.
Half the people talking about they are performance beasts probably don't even hoop like that to notice the difference. If you did you would know all the tech crap is just gimmicks, the right shoe to wear is one that is comfortable on YOUR feet and fit YOUR feet how you want or expect them to.
I grew up only wearing NIKE and I still to this day hate Adidas but that's who my university was sponsored by so I had to hoop for 4 years in them...I remember freshman year playing in PRO MODELS not a bad shoe and definitely not the HIGH tech performance focused shoe that this supposedly is but I can say it didnt affect my performance whatsoever, I just hated how they looked...just like I hate these shoes lol
Notice how NBA players can wear the very retro Jordan's that we always complain about being made with horrible materials? Or better yet Rasheed Wallace playing in AIR FORCE ONES...
Shoes only do so much,

How can you talk about performance when you haven't worn them, much less played in them :stoneface:

Back
Top Bottom