Air Jordan XX8 aka 2013, new "Proplate Zoom" Technology OFFICIAL THREAD.

I wont be Giving JB the pass on these just because of PERFORMANCE as already stated there are plenty better looking and much cheaper comparable performance shoes out there.
Half the people talking about they are performance beasts probably don't even hoop like that to notice the difference. If you did you would know all the tech crap is just gimmicks, the right shoe to wear is one that is comfortable on YOUR feet and fit YOUR feet how you want or expect them to.
I grew up only wearing NIKE and I still to this day hate Adidas but that's who my university was sponsored by so I had to hoop for 4 years in them...I remember freshman year playing in PRO MODELS not a bad shoe and definitely not the HIGH tech performance focused shoe that this supposedly is but I can say it didnt affect my performance whatsoever, I just hated how they looked...just like I hate these shoes lol
Notice how NBA players can wear the very retro Jordan's that we always complain about being made with horrible materials? Or better yet Rasheed Wallace playing in AIR FORCE ONES...
Shoes only do so much,

Great post,

How about college players with fakes that have no tech at all, and some people on here that play pickup talking performance like they are some NBA player and could not even make a HS team.

To me, they got the silhouette right on this model. Even even zipped up they look good. Wonder what they would look like with them folded inward instead of down. Also wonder if someone could PS them to make the folded piece just the design of the upper instead of a folded down piece

Anyone who is supporting this shoe has made it clear that they would wear ANY thing that Jordan puts out.  These are team Jordans.  You guys are serious right now?

I hope jb saves themselves and maker a cheaper model like the LeBron 10. Maybe with $100 cheaper and know high zipper, hot colorways these could sell. But $250 is a no.

The people that rock these for "performance" are the same dudes that came to the park with the Iverson sleeve.. you still suck.. no fingerbands.. Derek Fisher headbands.. no authentic jersey.. fuelband.. XX8s.. nothing is going to help.  If anything all that just accentuates their LACK of performance.

I hope jb saves themselves and maker a cheaper model like the LeBron 10. Maybe with $100 cheaper and know high zipper, hot colorways these could sell. But $250 is a no.
It's over for Jordan.  They are trying to do way too much.  Stick to re-retroing retros until its over.  Drop some actual fire colorways every now and then.. with a meaning.  Just like Jordan didn't know when to quit in the league.. he doesn't know when to quit in the biz.  **cue Rita Whora (itss overr)**

You know there will be a non-shrouded version. It only makes sense. They spent two years developing the tech, they aren't going to waste it on a polarizing shoe.

I can't wait to see them in person. The on-foot pictures make me like them more. Also, they look less over-the-top with jeans.

You know there will be a non-shrouded version. It only makes sense. They spent two years developing the tech, they aren't going to waste it on a polarizing shoe.
I can't wait to see them in person. The on-foot pictures make me like them more. Also, they look less over-the-top with jeans.
I would like to see what's behind the shroud.  Or at least a version where the shroud is shortened to just a little above the cuff so you don't have to fold them.  Maybe even shorten the tongue as well.
smokin.gif

I will cop when it hits outlets and theyll be my gym/basketball/other sports sneaker.

This shoe is not for "Go out swag splashin' on deez homiez cuz deyz don ghot deez heetuz on my pheet wit tha fiyah culah-whey N mah outfitz cowst me too stacks homey figg uh deel mee ya hurd man we da get muh-knee click fo show up indees peece ryecheah"

Last edited:
No colorway can save this shoe. None. I tried giving the benefit of the doubt with these photoshop's - but I'm realizing I'm looking at the medial angle of the shoe, which makes it look semi-tolerable.

The shoe is just downright ugly, I don't care about the performance it brings - I never relied on the performance of a shoe to help my game.

The cut, the height, the bleakness, the midsole (especially the midsole :x) everything about this shoe screams "I'M TRYING WAY TOO HARD".

Nuff said.

The shroud is just so gimmicky to me. Is there any doubt that JB will make a ".5" , "+", or some other variant without the shroud??? No. As much i hate Lebron James, even I can admit that his shoes are awesome. Stylish, comfortable, and effective. Those things are tanks. I all for technological advancement, but it is still just a sneaker. In this day and age it's all about looks to the average consumer. We want a good looking and comfortable Air Jordan. I actually like the outline of the XX8, but the shroud kills it for me. The design elements aren't that bad either, but I will not be buying this shoe, and I'm as loyal as they come.

a lot of "what ifs" here 

they don't care

like them, buy them

don't like them, don't buy them

to some, the look is important, and to others, performance is

as my grandma used to say "that's why they make different flavs of ice cream"

we all have diff tastes

just cause you don't like it doesn't mean that others won't

sick of people stating their opinions as FACT in here  

SMH

i honestly think these are fresh! something new but old school at the same time :smokin
The only thing that looks a bit old school is the
Sole silhoutte which reminds me of the 8's.
When zipped up these look like women boots :frown:
and zipped down, the sleeve covers the jumpman and the carbon plate at the heel. Hope they do the
Same like with the 19's releasing a version without
The midfoot gaitor/sleeve.

I don't mind the shroud. The tongue looks high to me as well as how high the shroud goes. Tends to be an issue when you're 5'10" like myself. I've grabbed every Jordan from the line. Played in all of them. I look forward to these...should be interesting.

I can not see MJ wearing these on the court if he was still playing today in the league. As far as performance "yes" but design
mean.gif

Last edited:
I can not see MJ wearing these on the court if he was still playing today in the league. As far as performance "yes" but design
mean.gif
u must not know mj's fashion sense is a bit........off - these days....
every jordan shoe has been a fail since the sevens, except for the 23's.....Yes those shiny 11's sittin DS in ppls closets are a crying shame......this new model is good for carrying that dubious torch

Last edited:
I can not see MJ wearing these on the court if he was still playing today in the league. As far as performance "yes" but design :smh: ...

u must not know mj's fashion sense is a bit........off - these days....

every jordan shoe has been a fail since the sevens, except for the 23's.....Yes those shiny 11's sittin DS in ppls closets are a crying shame......this new model is good for carrying that dubious torch

while you have those wack *** addidas in your avy :lol: these XX8 look better than those

Back
Top Bottom