Air Jordan XX8 aka 2013, new "Proplate Zoom" Technology OFFICIAL THREAD.

These are hot. But i would make the jumpman and the jumpman jordan tag green as well. The herringbone pods need to be black.

I would really like to see how this cushioning and stability technology could be implemented into a retro like the XI's. I wonder if the shroud can be altered to come just above the tongue? Might look into this once they go on sale. 
westbrook did that, so that only a small down flap was showing.

russell-westbrook-jordan-xx.jpg

I'm going to start posting entries in the contest. All the shoes are a size 10, and they are giving them out in a contest,

Posting OG twelves tomorrow

I have called all my Shoe stores within 80 miles of me and no one is getting these on launch day!

1. Too expensive retail
2. Price for retailer might be around 150 to 200.
So if they dont sell at the official retail, they
Might just sit even at covering the buying expenses.
3. Most store owners doubt these will sell because
Of the odd design, high retail price and overall not bad feedback in the sneaker community.

Meh.

Still, the 3s are the best in the series!

aj3-1fa54da011aeded033fcdd30926e4f8a.gif

On a side note, the gifs to all those are so dope!

:smokin

Last edited:
I think it is perfect marketing. Trying their best to tie newer models into the air Jordan signature line progressively to the newest release. Makes sense to me. They want you to be talking about these. Oooh and ahhh over past models in a similar color blocking meanwhile pointing out how each model was ahead of their time and struggled but look at them now approach. Makes sense to me. But agree its gonna take a lot more to get these to retroheads and the general public. Maybe 15 + years will do the trick like the others or maybe not guess we will see.

Last edited:
there is no possible way i'd cop at retail. but i have to admit, these are interesting. i def. want to try them on and see how they look and feel. $150 MAX for these!

Just made an Instagram

IN

Edit: iPad 2 camera is garbage, but OG obsidians posted.

Last edited:
I actually like the XX8.   
pimp.gif
 Will have to see how they look on foot though.  
ohwell.gif

I think it is perfect marketing. Trying their best to tie newer models into the air Jordan signature line progressively to the newest release. Makes sense to me. They want you to be talking about these. Oooh and ahhh over past models in a similar color blocking meanwhile pointing out how each model was ahead of their time and struggled but look at them now approach. Makes sense to me. But agree its gonna take a lot more to get these to retroheads and the general public. Maybe 15 + years will do the trick like the others or maybe not guess we will see.
I agree. Plus it gets us checking every day for the latest black volt Jordan. What annoys me about this campaign is the way JB is laughing at us with this leather. None of that general release plastic crap here. This looks like high end buttery smooth leather you'd get on a Dolce and Gabanna shoe.

I stopped buying retros a long time a go but if they released them with this quality I'd definitely start buying again. Those IVs and XIIs, wow.

I was definitely going to get the black/ volts and now I think I might have to get the ribbed green ones. Can't understand all the hate this shoe is getting, except for the price which is hideous. 

It does look like the air zoom flight 98 but I loved that shoe so I'm getting these

I wonder what color the inside of the ribbed green ones is. The lining appears white, so I'm hoping the boot is too. Green on green seems too much

Back
Top Bottom