Air Jordan XX8 SE Shrouldess Video and Official Pics on Page 1 Shoes Hit Stores 10/11/13

Heres mine, I only had 1 shoe with a popped bag and got voucher

What I was tolday by a rep

1. Call 1800-344-6453

2. Tell them the issue, theyll get your info and send you an email of stuff.

3. Follow the instructions in the email

4. You send it back and an "inspector" determines if you have a legitimate claim. If so you get a nike voucher, if not then they send you the shoes back with a letter explaining why and youre SOL

Last edited:
mean.gif
that blows. there has to be a reason they determined it wasn't a manufacturing flaw. perhaps they thought the shoes were tampered with? you should call them and request a written explanation.

as for jordans being marketing scam...ehhh...the retros maybe..but these xx8 se i'm not so sure. price was reasonable. i really love my xx8 se and they are the best dedicated ball shoes i've played in. if the zoom bag didn't fail in one of my shoes i'd say it was well worth the money spent. getting a voucher for full price was a nice concession though. but i like these so much i went and found another pair of xx8 se for cheap. will continue to play in them and hope they don't pop. if they do nike better not stiff me if i file a claim.
I called Nike and they said there is no information on why they were determined to not be a manufacturing flaw but they have to stand by the judgment of the inspectors.  So, I have no idea what the reason is and they won't give me an explanation.

Me personally have never had any issues with returning a defected shoe from Nike. It's been awhile since I've had too return a Nike shoe for a defected reason though.

I returned my Kobe Zoom 2s almost 2 years later for blowing out the mid-sole. Since they were no longer available they credited me $125 on line purchase. I paid $160

I believe for em when they came out. I could be wrong on the retail price of em but did not get the full retail price since the shoe was no longer available.

My older son popped the front air unit on my Bel-Air XX8 SE, but I didn't return them for the fact that I really like these and they are no longer available. So I'm just

keeping to rock casually. Just for casual purposes I can't tell the difference. 

Heres mine, I only had 1 shoe with a popped bag and got voucher

What I was tolday by a rep

1. Call 1800-344-6453

2. Tell them the issue, theyll get your info and send you an email of stuff.

3. Follow the instructions in the email

4. You send it back and an "inspector" determines if you have a legitimate claim. If so you get a nike voucher, if not then they send you the shoes back with a letter explaining why and youre SOL

that's exactly what happened to mine. and only on the right front zoom bag too. don't know how many people had popped zoom bags on the right front, but makes me wonder if there was a specific issue with the design or air bag for the right side shoe only. either way i played in my replacements last week and hope they hold up at least for a few months. gonna rotate them out with lebron 10s since those are tanks.

I called Nike and they said there is no information on why they were determined to not be a manufacturing flaw but they have to stand by the judgment of the inspectors.  So, I have no idea what the reason is and they won't give me an explanation.

i would contact them online or call them back and refer them to their own website terms and conditions:

"Footwear that DOES NOT pass Nike’s inspection process will either be returned with an explanation, or donated to the Reuse-A-Shoe program (determined by the sender when the claim is set up). For the safety of our employees, original shipping boxes and other packaging materials will be recycled and not reused on returned products."

https://help-us.nikeinc.com/app/claims/footwear-claim/

that's exactly what happened to mine. and only on the right front zoom bag too. don't know how many people had popped zoom bags on the right front, but makes me wonder if there was a specific issue with the design or air bag for the right side shoe only. either way i played in my replacements last week and hope they hold up at least for a few months. gonna rotate them out with lebron 10s since those are tanks.
i would contact them online or call them back and refer them to their own website terms and conditions:

"Footwear that DOES NOT pass Nike’s inspection process will either be returned with an explanation, or donated to the Reuse-A-Shoe program (determined by the sender when the claim is set up). For the safety of our employees, original shipping boxes and other packaging materials will be recycled and not reused on returned products."

https://help-us.nikeinc.com/app/claims/footwear-claim/
Great idea.  Thanks for the info

just bought a pair of SEs. Black/ Volt.

So far, so good. Very comfortable.

really surprised with the traction and response right off the bat.

I like the support around the heel and ankle as well.

A little stiff still but I know it'll break in after a few games

knock on wood* hopefully my airbags don't pop because I already love these shoes. lol

Last edited:
I sent the shoes last Wednesday by post and this morning got an email from Nike saying my refund was on it's way. It will be a gift card as I had purchased them originally using a gift card so they said it has to be the same way for the refund. Not bothered as I'll keep the gift card for future releases or might use it to get some equipment to ball.

The process was very fast, as they said it could take up to 10 working days from the point they receive the shoes. Sorry to hear the issues some were having with the returns.

If you have a local Nike outlet take the shoes to the outlet and tell them that after you called customer service they gave you a case # and told you you can return them there.

It worked for my 2012 SE when it was hurting my toe constantly blistering the top of the toe after 6months with no receipt. The manager accepted them without checking the case number.

Good luck. I want another pair of those since my first two pairs broke (popped air bag and cracked sole).

I have the Joker xx8 and am a firm believer the xx8 is the best basketball shoe...PERIOD! The zoom bag issue continues to come up which is why im considering buying the SE. not a real big fan of the look but im trying to let it grow on me.

just bought a pair of SEs. Black/ Volt.

So far, so good. Very comfortable.

really surprised with the traction and response right off the bat.

I like the support around the heel and ankle as well.

A little stiff still but I know it'll break in after a few games

knock on wood* hopefully my airbags don't pop because I already love these shoes. lol
black/volt  XX8 SE ??

I must have missed that CW

any pixs ?

thanks

Really strange thing happened... I was told that my XX8s were getting sent back to me and it was not a manufacturing flaw that cause the zoom bags to pop, but this morning I got an email saying they are processing the refund for the XX8s to me.  Not sure what happened, but this process took a very long time.  When I talked to Nike on the phone, they said they were sending the shoes back to me and the online status said the shoes were coming back, but 3 weeks later, they are now processing the refund.  Strange, but I'm happy they cleared this up for me.

Really strange thing happened... I was told that my XX8s were getting sent back to me and it was not a manufacturing flaw that cause the zoom bags to pop, but this morning I got an email saying they are processing the refund for the XX8s to me.  Not sure what happened, but this process took a very long time.  When I talked to Nike on the phone, they said they were sending the shoes back to me and the online status said the shoes were coming back, but 3 weeks later, they are now processing the refund.  Strange, but I'm happy they cleared this up for me.

Glad to hear they took care of you. I just hope none of my XX8's pop. I don't play in the SE's that much, just use to workout, since they are not as soft and springy and the shrouded XX8's.

Nice pickup on that Christmas pair! It is my second favorite of the SE's! Bel Air's being the first. 

Back
Top Bottom