Air Jordan XX8 SE Shrouldess Video and Official Pics on Page 1 Shoes Hit Stores 10/11/13

You only wore them casually and they still popped? Whoa! 

can you post a pic? Didn't know it was possible to pop them from casual wear.

I'll post a pic tonight. When it happened, I immediately looked down and the only thing I saw underneath my shoe was a small sharp rock. We're talking pebble-sized. No way that should happen but I guess it was positioned that right way. It's a shame too because that was one of my favorite colorways.

I'll post a pic tonight. When it happened, I immediately looked down and the only thing I saw underneath my shoe was a small sharp rock. We're talking pebble-sized. No way that should happen but I guess it was positioned that right way. It's a shame too because that was one of my favorite colorways.
so an object caused the pop, not from playing in them .....

so an object caused the pop, not from playing in them .....

Told you guys over a year ago that casual wear can also lead to zoom air bag damage. My black/electric greens have sole damage on both sides in the forefoot. While they didn't pop the outsole was ripped open and air leaked little by little.
Now both shoes have zero air in the forefoot and i glued the damaged part.

Quality is really a serious issue with the xx8.
Otherwise they are really great.

Quality is really a serious issue with the xx8.
Otherwise they are really great.
True that! I've had 2 pairs pop (both black/red) while playing, no casual wear.. Pain in the ***.

My Xmas one's I've been playing in rotation since release and are still going though.. love them, best hoop shoe ever apart from the quality problems.

Really want a pair of 29's but still so expensive atm. 

My 2013 hyperdunks feel like crap lately so I wanna try these. Can't find a 9.5 in any color tho

My grey camos finally popped.  I hadn't worn them in a while and when I broke them out, it felt like walking on flat tires compared to my xmas pair.  I really love the xmas colorway, but I don't know if I could still wear them even casually if they pop.  It would just remind be of the failed design everytime I wear them.

Question: Will they give you the voucher if you take them to a Nike Factory Store?

Ordered the Atomic Mango Balck and blue XX8 SE last night from Footlocker ($79.99) but upon reading this thread, my head's spinning.

Could the popping issue be from old (2013) batches? Would 2014 manufactured xx8s have the same issue?

Or could it be a particular colorways the issue??

Ordered the Atomic Mango Balck and blue XX8 SE last night from Footlocker ($79.99) but upon reading this thread, my head's spinning.

Could the popping issue be from old (2013) batches? Would 2014 manufactured xx8s have the same issue?

Just visited FTL.com, theyre all $99.99....

Last edited:

The newest Jordan XX9 model has the same issue since it has the same sole. Nike has a 2yr warranty on their high end models if worst comes to worst contact nike even though you purchased from footlocker, and you'll get a gift card for the MSRP of the model not at the price you purchased for.

The newest Jordan XX9 model has the same issue since it has the same sole. Nike has a 2yr warranty on their high end models if worst comes to worst contact nike even though you purchased from footlocker, and you'll get a gift card for the MSRP of the model not at the price you purchased for.

from what i've seen the xx9 sole is different from the xx8 model. with the xx9 the airbag in the forefoot is more recessed and doesn't poke out as much as the xx8 does. hopefully this means the xx9 will be less likely to have the popping issue since not as much force will be directly on the airbag like it is on the xx8. it also means the xx9 probably won't be as bouncy as the xx8 is.

i have a pair of xx8 se with a popped airbag in the forefoot of one shoe. just filed a claim on it with nike. the xx8 is actually a great shoe to ball in and very comfortable. played in them twice after the airbag popped and it's noticeably different, plus it made the ball of my foot very sore so i stopped playing in them. too bad there's a common problem with the airbags popping. either the design or materials can't stand the force, probably why they changed it up on the xx9.

Last edited:
I was told I would get a full refund if I send mine back to them and they determine it is flawed by the nike chat person.  Has anyone ever not gotten a refund after sending them back?

I was told I would get a full refund if I send mine back to them and they determine it is flawed by the nike chat person.  Has anyone ever not gotten a refund after sending them back?
I sent the XX8 SE and the Superfly 2 to nike claims and I just got vouchers for the retail price for both of them.  I didn't get a refund.

I purchased the XX8 SE from eBay and the Superfly 2 from Finishline. 
Hmm that might be the difference.  Maybe if you buy them directly from Nike, they can refund you.  Not sure though.  Thanks for the info.

I still have 2 pairs of the XX8 and the Christmas XX8 SE.  I really hope the Xmas SEs don't pop.  They are my favorites out of the XX8 line.

Hmm that might be the difference.  Maybe if you buy them directly from Nike, they can refund you.  Not sure though.  Thanks for the info.

I still have 2 pairs of the XX8 and the Christmas XX8 SE.  I really hope the Xmas SEs don't pop.  They are my favorites out of the XX8 line.
I purchased my XX8 SE's directly from Nike and returned them when the bags popped and did not get a refund. They gave me a voucher/gift card.

If you bought them from Nike.com and still have the receipt, you can return them to a factory store or a Niketown to get your money back. If you send the shoes back to Nike under a defect claim using the warranty system you will get a voucher for the original price of the shoe. The voucher will not include the price of shipping or tax you paid for the shoes originally. Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom