Air Jordan XX8 SE Shrouldess Video and Official Pics on Page 1 Shoes Hit Stores 10/11/13

ah... so you wanna take that chance with your hard-earned money? apparently everyone's rich and has all the free time in the world... correct me if i'm wrong, but most jordan-buyers are working class just like me. people don't have the time or want to argue with stores to return shoes every month.

Why yes, I do. I'm not going to let some negative reviews or anything scare me. If that's the case, I wouldn't be buying ANYTHING since everyone gets a faulty product from time to time.

I purchased my 28s on launch day and my SEs a couple of months ago and haven't had a problem with either pair. So yes, I recommend them with high praise.

You don't have to argue or return to stores every month, where did you get that from? If anything goes wrong you send them to Nike and they issue you a voucher. Easy problem solved. If that happens I wouldn't blame anyone for not giving them another chance and trying another shoe.

:lol: @ your theory though. Seriously.

We get it... You had a bad experience, but as I've stated I have quite a fee pairs of xx8 se with no problems at all that are being worn as they were intended to be and they are still doing great. Posting your experience is great but seriously man post after post after post after post is a little bit much and just cluttering the thread, either people will take your advice or they will taje their chances but there's no need to lash out at those who disagree with you in regards to shoe. As I've already stated it's a real bummer that was your experience. Merry Xmas man .

Last edited:
Footaction in Greensboro NC thought these released on the 26th! Haha. I had to inform them otherwise about 20 minutes ago!

Was going to cancel my Eastbay order and pick them up today but Eastbay has already picked my order and boxed them up making the order unavailable to be canceled. Oh well.

Why yes, I do. I'm not going to let some negative reviews or anything scare me. If that's the case, I wouldn't be buying ANYTHING since everyone gets a faulty product from time to time.

I purchased my 28s on launch day and my SEs a couple of months ago and haven't had a problem with either pair. So yes, I recommend them with high praise.

You don't have to argue or return to stores every month, where did you get that from? If anything goes wrong you send them to Nike and they issue you a voucher. Easy problem solved. If that happens I wouldn't blame anyone for not giving them another chance and trying another shoe.

:lol: @ your theory though. Seriously.

not theory, brotha. what nike made me go through for the first pair...

@tatmantall: no offense man, but where should i post this recent info? the adi-rose thread? after feeling frustrated for quite some time, i finally found others who experienced what i have. i'm not trying to lash out on anyone; just trying to put the info out there... so others don't share my misfortune.

merry xmas and happy 2014 to you too!

Footaction in Greensboro NC thought these released on the 26th! Haha. I had to inform them otherwise about 20 minutes ago!

Was going to cancel my Eastbay order and pick them up today but Eastbay has already picked my order and boxed them up making the order unavailable to be canceled. Oh well.
Thanks for the info, may swing by before work to get the m10

I struck out online. I was working several different sites but could not get them. Luckily, I found the one store who had them locally. They said they only got 11 pairs total. I must have been one of the first to buy them cause the employee at the counter did not know they had them or if they could sell them yet. They look good in person. I like the orange laces as they give the shoe a little pop. Can't wait to ball in them.

I'm just saying if you want to post info great but posting it over and over and over and bickering with people that like the shoe and haven't had problems is a bit tiring man. That's all. Post it, be informative, and then let it go. If there's those of us who have not had the problems or who are willing to take the risk and be refunded to experience the shoe what's the point in arguing with them. You made your peace by stating your experience and most would take it to heart more if you didn't just get on the offensive when others disagree, like crazyebw saying he would take the chance. It's just pointless and trite . I'm not saying this to be argumentative it's just you got your point across in the other thread and in this one but you just keep on and keep on and it's old, man. You stated your experience, you don't like the shoe so why hang around in this thread any longer? I'm one of the nike talkers that prefers to keep the experience a positive one, and yes letting us know what happened with you is great and informative but its gone beyond that.

Last edited:
for the sake of ending this argument.

There have been quite a few guys who have also purchased the same shoes and had issues with them but they also bought more pairs hoping for something different. There are some who have not had issues at all. There are some who have bought 1 pair and called it quits because thats not what they are expecting for their money.

You can not please everyone and everyone has different experiences. Its one thing to voice your opinion and give insight on your experience, but to try to deter someone else from buying something with their own money is not right. You provided great info and the thread appreciates that BUT to harp on others for wanting to experience it for themselves is not needed.

For the record, when i get the chance Im going to take the same risk and buy me a pair. From what im hearing along with the complaints is that Nike/JB is honoring the fact the shoe should not do this and they are accepting a return.

This thread has been nothing but good considering a JB thread, lets not ruin it

NOW lets move on please :smile:

Last edited:
not theory, brotha. what nike made me go through for the first pair...

@tatmantall: no offense man, but where should i post this recent info? the adi-rose thread? after feeling frustrated for quite some time, i finally found others who experienced what i have. i'm not trying to lash out on anyone; just trying to put the info out there... so others don't share my misfortune.

merry xmas and happy 2014 to you too!

What did Nike make you do exactly? Did you contact them directly and tell them your $250 shoes cracked on the outsole? Because if that's the process you did you should of been issued a voucher on the spot upon arrival to them NO QUESTIONS ASKED.

There should be no question the nike/jb is aware of the issue but obviously they must feel that it's a fluke and are willing to deal with replacing or vouchers for the pairs it has happened to and furthermore must feel that the benefit if the technology is worth continuing it's implementation in new models otherwise it would not be on the melo10 as well.

What did Nike make you do exactly? Did you contact them directly and tell them your $250 shoes cracked on the outsole? Because if that's the process you did you should of been issued a voucher on the spot upon arrival to them NO QUESTIONS ASKED.

i did contact them directly with proof of purchase and pictures... how did they respond? they wanted no part of it... and acted like it wasn't their responsibility. i have the transcripts even. and definitely NOT a no-questions asked policy. i had to go back to the footlocker where i purchased them and argue for my money back versus take an in-store credit. sorry guys, but i didn't really want your laney 5's. and of course the xx8s in my size were unavailable. though the price dropped $100. but i digress...

so, to end my tirade, I'll say this... if you haven't experienced a popped bag/ripped outsole, then good... i wish you the best. if you have, then i feel your pain... if you are on the fence; then keep this in mind and know that the melo 10 has the same design. i anticipate the same on those threads, too.

happy 2014!

more reviews of the TRUTH!!!

and to top it off...  here are more pics of the outsoles of my original xx8s...  why?  because they have the icy sole and you can see through them.  first, there is the left shoe which outright RIPPED (the night it happened!).  second and third are of the right shoe where you can see at the top and bottom of the forefoot zoomair unit, that are about to rip/pop/burst.  for anyone with an outsole color other than clear/icy, BEWARE!  this is what is lurking under those multi-color/white soles....

yeah i am bitter over this, but i feel it is totally warranted...  for going through the joy of having some of the best pairs of ballin' shoes to this...  totally unacceptable for the good money i paid.  'nuff said.
wow. ive only been playing in my oak hills. ive yet to try on my red and gray elephant prints.

i did contact them directly with proof of purchase and pictures... how did they respond? they wanted no part of it... and acted like it wasn't their responsibility. i have the transcripts even. and definitely NOT a no-questions asked policy. i had to go back to the footlocker where i purchased them and argue for my money back versus take an in-store credit. sorry guys, but i didn't really want your laney 5's. and of course the xx8s in my size were unavailable. though the price dropped $100. but i digress...

so, to end my tirade, I'll say this... if you haven't experienced a popped bag/ripped outsole, then good... i wish you the best. if you have, then i feel your pain... if you are on the fence; then keep this in mind and know that the melo 10 has the same design. i anticipate the same on those threads, too.

happy 2014!

How much do you weigh? Srs

You must of went through the wrong process for the voucher bro.

starting to think footlocker hoh serramonte disconnected their phone for the holiday season. i ain't gonna drive to them unless they had them for sure.
i slept because i blew $375 on the sillie P2, so I was wishy washy on these christmas ones. OOS on the usual retail stores.
Now i wish I just ordered it online, then brought it to the store just to redeem my birthday and vip rewards assuming they allowed.

Seems like this release was really limited.  The FL near me only had one size 8 and only one of most sizes except for a few.  I think they said they might be getting more later today.

Can't wait for the blk/silver joints to surface. If there are only 5 more cw's of these xx8 se(4 of which we've seen already) I'm seriously considering tripling up on the xmas. Such a shame if the blk/gold don't release

Last edited:
Can't wait for my Christmas se's to get here. Wish jordan would have done a Christmas colorway for the shrouded version. Any new XX8 for that matter. Great bball shoe.

Back
Top Bottom