Air Jordan XXXVII (37) first look…

Function over fashion. Need to find out official tech specs. If the foam in the heel is indeed a real thing, a few more 36 mids and on the the 38’s, or even back to the Bron line to what the 20’s are looking like.
Do you have to choose one over the other though? KD and Kyrie's shoes are functional and look good.

B8DA98EE-FDE0-4B4E-A098-5EC35209E54F.jpeg

from IG

If the Leno weave is as strong as they advertise, why are they using these containment rands above the midsoles..find a way to contain from underneath, because it throws off the upper to midsole flow.

Last edited:
If you saw that in JC Penney or Kohls, we'd all keep on walking. I can't believe that's them, wow. I just don't see these catching on with anybody on court or off. I can't imagine how a colorway is going to save how that looks. I guess there's always a goof with JB every few models but it's just really shocking how bad these appear.

Based on their looks, the only thing I can surmise is that these must be performance beasts. Lol. I don’t like the chunky midsole, so hopefully these feel great on feet.

The glory days are over y’all. The I-XIV years. It’s never coming back. When Jordan’s were made for the court but also had casual appeal and turned out to be timeless classics.

I think the goal of new AJ sigs is for hoopers- to be excellent performers, first and foremost. Secondly - from a looks standpoint- it’s about looking better, and feeling more premium - in comparison to other hoop shoes (team Jordan joints - why nots, Zion’s, Luka, and other sig shoes Curry’s, puma/newbies, KDs, Kyries, PGs, etc). I think if the new AJ sig is a performance beast and looks better/more premium than the other hoop shoes they compete with on court, JB is happy.

They’re never gonna surpass what’s been established for off court classics like 1-14s. Yeah they could be worn off court but for the most part, people gonna hoop in 37s, and grab some 1s or 4s or whatever for casual

The glory days are over y’all. The I-XIV years. It’s never coming back. When Jordan’s were made for the court but also had casual appeal and turned out to be timeless classics.

I think the goal of new AJ sigs is for hoopers- to be excellent performers, first and foremost. Secondly - from a looks standpoint- it’s about looking better, and feeling more premium - in comparison to other hoop shoes (team Jordan joints - why nots, Zion’s, Luka, and other sig shoes Curry’s, puma/newbies, KDs, Kyries, PGs, etc). I think if the new AJ sig is a performance beast and looks better/more premium than the other hoop shoes they compete with on court, JB is happy.

They’re never gonna surpass what’s been established for off court classics like 1-14s. Yeah they could be worn off court but for the most part, people gonna hoop in 37s, and grab some 1s or 4s or whatever for casual

Yup. JB had to switch it up. The Jordan line from 1-14 - when those dropped, there was no such thing as retros. You bought the latest model and you were good. “Yo, are those the new Jordans?” was one of the most repeated phrases in September when you pulled up at school. Back in the day, not many people kept their shoes deadstock. You bought Jordans, and you probably rocked them or hooped in them the very next day. And if you showed up to the new school year wearing last year’s model, it was kind of a fashion faux pas.

Nowadays, there is so much variety to choose from. Not only are the latest signature shoes trying to compete with the retros from JB, but they are also competing against every single retro pumped out by Nike, Reebok, NB, etc. Different landscape, so it’s tough for the newest signature line to be worn when you have several pairs of retros waiting in the closet. Also, you don’t have the man himself dropping 35 anymore. That makes a difference. There’s a reason why you only mention 1-14 here. The line will never have the allure it once had because MJ ain’t playing anymore, and because there are so many options available now.

I can’t really speak on why kids go so crazy over retros for a player they haven’t watched outside of YouTube clips. That would be like me in the late 80s saying “Man, I really need to cop those Puma Clydes”. That’s weird to me. But as someone in their mid 40s, I can say that while it’s nice to be able to get classic retros that evoke feelings of nostalgia from pairs that I missed out on, it still feels great when I bust out a pair of the latest signature model and non-sneakerheads comment on my joints and I say “They’re the newest Jordans”. It’s nice being able to get the newest tech for less than what they charge for retros. The cherry on the sundae is not having to fight little teens for them on their release.

Y'all are making it deeper than what it is. Kids "go so crazy over retros for a player they haven’t watched outside of YouTube clips" because aesthetically speaking, those retros are the best shoes than everything released before and after them. Even in performance shoes, you still want them to look good. I think we've seen enough shoes to know you don't have to sacrifice looks for performance especially today. These 37s are ugly, whether they perform well or not is irrelevant. Hell JB just released the 36s and they look 100x times better than this. I'm not gonna let y'all ride with the whole performance excuse. I would legit rock those hideous spaceship Kobe's over these.

Yep, I like these.

These have Peter Fogg written all over them; in this current era of unvaried design, they couldn't have come at a better time. Hats off.

On that note, the 'Hare' pair is a disaster.

Y'all are making it deeper than what it is. Kids "go so crazy over retros for a player they haven’t watched outside of YouTube clips" because aesthetically speaking, those retros are the best shoes than everything released before and after them. Even in performance shoes, you still want them to look good. I think we've seen enough shoes to know you don't have to sacrifice looks for performance especially today. These 37s are ugly, whether they perform well or not is irrelevant. Hell JB just released the 36s and they look 100x times better than this. I'm not gonna let y'all ride with the whole performance excuse. I would legit rock those hideous spaceship Kobe's over these.

Name me some non-retros after the 14s dropped that people immediately loved for casual wear. Kobe 4s, 6s and 8s are the only ones I can think of.

If you saw that in JC Penney or Kohls, we'd all keep on walking. I can't believe that's them, wow. I just don't see these catching on with anybody on court or off. I can't imagine how a colorway is going to save how that looks. I guess there's always a goof with JB every few models but it's just really shocking how bad these appear.
I remember when jc penny carried Jordan’s

I bought some more uptempos from jc penny lol

Name me some non-retros after the 14s dropped that people immediately loved for casual wear. Kobe 4s, 6s and 8s are the only ones I can think of.
I said nothing about casual wear brother, I'm speaking strictly on looks. Most non-14 retros look terrible for casual wear but casual wear isn't what we're discussing. You don't have to compromise looks for performance.

I said nothing about casual wear brother, I'm speaking strictly on looks. Most non-14 retros look terrible for casual wear but casual wear isn't what we're discussing. You don't have to compromise looks for performance.

Part of the reason why 1-14 are deemed to look great is because of the allure behind them, the historic significance. Eg - I think the Jordan 2, 9, 10 and 12 are trash in terms of looks (I still mess with the 12 because I love the Zoom Air in them, and they are indestructible), and I would 100% wear the 16s, 21s, 31s, 34s and 36s ahead of them. But those don’t carry the same mystique since Mike didn’t play in any of those. Can’t replicate it anymore.

Back
Top Bottom