Air Jordan XXXVII (37) first look…

I think I’m more disappointed we didn’t get more OG retro for the 7s 30th anniversaries.

Was expecting at least olympics or playoffs
I think I’m more disappointed we didn’t get more OG retro for the 7s 30th anniversaries.

Was expecting at least olympics or playoffs
I mean y'all wanted Gentry gone and this is the result. There are no more real sneakerheads at JB. Gentry always took care of us on anniversaries.

Y’all are talking about two different things

In addition to those shoes having came out 20 years ago when Jordan had relatively just stopped playing

Deeper into the 2000’s and beyond people looked/look at anything that isn’t a retro 1-14 as some BS :lol: especially once that Spizike/Son of Mars/Dub Zero/Six Rings + baggy jeans and **** era ended.

That being said I wonder what they have to do to lose that stigma because the Luka’s, these and the 36’s are hard.

That's what I'm saying though. I don't understand that stigma. Even with the weird mashups and goofy crap with AJ1 Soles and strange uppers (which I kinda get), there have always been solid "Team" models. Some of the Melos and CP3s in that time frame you mentioned were great. I definitely don't remember anybody getting crapped on for wearing 1.5's or 5.5's around my way.

That's what I'm saying though. I don't understand that stigma. Even with the weird mashups and goofy crap with AJ1 Soles and strange uppers (which I kinda get), there have always been solid "Team" models. Some of the Melos and CP3s in that time frame you mentioned were great. I definitely don't remember anybody getting crapped on for wearing 1.5's or 5.5's around my way.
311813_102.png.png

Yeah these got burn where I was at. I’d say this really kicked in after maybe the XX3’s. I remember people had the 21’s too.

The Jordan 2009 was still one of the more underappreciated designs. I believe the brother last name was Masden that designed the shoe. Is he still with the JB? I would love for him to get another shot.

These are not connecting with me, right now. I hope that changes.

Thinking out loud:
The reveal of the new Air Jordan is one of the most anticipated moments every year for me.
I've been wearing Air Jordan's since kindergarten in 1989.

I've owned every Air Jordan model except:
XV [gimmick]
XIX [gimmick, but did consider SE]
XX1 [didn't have funds at time; not that dope]
XX2 [liked the sample version better; passed even at deep discount]
2009 [wack reimagination of AJ XIV]
2010 [gimmick]

The Jordan 2009 was still one of the more underappreciated designs. I believe the brother last name was Masden that designed the shoe. Is he still with the JB? I would love for him to get another shot.
they looked nice to be honest. sadly, I didn't return to balling just yet during that time period. I believe they also have a team version like the Flight Time 14.5 .

These are not connecting with me, right now. I hope that changes.

Thinking out loud:
The reveal of the new Air Jordan is one of the most anticipated moments every year for me.
I've been wearing Air Jordan's since kindergarten in 1989.

I've owned every Air Jordan model except:
XV [gimmick]
XIX [gimmick, but did consider SE]
XX1 [didn't have funds at time; not that dope]
XX2 [liked the sample version better; passed even at deep discount]
2009 [wack reimagination of AJ XIV]
2010 [gimmick]
What was the gimmick of the 15? I have the og and thought the idea of the woven Kevlar upper was pretty awesome! Do you mean to say the tongue sticking out was the gimmick because I disagree. Also, couldn’t you say EVERY sneaker in the Jordan line has a “gimmick”?

I thought that Hare pair musta been some samples, looked different than the Tatum pictures.. These are much much better than those! Gotta give em awhile to soak in just like every new model.. But the first impression is solid for sure 🔥

A black colorway will def look better but I need to know the reasoning behind the midsole and heel being bulked up.

Back
Top Bottom