Air Max Scorpion (2022)

What store? I went looking for them today specifically to see how they felt, but no stores in the mall had em. How do they fit compared to vapormax plus?
I went to a boutique called 1985 Gallery and they had them in store. I feel like these fit closer to the original Vapormax. From what I recall, the VaporMax Plus fits TTS with a looser/relaxed fit, but this was years ago.

19B5A891-2C76-46BC-AAE1-ADA497E84EB8.jpeg

Got mine, they feel like pumped up vapormaxes. Upper is soft and comfortable. Cushioning is not as soft as they look, but still bouncy.

My wife and kids laughed at them and said I look 7 feet tall 😂 I guess that’s the desired effect tho.

Last edited:
19B5A891-2C76-46BC-AAE1-ADA497E84EB8.jpeg
View attachment 3033457

Got mine, they feel like pumped up vapormaxes, upper if soft and comfortable, cushioning is not as soft as they look but still bouncy. My wife and kids laughed at them and said I look 7 feet tall 😂 I guess that’s the desired effect tho. Overall I like them, def the craziest looking shoes I own
copped in person today and I agree with all of the above

No movement or shipment on anything. They quick as hell to put your money on hold when you win them raffles. Slow as turtle karate when it’s time to ship

Meanwhile sizes starting to dry up

56104F93-5F22-4860-9DB6-1391C34FF087.png

No movement or shipment on anything. They quick as hell to put your money on hold when you win them raffles. Slow as turtle karate when it’s time to ship

Meanwhile sizes starting to dry up

56104F93-5F22-4860-9DB6-1391C34FF087.png

Imo, There was only a very small amount of pairs due to the pricepoint and the VM recent lackluster sells. Id be shocked if there were over 10k produced in total

I feel you. 10K seems kind of low. That would mean I own about 17% of the pairs produced at this point :rofl:

I have zero idea on production numbers of any kind about anything but i dont see nike producing these in large numbers

Looks like ndc got another pump fake on the sale out.

Seems like people are consistently noting how uncomfortable these are. disappointing.

Looks like ndc got another pump fake on the sale out.

Seems like people are consistently noting how uncomfortable these are. disappointing.
I haven’t tried them on or anything so I can’t say from experience, but I definitely feel like these were set up to be a letdown from a comfort perspective.

With the size of the bubble & seeing people squish them, you expect to have some comfort like the old air max pairs & if it’s not there it’ll be a disappointment.

Knowing there’s some bounce means the air is doing SOMETHING I guess, but I’m trying not to think too hard about the comfort complaints until I eventually try them on(hopefully at a store or buying for a nice discount)

I bet they get crazy comfy after a nice break in…
Like homie said about the 720’s, It would be nice and one could hope but it never happened. Outside of a foamposite I can’t remember the last shoe that took me more then a few wears for it to break in.

c money 88 05 c money 88 05 I was thinking about the old Air max earlier. From what I remember my Air Max 360’s were crazy comfy. Can’t really recall any other airmax that were great comfort. If these broke in to a vapor max plus level of comfort I’d be content with that.

Reactions: ejb

After a day of wear people talking about they're "uncomfortable" are doing way too much

When you put them on they feel perfectly fine. They kind of feel like moon boots, or springy shoes. I think THATS whats throwing people off. They expect them to feel like walking on two clouds because that's what it looks like. But they feel like a sufficiently comfortable shoe that adds a lot of bounce to your step. I only expect them to get even more cozy as the continue to break in

Overrall "uncomfortable" is a CRAZY word to use to describe how these feel

After a day of wear people talking about they're "uncomfortable" are doing way too much

When you put them on they feel perfectly fine. They kind of feel like moon boots, or springy shoes. I think THATS whats throwing people off. They expect them to feel like walking on two clouds because that's what it looks like. But they feel like a sufficiently comfortable shoe that adds a lot of bounce to your step. I only expect them to get even more cozy as the continue to break in

Overrall "uncomfortable" is a CRAZY word to use to describe how these feel

Yeah from those video reviews, I was expecting like a very firm type of discomfort as if it was just a pure Phylon foam with Air units that won't even budge, but it felt fine to me. I didn't have issues with the 720s for the initial comfort early on, which these remind me of, and the good thing is that it doesn't have a slope/wedge type of set-up to it. Only thing I worry about is whether they break in and actually soften if worn multiple times and for at least a good few or several hours. That was the issue with me for the 720s - they never broke in and 3-4 hours of wearing them caused fatigue.

Last edited:
Word. Thanks for the feedback fellas. Would y’all say they’re as firm as some of the later vapor maxes that have came out that felt like you were walking on plastic?

Good to know they don’t have that slope feeling of the 720s

wore mine for 12 hours yesterday and they were better by the end of the day. There's definitely a break in period but I love em. I'll probably scoop the black pair too.

Back
Top Bottom