Air Max Uptempo 2 (new pics on Marqueesole) via Sneakernews...

Everyone is saying they fixed the airbubble from the 06 retro but the only difference I see is the color. I thought the 06 retro had the correct color from the original which is yellow to coincide with Webber's Michigan and Golden State team colors. Plus the OG pics that got posted def look yellow not green. They still one of the hottest Nikes ever. Copped in 06...copping these too.

Everyone is saying they fixed the airbubble from the 06 retro but the only difference I see is the color. I thought the 06 retro had the correct color from the original which is yellow to coincide with Webber's Michigan and Golden State team colors. Plus the OG pics that got posted def look yellow not green. They still one of the hottest Nikes ever. Copped in 06...copping these too.

Originally Posted by Xklusivz

I had the OG's when I was a shorty and the bubble and the bottom was green like these retros. The insole on them was Green too.  The 06 yellow was horrible. I didn't scoop them when I saw the yellow on them. Glad Nike fixed it finally...

Originally Posted by Xklusivz

I had the OG's when I was a shorty and the bubble and the bottom was green like these retros. The insole on them was Green too.  The 06 yellow was horrible. I didn't scoop them when I saw the yellow on them. Glad Nike fixed it finally...

They were more GREEN than yellow. but they definitely weren't maize yellow
laugh.gif

Another OG pic:
from CWK

I mean, sure they can yellow to turn a yellow color. The heads at Nike retro probably had OG pair that had yellowed so they assumed, with no sneaker knowledge intact, that the OGs were that color from the beginning.

One could argue that they aren't the green shade that we are getting now.. But I would rather have a green that turns yellow than a yellow that turns even more yellow.

They were more GREEN than yellow. but they definitely weren't maize yellow
laugh.gif

Another OG pic:
from CWK

I mean, sure they can yellow to turn a yellow color. The heads at Nike retro probably had OG pair that had yellowed so they assumed, with no sneaker knowledge intact, that the OGs were that color from the beginning.

One could argue that they aren't the green shade that we are getting now.. But I would rather have a green that turns yellow than a yellow that turns even more yellow.

Nah, from my understanding, marketing has a tendency when doing retros to try to change a few details in a way to try to "improve" the shoe. I really think they thought they were doing us a favor by making the 2006 ones maize and navy instead of what you see above. Glad they're coming back to their senses a little.

Nah, from my understanding, marketing has a tendency when doing retros to try to change a few details in a way to try to "improve" the shoe. I really think they thought they were doing us a favor by making the 2006 ones maize and navy instead of what you see above. Glad they're coming back to their senses a little.

I wore my 2006 retros today..man they are really comfortable..all the students that I teach told me..yoo those are from 2006? word..those are dope..
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

These shoes match with anything..plan on wearin 'em more this summer..such a dope shoe..glad I copped 5 years ago..

I wore my 2006 retros today..man they are really comfortable..all the students that I teach told me..yoo those are from 2006? word..those are dope..
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

These shoes match with anything..plan on wearin 'em more this summer..such a dope shoe..glad I copped 5 years ago..

Well, im glad they fixed the air bubble color, but thats about all I see. The netting is still wrong, so is the swoosh and I bet the innersleeve is still thin too, nevermind the insole color. The '06 retros were a big dissapointment imo, not even 1/3 as comfy as the og's are. Fortunately tho the originals are phylon midsoles, so they are as good today as they were back in 94, tho the air bubbles do degrade but are easily fixed with some glue. They were in fact always that neon yellow color btw. Nike has taken one step in the right direction, but these need like another ten steps before they are faithful reproductions of thier namesakes.

I can post up some side-by-side compaison pics of the 94 and 06 tho, if yall would like to see that. For now tho, heres some old wdywtd pics:

These remain my 2nd favorite shoe of all time tho.

Well, im glad they fixed the air bubble color, but thats about all I see. The netting is still wrong, so is the swoosh and I bet the innersleeve is still thin too, nevermind the insole color. The '06 retros were a big dissapointment imo, not even 1/3 as comfy as the og's are. Fortunately tho the originals are phylon midsoles, so they are as good today as they were back in 94, tho the air bubbles do degrade but are easily fixed with some glue. They were in fact always that neon yellow color btw. Nike has taken one step in the right direction, but these need like another ten steps before they are faithful reproductions of thier namesakes.

I can post up some side-by-side compaison pics of the 94 and 06 tho, if yall would like to see that. For now tho, heres some old wdywtd pics:

These remain my 2nd favorite shoe of all time tho.

nice they drop in december tho so ill definitely have to wait to grab em considering the heat thats drop this winter

nice they drop in december tho so ill definitely have to wait to grab em considering the heat thats drop this winter

Back
Top Bottom