Air Penny 2 RD & Pics: 9/27/08 White/Royal/Black, 11/08, & 01/09

Or maybe because the only ones buying them are in their late 20s- 30 range

Kids don't care about Penny lol
Exactly. Kids never saw Penny or JORDAN play but Jordan Brand speaks for itself. But kids should be able to see the beautiful aesthetics and tech on the Penny 2 to want it. Hell you can still ball hard in Penny 2 with the 180 heel + zoom forefoot.

Im in my 30s and when I used to watch Penny play on TV every Sunday on NBC lol. But I didnt have the money to pay attention to sneakers back then so my question is did Penny 2 sell well back then?

Exactly. Kids never saw Penny or JORDAN play but Jordan Brand speaks for itself. But kids should be able to see the beautiful aesthetics and tech on the Penny 2 to want it. Hell you can still ball hard in Penny 2 with the 180 heel + zoom forefoot.

Im in my 30s and when I used to watch Penny play on TV every Sunday on NBC lol. But I didnt have the money to pay attention to sneakers back then so my question is did Penny 2 sell well back then?
No. I copped Black/Atlantic Penny II's at the outlets back in 1998 for $39.99. I wore them to my high school graduation. The nearest outlet to me was about a 2 hour drive and I went back and forth 3 or 4 times over the span of a few months until I was finally able to afford a pair. They had at least 4 pairs of my size (8.5 at the time) in stock every time I went...and...back then 'flaws' and 'irregularities' were really apparent...so I KNEW they were the same 4 pairs every time I went.

Last edited:
penny 2s came out the the height of pennys popularity, i was in 2nd grade and all the kids was penny crazy back then lol. the atlantics and black blues was the thang even at $150 but them was the days when you'd get 3-4 jordans a year.  retro jordans dropping every week now shoes like these dont stand a chance

The penny 2s were pretty popular in my middle school. It was by far the most popular penny shoe I seen. Nobody wore the foam ones, a couple of ppl wore the penny 3 for the hs ball team, but penny 2 were worn by both boys and girls.

TBH, not many ppl in my area wore Jordans till maybe the 12s and 13s.

Are Penny's just not popular if it's not a Foamposite?

You would think these would fly off shelves.

Its a different time lol.

Cats want casual
Yeezy...jordan 1....nmd.....etc.

It doesn't surprise me at all these are sitting or at outlets.

If they retroed the all white penny 1s those would probably sit too

Lucked out and found an unworn returned pair of the Atlantics at an outlet for $64 after tax and discounts.

Stoked. These are Grails for me. This is the 2nd pair of Nike's I've ever owned. Used to beat the hell out of these in middle school.

Back
Top Bottom