Air Penny 2 RD & Pics: 9/27/08 White/Royal/Black, 11/08, & 01/09

I don't even know why Nike would even release these without the 3M or the translucent sole.. Why do they retro these classic kicks and make such obvious changes?

Especially on a shoe that will clearly cater towards those of us old enough to remember Penny playing.

Wow no 3m and solid sole instead. Is the carbon fiber painted to look like cf or it's a cf sticker lmao.

I don't even know why Nike would even release these without the 3M or the translucent sole.. Why do they retro these classic kicks and make such obvious changes?
That's the same thing they did to the Penny 1's. I have a og pair from 1995 and the piping has 3M on it, even the retro's that came out in 2000 had 3M but after that, next few retro's had none of that. 

My OG Penny 1's, still wearable...

I was walking through the mall today in south FL and there behind the counter at one of the urban account storee were the faux-lantics. I was pretty surprised to see them, especially considering the fact that I haven't heard an actual release date yet. In any case, they were $150 (up $10 from the last Atlantics), the blue is much darker and not suede, the penny logo on the side looks cheap and weird compared to the og swoosh and the biggest letdown is the soles. They are indeed solid blue, NOT transluscent.

I still think this particular colorway (close enough to the Atlantics to call it such), as it has in the past,will sell out at this relatively low retail price (could have easily been $185-200). I'm going to cop after XMas

i was all in on copping the Atlantics to complete my Penny 2 collection but I'll pass. No Swoosh, 3M, and the soles are off. :smh:

Back to eBay it is to find an 09 pair.

Saw in Twitter that Undefeated dropped the fauxlantics today and only had size 8 left online at $150. Wow. Didn't see that coming.

Rock City Kicks got them too

http://rockcitykicks.com/collection...y-ii-college-blue-black-metallic-silver-white

Last edited:
The 3M is one of the best elements of the Penny II.....such a disservice to not use it this time.

.............I'll still be copping though, hopefully on discount

These seem to be selling out places that have released them but you have to figure at some point more spots will get them obviously. Just a matter of how slow the rollout is

If I can't find these at a deep discount, I don't want em.

They alter these shoes on purpose, so they can "fix" them a year or two later and double down on profits.

Back
Top Bottom