Air Penny 2 RD & Pics: 9/27/08 White/Royal/Black, 11/08, & 01/09

Was about to pay 200 for a sole reglue on my 2016 pair.

Might as well just wait for the retro.

I still Got a DS 08 pair but I’m not even gonna attempt to wear em. These look great imo. I can’t wait.

1691418989334.png

Not having the translucent outsole is KILLING me 🤦🏾‍♂️…. These will be a game time decision because these are my favorite Pennys of all time

I thought the outsole on these is blue .. I just googled a pic of an OG pair . There’s a pair on ebay OG box and everything and the outsole is blue . Not trying to call you out or anything . I don’t know the answer either way lol

Still don't understand why we can't get an OG-sized air unit. And not just on these shoes. Especially looking at shoes like the Air Max 720 and, recently, the Air Max TW, which have nice sized air units. The TWs are rotting on NDC and these are sure to sell out. Nike would make back easily whatever it costs to produce those larger units. Very frustrating.

The TWs are incredibly dope but there’s literally only THREE good colorways . And the rest are straight up awful . And I have no idea who decided they needed to keep the shoe with a white base 99% of the time . Tailwinds came in many different colors . not just with a white base . But yeah I bought the white with the dark navy stripes and the lime bubbles .man they look great in person and the bubbles are HUGE

I actually have to regule all 3 CWs from the previous retro. If I can get to them (or at least one) before RD, I'll post the pics here. In fact, I already reglued the soles of the Blk/Blue pair, that came out fine, but the upper on the left shoe separated and I have to do that. Tbh, it's not that hard of a project, the breaks in the shoe are clean. I really want to get to the 09 Atlantic blue pair. I love that CW, but I still might be in for a newer pair.

As far as sitting, I think these might fly under the radar. The last retro in 2016, they sat for a good bit and went on sale. I remember being surprised to see them on a shelf when I randomly walked into a shoe store at the time.

Nvm I can see that they were just slightly translucent . Bottom alsomst has a teal shade to it and the blue on the upper is a lot darker than this retro coming out . Still look really close though

Nvm I can see that they were just slightly translucent . Bottom alsomst has a teal shade to it and the blue on the upper is a lot darker than this retro coming out . Still look really close though
It looks teal because of aging.

The TWs are incredibly dope but there’s literally only THREE good colorways . And the rest are straight up awful . And I have no idea who decided they needed to keep the shoe with a white base 99% of the time . Tailwinds came in many different colors . not just with a white base . But yeah I bought the white with the dark navy stripes and the lime bubbles .man they look great in person and the bubbles are HUGE
TWs are amazing. Nike makes money hand over fist but cuts corners on retros like crazy. If you can produce large air units for newer models, then why won't you produce them for retro models that originally had them? (The answer is money and that's the problem lol)

Check for your local cobbler/shoe repair store. Some are surprisingly up on stuff and do sole sauce/ restoration. Or you can do it yourself, save money, and learn something. All up to you. Inbox me if you have questions.

Back in the days, I would go to shoe repair places in NY to get my basketball shoes fixed. They would RUIN them visually but they became playable again so I went with it lol.

Back
Top Bottom