Air span II returns 2018

I would also say sizing is TTS. They’re slightly shorter in length than recent AM1’s.

Agreed on them looking wide and flat...almost like flippers.

Looks like Nike restocked most sizes.

Last edited:
I always thought the air max 98s felt and looked wide and flat. These similar to that? I really like how these look, but hate wide and flat shoes like that :lol:

I agree with TTS and also, holy @&$! these are comfortable. I was surprised. Don't know how to explain it but they're a good combo of cushioning and responsiveness. Def coppin the solar reds and maybe one more

wore mine for the first time yesterday

same thoughts with comfort, didn’t expect any signs of cushion

joints super low to the ground and I love that bout em

wouldn’t mind one more pair in a cold colorway, still don’t like any other drop outside the laser blues

wish the infrareds had a infra swoosh

The Air Span used to be one of the the top technical running shoe at the time it released - quality can be felt even with todays standards. Like I said - best Nike Retro this year.

Solar reds came in from NDC today. Agree with the surprising comfort level for a retro. I think the main reason for the comfort for me is the width of the shoe. For a wider footed person like myself these feel great and have some decent cushioning.

The only thing I don't like about these are the shortened tongue which they seem to be doing with all their retro runners nowadays. If you lace them up to the top eyelet the laces cover up a lot of the label...
I also noticed a label inside that says "recrafted". Are they adding this to all their retro runners now?
span1.jpg
span2.jpg

00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20180507194020209_COVER.jpg
My white/blk/gray/volts just got in. Got em for $68 thanks to ebay's 15% sale on Friday. I think I'm all good now on Span IIs lol.

Hi, just registered to give my opinion about these. I’m an old head and comparing the Air Span II to the Air Base II release I would say Nike has learned from their mistakes. I hope they fired the guy that thought it would be nice to have a yellow midsole at the Base II’s, not thinking about the fact that Base II’s would never get yellow at all..… And also the missing of the name at the heel and at the tongue was a big, big mistake. And the shape of those where off, totally off…

Now we have a Nike Air Span II with lettering at the heel and also a at the tongue: nice! And also a normal white midsole. The colours they used are pretty accurate comparing them with the OG’s. The shape is not perfect but could be much worse as we have seen at the Base II’s and much other Nike-retro-releases!

In my case they fit a half size up, I wear them in a size US 9.5 where I normally wear a US 9. After a tight lacing they fit me perfect, like a glove. And when I walk on them I feel like I’m walking on clouds: Nike Air as it supposed to be!

Back in the days this was the first Nike Air-shoe I learned to know. A week later I saw a first pair Air Stabs. Especially all those letterings / visible airunit at the Stabs / bright colourways triggered me to become a Nikehead at 1989.

Offcourse I have owned some OG pairs Air Span (II) over the years and in the EU where I live they are very collectible in the OG-sneakerscene. So offcourse the price of a DS-pair Spans would be aroud $ 500.- or up. The retailprice back in the days was around $ 150.- in the EU. Now after 30 years they can be bought for $ 100.- including free shipping. For me as a old head that’s a party, I have bought several pairs (enough for the next 20 years) of the released OG-colourways: for this price I’m not taking any chances to miss on them in a outlet.

That being said I want to say something about the non-OG-CW’s. I don’t like them at all, I think it’s almost a insult to the model. Some of them don’t even look like a Span anymore due the overwelming colours. Only the white / bordeaux CW is classic and fits the model. Probably this is where I need to understand that the OG-heads don’t like them and the “kids” nowadays like these kind of colourways and not the OG-CW’s. It’s hard to understand for me: I’m getting old, or, maybe: I just am old :smile:

To conclude: I think this is one of the best retro’s Nike has produced the last decade and after the Air Base II-debacle this is a relieve.

(sorry for my english, it’s not my first language as you probably have read)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom