Air Tech Challenge for Tennis?

I was wondering if anyone knows the performance (if there is any at all) on the retroed Air Tech Challenges for playing tennis.

I was about to ask this today but i'll reiterate the question.

I currently play tennis in the Zoom air turf (barry's) and wanted to know if a shoe like this would perform well

I wouldn't... in terms of support, it shouldn't be a problem... the issue, IMO, is durability...

the OG ATC II's & ATC III's had a Durathane outsole, while these retros don't... having played in the OGs back then, the remember that theoutsoles began to tear away from the upper after a few months of play... also, Tenniswarehouse (an online tennis retailer) chose not to sell the ATC's,saying that it was just a 'fashion' shoe and not a performance sneaker... stick with Nike's current line of tennis shoes that have those durable'Drag-on' outsoles...

Originally Posted by SinnerP

I wouldn't... in terms of support, it shouldn't be a problem... the issue, IMO, is durability...

the OG ATC II's & ATC III's had a Durathane outsole, while these retros don't... having played in the OGs back then, the remember that the outsoles began to tear away from the upper after a few months of play... also, Tenniswarehouse (an online tennis retailer) chose not to sell the ATC's, saying that it was just a 'fashion' shoe and not a performance sneaker... stick with Nike's current line of tennis shoes that have those durable 'Drag-on' outsoles...

forgot to check back for this reply...thanks.

Back
Top Bottom