Nike LeBron 22 - Monopoly slated for September 28, 2024

LeBron James' journey with Nike is a tale of innovation, performance, and basketball heritage, evolving over two remarkable decades. Since his first signature sneaker's debut, each installment of LeBron's series has pushed the boundaries of basketball footwear technology and design, mirroring the athlete's growth and evolution on the court. As we approach Holiday 2024, the anticipation builds for the latest chapter in this storied collaboration, the Nike LeBron 22.

The LeBron 22 is set to make its mark with a suite of advanced technologies and a design philosophy that prioritizes comfort, durability, and style. While specific details on the tech specifications remain under wraps, expectations are high for a series that embodies the peak of performance innovation. One of the debut colorways on the LeBron 22 will feature a captivating blend of royal pulse, diffused blue, football grey, and metallic silver.

The Nike LeBron 22 will debut in Holiday 2024 through Nike and select retailers online and in-store. Available in men’s and grade school sizes, the retail is set at $180 and $140, respectively.

This is the first color slated to come out for this pending signature line:

Nike LeBron 22 Royal Pulse
Color: Royal Pulse/Diffused Blue-Football Grey-Metallic Silver
Style Code: FZ1094-400 (men); FV5636-400 (GS)
Release Date: Holiday 2024
Price: $180 (men); $140 (GS)

Wow, price decrease to $180. Wonder if this is sign for all other sigs to be lowered?

The price decrease for this pending signature model has me thinking perhaps Nike realized LeBron's previous models priced at $200 haven't sold great.

I'm sure it's going to be a formality with this model that there won't be a desirably accurate Lakers-themed colorway, similar to all the models he wore ever since he joined the Lakers. The retail versions will have colors that are divergent from what he wears on court.

I have a feeling these will be a low-top form like his last two models.

I understand them going low top with that being what’s trending, but I’m concern is the lack of innovation with design and materials. The best thing about this 21 DT Max version to me is the materials used on it along with the design. For him to be THE FACE of Nike Basketball I don’t think the GT Cut 3 should be garnering more excitement than his shoe. They’ve got to do better about his line leading design and technology. He doesn’t have much time left..

Last edited:
Just please no little mermaid/finding nemo colorways like the 21.

What’s funny/sad about this whole shell clam oyster theme is that they didn’t really promote or hype it up. No promo, press, or conference. I get that social media has killed it being that we the consumer hype it up on social media but still.

I have only seen one kid wear the 21s in a HS game. The rest of the high schoolers and people at the gyms I go to are wearing Kobes, Nike Kyries, KDs, Lebron 20s, 38s, and various WOW shoes.
I haven’t see one person rockin the 21 casually or even let’s say at the gym after school. It’s sad because the 21 is a dope sneaker performance wise and the colorways were/are solid.

A study of some sorts has to be done regarding how the biggest basketball player of this generation (some even argue ever) and the correlation as to why his signature sure does pure trash numbers. It's literally unbelievable how a beast marketing machine like Nike can't elevate LeBron's signature shoes. I am stumped on how this can ever be a thing. Makes zero sense.

A study of some sorts has to be done regarding how the biggest basketball player of this generation (some even argue ever) and the correlation as to why his signature sure does pure trash numbers. It's literally unbelievable how a beast marketing machine like Nike can't elevate LeBron's signature shoes. I am stumped on how this can ever be a thing. Makes zero sense.
I don’t hoop anymore, but I will rock anything I find appealing. I picked up those Tahitian 21s for $119 three weeks after they released. Once the 20s hit a comfortable price point they vanished. There is a disconnect with what Nike is doing and what consumers will pay now. You’ve also got 3 current models out right now and none of them are doing numbers: the 21, Witness model, and the NXXT GEN/GEN AMPD. Hell, they may be better off bringing out Retro PE’s. I’ll take a pair of Dunkman 2s.

You’ve also got 3 current models out right now and none of them are doing numbers: the 21, Witness model, and the NXXT GEN/GEN AMPD.

This is so true. I play with 3 different groups, and I could say that the Witness line is the most used shoe in those groups. Couple of NXXT Gen/AMPD's too, but I am the only one who has ever used LeBron 20's/21's.

I guess it's got more to donwith the price point, people don't want to pay that premium price for signature lines. Especially since their price has steadily increased like 25% in the last 10 years. I don't mind it, since I don't have other than basketball where I use my money, and my old basketball shoes become my gym shoes 😅

Lebron is on 22 with his line. Unprecedented while actively playing

Lebron is on 22 with his line. Unprecedented while actively playing
From that standpoint it is a true accomplishment, considering he’s been wearing his own sneaker since the first game and from that most here can appreciate that. But does the average consumer care? Probably not. I’ve seen more Giannis Immortality’s on court at my godson’s AAU games than any Brons. I hope the drop in price helps in the next model.

I want to say it's been somewhat disappointing with the LeBron line ever since he returned to the Cavaliers in 2014 because the pairs available for retail have been devoid of matching Cavs & Lakers colors. The retail versions that were supposed to be Lakers-themed didn't resemble the ones he wore on court.

I recall Nike had the colors he wore on court available for retail when he was in his first stint with the Cavs and when he was with the Heat. That's exactly how it should always be with signature sneakers.

I admit the only pairs of LeBrons I got since he returned to the Cavs were the LeBron XIII All-Star Game & LeBron XVII Black Lakers. I definitely got more LeBrons when he started out with the Cavs and when he was with the Heat.

The line peaked at the 8 anyways.

I dunno if the LJ23 line has enuff heat itself to becoming a staple in the basketball world like retro Js and the brand that it built.
Jordan and Kobe. Penny’s sneakers sell relatively well. I think that’s where it may fall in line with, unless they start releasing retro PEs. The Foamposite is a classic……what is Bron’s standout, the SB 8? Kids round the way were selling those for $110 when the retro came out.

I think the 10 was the other side of the drop off. It was a great shoe that they didn’t build more from like the 7 transition into the 8. Especially with the issues he complained with the 11 it was just a mess from there.. his last shoe worth of signature design and effort was the 16 and it was really just a low top 15.. It maybe time for new eyes from a design standpoint. But at could be said about Nike Basketball as a whole…

Last edited:
I wish they would just do a nod back to the 8 design language, materials and all. Just upgrade the cushioning to something like the 10 and BOOM we’re back!🤣😎 I do feel you on the 4’s and the colors. I really would have like to see them utilize Foamposite for him.

Man good dialogue on the topic. I wasn’t coming from a hate space. I’m a fellow Ohio guy and we graduated Hs the same year so I’m a big fan. Just can’t for the life of me understand the lack of icon success, sans him having 22 silos and take down team shoes. Most obvious point seems to be the price point unfortunately. Curious does the tech even justify the price?

Although purple and yellow aren't really commonly worn colors, I think if Nike came out with the same Lakers colors he wore with the LeBron 16 to 21 that they would have sold because there are a lot of Lakers fans out there who would have been willing to wear those, especially since they're a historic and glamourous team that has a lot of fan support.

Back
Top Bottom