Air Tech Challenge II and Tech Low Retro EDIT*pic* 9/29 uhoh

pretty good i would say leather on the toe box seems good the leather around the toe box seems a lil thin but not as thin as jordan smooth leather.

i would rate the quality 8 out of 10. IMO

i would say the poorest part of these are the Nike Air logo at the back. the embroidery is amateurish at best. looks homemade.

Still waiting on mine.

I wear 11.5, but they were sold out so I went with an 11 and now I'm hearing they fit snug.

I hope I can take them to a Finishline or something and exchange them.

Mine finally came in...love these shoes! I switched out to BLACK LACES! HOTNESS!

2391120678_68c683870b.jpg

2390288589_597becd0f3.jpg

and with BLACK LACES...really makes the shoes POP!

2390290949_5ff4939637.jpg

2391124694_3191801570.jpg

no thanks on the black laces. If tinker wanted black laces back in 1990 and for them to come out that way, we wouldve had them. thats a big no no and disgracelol

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

no thanks on the black laces. If tinker wanted black laces back in 1990 and for them to come out that way, we wouldve had them. thats a big no no and disgrace lol
yeah man i totally agree with you. well mostly. switches out laces is kinda weird cus you are really altering the whole original product. i swithclaces out very very little.

I guess we have to agree to disagree...the very first thing I do is change the laces. I always try to look for another color to offset the shoes and make themlook a little more unique. I do keep some shoes "OEM" but if there are some choices to change them, I usually do.

Man, that FNL discount code is making me want to buy a second pair, but I've never purchased doubles of any shoe before in my life.

The black laces don't look that bad but I'd personally stick with the original white laces. It just looks cleaner to me.

lol i had to pick my 2nd pair off finishline again, this time with the in-store pick up which lead the total to be $81.
yipeeeeeee.

^How does the in-store pick-up work? Is there anything you have to select aside from selecting the 3 stores? I was a little confused by that because I thoughtthere would be some sort of box I could check for in-store pick-up.

this is my 1st time also. i think in the billing info page u can click back to the shipping page and switch it to in-store pick up for local finishline youpicked.
as far as picking up the shoe right after the order, im not to sure if the local store actually caries your size or if they wait for the shoe to get deliveredfrom the warehouse or somthing. lets hope its not the latter because i dont want to wait for it to arrive at my local store, i just wanna pick it up asap. iordered with instore like 30 min ago haha, i was hoping to pick it up today.

Copped 2nd pair using the $25 off code. $87.?? shipped from Finishline.com. Can't wait. I wonder how long till Finishline sells out. Eastbay sold outin like a day or so.

Originally Posted by BallerAC23

this is my 1st time also. i think in the billing info page u can click back to the shipping page and switch it to in-store pick up for local finishline you picked.
as far as picking up the shoe right after the order, im not to sure if the local store actually caries your size or if they wait for the shoe to get delivered from the warehouse or somthing. lets hope its not the latter because i dont want to wait for it to arrive at my local store, i just wanna pick it up asap. i ordered with instore like 30 min ago haha, i was hoping to pick it up today.

I just bit the bullet and bought a second pair. I didn't see an in-store pick-up option on the billing page but I read something on the FAQ that said toallow approximately 2 hours for processing. I don't know. I guess I'll just have to wait and see if they contact me. It's not the end of the worldfor me if they end up shipping it to my house.

you can go back to the shippin page from the billing page and click in-store. but dats if your in-store is available. u can check it by going to the productpage and seeing if its available or not. did you end up paying for shipping too? if then it shoulda came out to about $88-89 n dat means you didnt check thein-store. its still a decent price nonetheless, but id rather pay 80 and go pick it up, hopefully sooner than it takes for them to deliver

My Eastbay multiples FINALLY came in. I'm happy to have these again. I will say that after one wearing to the mall these creaseEASILY. I think the leather is pretty much the same thin shhh that they used with the Mars and Military IV's. But I didn't planon keeping them deadstock anyways, so I'm not too worried about it.

So I think I also figured out some of the wierdness and confusion surrounding these. I talked to one of my homeboys today who's in charge of ordering forhis chain (local Bay Area independent chain). He says that these were technically considered a "boutique quickstrike." Not sure exactly whatNike's definition of that term is, but IMO that statement goes a little ways in explaining the scarcity of the apparel. I guess most boutiques didn'torder the apparel, and from what everyone has seen NONE of the online sites carry the apparel. In the Bay Area I've only seen two places physically get theshoes in so far, and neither got the apparel. So, the apparel hunting oddysey continues...

^Thanks, BALLERAC23. I didn't know I could go backward from the billing to shipping page and select in-store. Oh well. I guess I missed a chance to save$7.
laugh.gif

thin black lace son white look bad...having that white show up in between the laces is a crappy look. only think black laces work, but of course, thick laceson these shoes don;t work at all, hence, the black laces don;t work for these shoes.

i still haven;t received my FL shipment confirmation.

i want these so bad but something in my gut is tellin me that these are gonna go on sale where i live in the summer

I just did a Buy It Now on eBay for a black/lava XXL Nike t-shirt. I can't show you guys the image here because the seller has it protected, but it'sbasically all black with an upside down lava triangle (not so different from the second generation "Flight" logo design from around '91-92)intertwined with another upside down bluish triangle, with the Nike logo and swoosh in lava in the middle, with lines and spots of lava splatter coming off thedesign. I don't know if this was made as part of the official Rebel Pack apparel line. However, aside from the white/lava "Just Do It" shirtswhich none of us can find anymore, this one is the best I've seen. I'll post pics when it comes in. I think the seller has one more left in size L thatI saw, in case any of you are interested. I found it by searching "Nike Agassi." Good luck...

Originally Posted by Dunkaroos

How's the quality on the Challenge II?

Kinda wondering the same. Really want to know how bad they crease on the toes, and hows the midsole by the air bubble. Is it painted like on the recent AJretro IIIs and IVs?

It's a good replica, as far as being faithful to the OG. But the leather (pleather? LOL) quality is about the same as the more recent white leather JordanRetros, like the IV's from '06. One wear and I already have lots of creases, mostly in the toe and close to the instep of thefoot.

Back
Top Bottom