AJ "BRED" 13 returning JAN 12, 2013

Playoffs > Black/Reds for me.

All time favorite
+1. Playoff 13s are my favorite out of the 13s. Glad i got my pair, still want the breds but wouldn't give up my Playoffs for them.

anyone know the story/reason behind the playoffs having the yellow circle on the tongue?

reminds me of the TNT logo. TNT played most of the NBA playoff games as well. not sure if that the reason for the yellow circle, probably another reason for it.

Last edited:
+1. Playoff 13s are my favorite out of the 13s. Glad i got my pair, still want the breds but wouldn't give up my Playoffs for them.
reminds me of the TNT logo. TNT played most of the NBA playoff games as well. not sure if that the reason for the yellow circle, probably another reason for it.
+1 love my playoffs

Missed out on the raffles in my area, because I just recently started getting into sneakers. I didn't know the procedures stores went through. So I sat in front of the computer for 4 hrs for the niketown Seattle RSVP, fell asleep, woken up by a tweet, but was late on the DM. Release day I don't even sleep, lose my wallet, and somehow drop my phone in the middle of the street... All of these things make me 15 minutes late to the FL release, and 11th in line.

I don't mean to whine, just needed to vent my frustration with this release. I'm hoping I manage to get a pair through the rerelease, if not i guess I have to wait for the release on the 26th. I really need help with the RSVP.
In the future whenever you want to get the kicks you like,try to call or hit up your local spots on the weekend before the shoes are release to see if they are doing f.c.f.s or raffles (like the J's 5 is comin out on 1/26 you would call on Saturday or Sunday this weekend coming up and they would give you some info) that way you are well prepared

Just got my pair from FNL... 

Couple things to note:

1.) Many quality control issues with my pair

A. Excess glue, almost looks like sole is separating even though its not. 

B. One shoe has glue stain on suede about 1/2 inch 

C. Other shoe has long "slash" about an inch long on inside of red suede.

2.) These are REALLY NICE on feet. Was pleasantly surprised

3.) They fit TTS for me.

...I normally am not one to complain about quality control issues but this is the first pair I got from JB that was a little ridiculous. Probably could qualify for B Grades 
mean.gif
. Considering doubling up when Eastbay drops just so I have a chance at getting a decent pair.

Either way, I like them a lot and they will be rocked on the regular. But JB is definitely slippin' hard. I'll try and post up some pics later. 
Pics don't really do the mistakes justice but here they are...

Pissed I didn't jump on these.  Wish I grabbed a pair, too bad finishline doesn't ship to Canada, guess I got to try eastbay?

Pissed I didn't jump on these.  Wish I grabbed a pair, too bad finishline doesn't ship to Canada, guess I got to try eastbay?
Is Eastbay still selling these? I heard a rumor they might drop this year but was told to keep checking back..

Im tempted at least to try, already got my pair but I figure if i can grab another it would be good trade bait for the he got games in case i strike out...why do I have a feeling those are gonna be just as hard to get as these...
Let's hope FNL has more than a few pairs and have improved their servers haha yeah right.

UPS dropped mine off today. I got home from work and did the usual inspection like everyone else. I seem to be seeing a few repetitive traits not only with FNL cops, but from a few other places as well.

All in all, I'm assuming that the physical issues stem from tight shipping quarters, making the sneakers apply pressure in awkward area.

I most def would have enjoyed 3M, but I'll stop beating that dead horse.

Lets get to it...

1. Maybe it's a combination of my eyes and the reviews I've already but the paneling has that weird purple tint to it like some color blind quality manager couldn't pick out "Black".

2. The toebox on the right sneaker has these pressure marks on them like something was pushing on the "leather" stretching it out in that spot.

3. The paneling on the outer left sneaker, near the toe box also seems pushed in. You can kind of see it here but there's a concave crater like thing going on in this spot. This isn't present on the right sneaker

4. Slight creasing in the suede of the heel right below the hologram, on both sneakers.

5. Not too bad, but there is loose threading hanging from the heel paneling on the right sneaker. Not present on the left.

6. Another shot in the light with the weird purple tint on the paneling.

7. Another shot. Paneling. The red looks washed out here but its just the excess light. In person, they look like a legit shade of red.

There was also the usual excess glue. It came off easily with some tweezers though. Cleaned up pretty nice. I'm not upset but I would have to give the quality control team the side eye and keep it moving.

Rate these a 8.5 out of 10 for the little things.

Happy I copped overall.

Last edited:
Does anyone else feel like this is one of those shoes that is not going to come "perfect"? I mean look at the toe box, it has the effect of a crease from the factory... why people get wrapped up in that stuff is BEYOND me. No pair is going to be perfect.... just keepin' it 100 :smokin

UPS dropped mine off today. I got home from work and did the usual inspection like everyone else. I seem to be seeing a few repetitive traits not only with FNL cops, but from a few other places as well.

All in all, I'm assuming that the physical issues stem from tight shipping quarters, making the sneakers apply pressure in awkward area.

I most def would have enjoyed 3M, but I'll stop beating that dead horse.

Lets get to it...

1. Maybe it's a combination of my eyes and the reviews I've already but the paneling has that weird purple tint to it like some color blind quality manager couldn't pick out "Black".

2. The toebox on the right sneaker has these pressure marks on them like something was pushing on the "leather" stretching it out in that spot.

3. The paneling on the outer left sneaker, near the toe box also seems pushed in. You can kind of see it here but there's a concave crater like thing going on in this spot. This isn't present on the right sneaker

4. Slight creasing in the suede of the heel right below the hologram, on both sneakers.

5. Not too bad, but there is loose threading hanging from the heel paneling on the right sneaker. Not present on the left.

6. Another shot in the light with the weird purple tint on the paneling.

7. Another shot. Paneling. The red looks washed out here but its just the excess light. In person, they look like a legit shade of red.

There was also the usual excess glue. It came off easily with some tweezers though. Cleaned up pretty nice. I'm not upset but I would have to give the quality control team the side eye and keep it moving.

Rate these a 8.5 out of 10 for the little things.

Happy I copped overall.

Crazy how my toe boxes have literally the same issues as yours (almost exact) - mine also have problems with the leather texture, not as bad as your pair. Definitely caused by packing issues (the "leather" indents anyway). I have seen other issues on this thread but not too many about the toe box, makes me feel a lil better im not the only one haha

If you boys want Louie's, buy freakin Louie's......the cry baby antics are rampant in this thread!

Does anyone else feel like this is one of those shoes that is not going to come "perfect"? I mean look at the toe box, it has the effect of a crease from the factory... why people get wrapped up in that stuff is BEYOND me. No pair is going to be perfect.... just keepin' it 100
smokin.gif
I can't speak for everyone else but personally, I'm more so providing feedback for the forums sake not necessarily complain.

I have to say though, I've seen less factory "imperfections" on GR's like AM 95's and even the Free's and those go for about $90 - $140. For what we pay, the factory "imperfections" should at least be in line with those pairs dont you think?

Just sayin' 

Pics look amAzing bruh !! The whole fam rocking those thangz !! Little man looks fresh as hell!!
Lol thanks man. I work real hard so my fam have more than i did growing up. Because I feel you cant judge a man on how much money he has, or what kind of car he drives, or house he lives in.. but how his family looks and how his family speaks of him when hes not around

Does anyone else feel like this is one of those shoes that is not going to come "perfect"? I mean look at the toe box, it has the effect of a crease from the factory... why people get wrapped up in that stuff is BEYOND me. No pair is going to be perfect.... just keepin' it 100 :smokin
I feel production for these shoes may have been rushed. Think about it a lot of stores such as FTL,FNL, Champs, all got a shipment on Monday or Tuesday of release week when they usually have them a weekend before release. And then on RD online retailers systems malfunctioned as if it was the first time they release limited releases. Maybe they were trying to sell shoes they did not yet have? Now JB rushing to fill these orders with retailers which leads to the imperfections some have been noticing.

Back
Top Bottom