AJ "BRED" 13 returning JAN 12, 2013

no 3M = a pass for me

Glad I got my 2004s still in NDS condition and for retail from Eastbay before the whole hype beast train came wrecking through this sneaker culture. :smh: :smh:

One of my Grails. I remember being in elementary school and seeing all the cool kids with these on, wishing I could own a pair. Went to footlocker one Saturday and they had em on sale for $49.99 ..I begged my mom to buy them for me but of course they only had one size left which wasn't mine. Smh.

Buying this retro wouldn't be the same to me though. Some say 3M doesn't make that big a difference, but when you have child hood memories of a shoe being a certain way, it really does make or break a retro if those same details aren't implemented. I guess i've just accepted the fact that I'm going to have to pay the $400+ to get an 04' pair because I wouldn't feel right paying almost $200 for these. Just kills me that JB continues to bastardize and dillute the products a lot of us grew up with. Good luck to everyone come release day though. I'm sitting this one out.

One of my Grails. I remember being in elementary school and seeing all the cool kids with these on, wishing I could own a pair. Went to footlocker one Saturday and they had em on sale for $49.99 ..I begged my mom to buy them for me but of course they only had one size left which wasn't mine. Smh.

Buying this retro wouldn't be the same to me though. Some say 3M doesn't make that big a difference, but when you have child hood memories of a shoe being a certain way, it really does make or break a retro if those same details aren't implemented. I guess i've just accepted the fact that I'm going to have to pay the $400+ to get an 04' pair because I wouldn't feel right paying almost $200 for these. Just kills me that JB continues to bastardize and dillute the products a lot of us grew up with. Good luck to everyone come release day though. I'm sitting this one out.
Yep.  They're going to sell out regardless.  The way I see it is, if I really dislike a release to that extent, I would rather overpay for a better product.  Besides, a big bad eBay seller isn't exactly the devil compared to Nike/JB.  If the shoes are just unwearable, I'll "settle" for the current retro (see the 2012 IVs), but if I can track down an old release and get some enjoyment out of actually wearing them, why not.

Gonna sound like a reverend preaching this last bit lol, but be patient if you're looking for 04s.  Let these drop or let the release date of these approach and that market value will take a hit.

I got a worn once 04 pair

was thinking about selling it

but after seeing the pic im keeping em

the 3M is a must

Just started my search for a pair of 04's . What should I expect to pay for a ds pair in a size 10 ?

I'm just gonna be honest. I'm not gonna pay potentially $300 more dollars for the '04 version with 3M, compared to the '12 version without 3M.

3M is not worth that much to me.

Maybe it's because I'm a frugal college student.

I remember how badly i wanted these as a kid. My dad went over to the US a few weeks after these came out and ofcourse they were all gone. Felt suicidal :lol: It's funny how now when i can get my hands on a pair i dont want them. A friend tried to sell me a DS pair last year for 200 and i passed and bought another pair of playoffs instead. Hope everyone gets their pair.

My dude try to contact the seller outside of eBay and try to work something out. The reason why eBay prices are nuts is because of the 9% eBay fees on top of the 5% Paypal fees.

You'll have to be creative though - eBay is doing their damnedest to block 'out of eBay' transactions.

I own the '04 pair and I'd put it's value about $300-$350 max, however I can relate with sellers as they are trying to recuperate their fees and shipping expenses.

I'm just gonna be honest. I'm not gonna pay potentially $300 more dollars for the '04 version with 3M, compared to the '12 version without 3M.

3M is not worth that much to me.

Maybe it's because I'm a frugal college student.

word. i have the '04's so I'm going to pass. If you have a little more money to spend get the '04's. If you can't afford the older retro and the color/3m doesn't bother you get the '12. it's as simple as that.

That's how I feel. I'd really like the 3M, but not for 200 more dollars. It's subtle anyway. It's not like using some grey material that's not 3M on a V. That would be terrible.

Can anyone confirm that they're coming out on New Years Day? Seems like an odd release date. 
indifferent.gif

I remember how badly i wanted these as a kid. My dad went over to the US a few weeks after these came out and ofcourse they were all gone. Felt suicidal :lol: It's funny how now when i can get my hands on a pair i dont want them. A friend tried to sell me a DS pair last year for 200 and i passed and bought another pair of playoffs instead. Hope everyone gets their pair.

My dude try to contact the seller outside of eBay and try to work something out. The reason why eBay prices are nuts is because of the 9% eBay fees on top of the 5% Paypal fees.
You'll have to be creative though - eBay is doing their damnedest to block 'out of eBay' transactions.
I own the '04 pair and I'd put it's value about $300-$350 max, however I can relate with sellers as they are trying to recuperate their fees and shipping expenses.

Yea I feel you on that. I completely understand from the sellers perspective, especially dealing with ebay ect. I think I'm def going to do what sneakerfan said and just wait it out a bit. Someone is goiing to give in I'm sure.

Back
Top Bottom