AJ II Union x April 15, 2022

What model would you like to see Union do next?

• III

Votes: 54 48.2%
  • V

Votes: 9 8.0%
  • VI

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • VII

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • VIII

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • IX

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • X

• XI

Votes: 13 11.6%
  • XII

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Other

• Total voters
That would be wishful thinking especially if JB is using the off-white and union releases to drum up hype for the run of 2 retros.

hoping that this won’t make the 2 the next hype shoe since so many people used to hate on this model. I wanna cop some OG 2 cws with ease dammit :lol:

OG2’s been eaay to cop, if you havent copped by now you probably on the same hype train and dont even realize. :lol:

ITS OK to get excited over a model that didnt fancy you before believe it or not. It doesnt necessarily mean youre on the hype train or whatever. The “man I thought about copping 2’s before like last year, couple years ago” is just a way to “validate” people copping who dont like to look like they been influenced by the hype. :lol: Its fine, no one cares that much. I thought about getting OG highs earlier in the year when my homegirl got a pair. Never did and when I saw the OW2 white pair, had me excited again me. I had a pair of the lows in highschool I copped from Athletes Foot, had the white and red. Loved them, hated they creased so easily.

Those Union 2’s are mockups, wont even have an opinion on them til I see the real pairs. The OW 2 white pair is sick, prefer them over the OW 5’s (only compring cause colorway). The black/blue pair however is terrible.

OG2’s been eaay to cop, if you havent copped by now you probably on the same hype train and dont even realize. :lol:
Idk know what you even going on about b. the last time a OG 2 cw dropped that wasn’t a low was the white/red cw in 2014. Don’t care for the 2 lows so I wasn’t in to them.

I just want to cop shoes I like without much hassle. Especially ones that people never had much interest in for years before. Don’t care about people’s validation for wanting them or if they ain’t on the hype train. I don’t wanna have to jump through hoops to get em.

Idk know what you even going on about b. the last time a OG 2 cw dropped that wasn’t a low was the white/red cw in 2014. Don’t care for the 2 lows so I wasn’t in to them.

I just want to cop shoes I like without much hassle. Especially ones that people never had much interest in for years before. Don’t care about people’s validation for wanting them or if they ain’t on the hype train. I don’t wanna have to jump through hoops to get em.

Buying 2’s (before this in general), not necessarily literal OG 2’s but thats besides the fact.

Buying 2’s (before this in general), not necessarily literal OG 2’s but thats besides the fact.
Okay so? I don’t care for anything else besides the OG cws. Still don’t understand what point you’re trying to make since all I said was wanting to cop 2s with ease.

Move on b

Okay so? I don’t care for anything else besides the OG cws. Still don’t understand what point you’re trying to make since all I said was wanting to cop 2s with ease.

Move on b

You initially said you want to cop OG 2’s with ease. They are easy to get, and my point was if its a concern for you to get them now (before the hype train potentially dries up pairs or whatever) well if you really wanted em before you woudda been had em “b”.

I’m sure he means in the future. Going forward, continuing in the “remastered era”. The Jordan 2 has been a easy purchase in the past but who knows what may come.
I do. Besides the converse pack 2s I haven’t been interested in other 2s that dropped. And the last retros of the OGs before the remastered program have been boo boo to say the least.

I’m hoping JB will up the leather quality and shape with new retros that are likely to come but not looking forward to what the releases will look like. as long as I can cop my pair idc bout anything else

The construction will eventually happen after they run out of releases. Still gonna be awhile :lol: But I've said this before but for JB the going is good now and has been for awhile. But sooner or later the hype train is gonna run out (or dip let's say) and you are going to have to increase quality to continue sales. You can't release the same OG retro every 5 years with terrible shape and quality forever, there will be a breaking point. For years they didn't use NA on the back of OGs. Then they realized they kinda need to. This stuff goes slow, but it comes.

The 2 has been neglected for 30+ years, the releases they've given us have been HORRIFIC in regards to looking like the original. We all know the public at large doesn't really care about the 2. But a 1:1 remake with same leather and shape could be promoted like clockwork and the masses would buy. Again, ain't happenin any time soon but look at what's already starting for the Jordan 1 85's....or the patent leather on the 11's. They know they have to step up eventually, for many reasons.

I’ve never been a fan of the Jordan 2. I personally have them ranked second worst (only above the 15s) when ranking the first 15 Jordan models. The only colorway/pair that I’ve liked and wanted is the Chicago colorway, and that’s mainly for sentimental reasons, as that’s the pair MJ won his first Dunk Contest in 1987, here in Seattle, WA. I have family that actually attended, and growing up I had the poster of the free throw line dunk he made at that event.

However, I’m a HUGE fan of the Union brand and their aesthetics. I almost expect them to remix the Jordan 2 in ways (whether it be via paneling, materials, construction, shape, etc.) that makes them more appealing to me personally.

The construction will eventually happen after they run out of releases. Still gonna be awhile :lol: But I've said this before but for JB the going is good now and has been for awhile. But sooner or later the hype train is gonna run out (or dip let's say) and you are going to have to increase quality to continue sales. You can't release the same OG retro every 5 years with terrible shape and quality forever, there will be a breaking point. For years they didn't use NA on the back of OGs. Then they realized they kinda need to. This stuff goes slow, but it comes.

The 2 has been neglected for 30+ years, the releases they've given us have been HORRIFIC in regards to looking like the original. We all know the public at large doesn't really care about the 2. But a 1:1 remake with same leather and shape could be promoted like clockwork and the masses would buy. Again, ain't happenin any time soon but look at what's already starting for the Jordan 1 85's....or the patent leather on the 11's. They know they have to step up eventually, for many reasons.
Yeah, the only reason I don’t have any 2s is because the retros have been trash. Need white/reds and the Chicagos done properly.

With the off-white retro it looks like JB is trying to correct the toebox. It’s a start but hopefully we can get some retros of the highs done nice
Literally every time they’ve retroed going all the way back to ‘94/‘95, I’ve gone to buy them. And then I see them and I’m like, eh, never mind :lol:
That said, I regret not just saying eff it and buying the white/reds from a few years ago. Maybe next time LOL

recently pick these up. I’ve been hunting for the 2 in the converse pack, but I only want the 2s lol

8BA03809-C25E-4877-8AB0-D7EEFD54EA9B.jpeg

Just watched inside the vault on the 2's. I guess they are slowly building hype. in for the OG if they come with some decent materials.

Back
Top Bottom