Votes: 15 26.8%
  • IV

Votes: 26 46.4%
  • V

Votes: 12 21.4%
  • None, dislike them all

Votes: 3 5.4%

• Total voters
Yeah I think it's a better shoe by a mile. Leave the mesh for the Concords. The execution gives this one a premium feel and differentiates it from the Concords. A lot of us are excited about an upper that won't be permanently dirty.
Premium feel? :lol:

From the Gratitude thread:

IMG_0047.jpeg

IMG_0046.jpeg

IMG_0048.jpeg

Opinions aside, look at the resale pre-release of the Gratitudes-the demand just isn’t there like it used to be for holiday 11s. Even in poor resale markets for Jordan retros in 2016-2018, holiday Jordan 11s were still commanding a lot more money than Gratitudes are now, pre-wide release. Again, don’t take my word for it, look at the StockX data if you don’t believe me, they’re already going UNDER retail in some sizes lol

IMG_0043.jpeg

IMG_0045.jpeg

IMG_0044.jpeg
So because it’s secondary market price is low as of now it’s a mark against the shoe?

You know it’s more than likely due to the number of pairs that released already through shock drop and EA? That’s kind of what happens when you have so many opportunities to buy a shoe prior to actual release.

Also the sizes you chose to highlight are small footers and common sizes on the highest produced Jordan model of the year.

You know the cherry 11s last year were pretty much the same in the secondary market last year? And yet, they sold out last year just like they will more than likely this year and resale value will slowly creep up just like last years.

You also can’t really compare the “poor resale market of 2016-2018” to what resale is now. Considering how the economy/inflation is and how ppl aren’t really spending like that currently. I mean I’ve been selling shoes that normally would sell in a day or two, but are now taking weeks to sell and having reduce price just to move.

But again, you’re basing this whole argument of the 11s this year not being good/trash because they’re not giving you what you want.

So because it’s secondary market price is low as of now it’s a mark against the shoe?

You know it’s more than likely due to the number of pairs that released already through shock drop and EA? That’s kind of what happens when you have so many opportunities to buy a shoe prior to actual release.

Also the sizes you chose to highlight are small footers and common sizes on the highest produced Jordan model of the year.

You know the cherry 11s last year were pretty much the same in the secondary market last year? And yet, they sold out last year just like they will more than likely this year and resale value will slowly creep up just like last years.

You also can’t really compare the “poor resale market of 2016-2018” to what resale is now. Considering how the economy/inflation is and how ppl aren’t really spending like that currently. I mean I’ve been selling shoes that normally would sell in a day or two, but are now taking weeks to sell and having reduce price just to move.

But again, you’re basing this whole argument of the 11s this year not being good/trash because they’re not giving you what you want.
Yes because if you go back to my original comment I literally say I wish they would slow down releases and put more thought into them. By your own admission, people aren’t buying as many shoes as before so resale is harder. Nike/JB have decided to flood the market with trash so we’re seeing massive discounts on a lot of these cws. Both things can be true though-we’re given a flood of trash releases AND the resale market is bad. Why do you think it is either/or?

Again, it makes sense for Nike/JB but, as a sneakerhead, seeing them butcher some of my favorite shoes like the Air Jordan 1, 6, and 3 with horrible cws definitely irritates me. This is my opinion and I’m not asking you to agree-you might love what they’re putting out but taste is subjective so one man’s trash is another man’s treasure. That said, at the end of the day, it is their own IP and they can release what they want but it doesn’t mean we as consumers aren’t entitled to feel a certain type of way about it (hence why NT even exists).

If you enjoy what they doing right now in terms of releases (and it honestly seems like you do) then, by all means, eat up lol

Because I like the 11s (which was what I was responding to, that shoe in general you labeled as trash) doesn’t mean I’m enjoying everything they’re doing with releases:lol:. Have bought fewer shoes this year than I have in years, which is fine by me lol.

Yes because if you go back to my original comment I literally say I wish they would slow down releases and put more thought into them. By your own admission, people aren’t buying as many shoes as before so resale is harder. Nike/JB have decided to flood the market with trash so we’re seeing massive discounts on a lot of these cws. Both things can be true though-we’re given a flood of trash releases AND the resale market is bad. Why do you think it is either/or?

Again, it makes sense for Nike/JB but, as a sneakerhead, seeing them butcher some of my favorite shoes like the Air Jordan 1, 6, and 3 with horrible cws definitely irritates me. This is my opinion and I’m not asking you to agree-you might love what they’re putting out but taste is subjective so one man’s trash is another man’s treasure. That said, at the end of the day, it is their own IP and they can release what they want but it doesn’t mean we as consumers aren’t entitled to feel a certain type of way about it (hence why NT even exists).

If you enjoy what they doing right now in terms of releases (and it honestly seems like you do) then, by all means, eat up lol

You do realize you aren't the only one in the world and that some people like these "trash" colorways.

Why can't you dudes just buy what you like and stop whining and not buy what you don't like. It's weird to see adult men do this endlessly.

You do realize you aren't the only one in the world and that some people like these "trash" colorways.

Why can't you dudes just buy what you like and stop whining and not buy what you don't like. It's weird to see adult men do this endlessly.
This you?

IMG_0050.jpeg

IMG_0051.jpeg

How long do you think it took me to type up those two sentences? Meanwhile you've been typing for several days and you do it constantly. I don't have to go to September.
You’re right, you keep your whining and complaining short and sweet lol

Got my pair from dtlr yesterday... I like them a lot but don't like the jizz stain on a DS shoe... So might buy a pair locally and return my jizz pair to the local store...
20231127_201916.jpg

20231128_203004.jpg

It's weird seeing so many Jordan's sit. I understand the economy is rough at the moment but it's been a long time since any Jordan sold out including somewhat hyped shoes.

This is the backlash of Jordan Brand oversaturating the market every single month. Back in the mid 00s and even earlier than that, Jordans only release once per month and that have people time to save up for said release. It also generated a lot of hype leading up to release date. Now with Jordans releasing every month, in addition to inflated prices that are nearly 50-100% more than they used to retail for, people can’t afford every release and these releases sit.

Back
Top Bottom