AJ III Retro Turnover Rate

Originally Posted by frank148925

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

COMES DOWN TO PEOPLE SPENDING MONEY THEY DON'T HAVE.

THEY COP TO TRY AND FIT IN AND BE TRENDY LIKE EVERYONE ELSE AND POST IN THE SNEAKER SHOWCASE FOR THE E-PROPS AND PLETHORA OF "NICE COP!" AND SMOKING HAT EMOTICONS THAT GETS IN ABUSED IN THERE, BUT SOON AFTER THEY ARE TRYING TO RE-COUP THAT MONEY TO SPEND ON THEIR NECESSITIES (FOOD, RENT, BILLS, ETC.).

STILL NEVER UNDERSTAND WHY DUDES GET INTO COLLECTING WHEN THEY HAVE MORE IMPORTANT OBLIGATIONS OR ARE JUST GETTING BY? NOT GONNA NAME NAMES BUT I REMEMBER ONE POST IN GENERAL WHERE ONE GUY WAS TALKING ABOUT LOSING HIS JOB AND GETTING UNEMPLOYMENT TO GET BY BUT IN HIS SIG HE LISTS SHOES HE'S LOOKING TO BUY AND WAS POSTING PICKUPS IN SNEAKER SHOWCASE. WITH A WIFE AND KID TO TAKE CARE OF. WHAT PART OF THE GAME IS THAT?

IF I WASN'T IN A COMFORTABLE SPOT IN MY LIFE RIGHT NOW, I WOULD NOT BE COLLECTING SHOES.

BUT BACK TO YOUR QUESTION, IMO IT COMES DOWN TO PEOPLE NOT MANAGING THEIR MONEY RIGHT AND HAVING TO RE-COUP COSTS.
who are u to judge anyone just cause hes in unemployment does not mean he should stop collecting...if u know any thing about collecting is that a true collector never stops no matter what the circumstance... i understand the priority @*++ but dont be bashing on people on here ...and dont be hating on others that guy might have more heat than you with a wife kids and unemployment

I'm sorry but that is the dumbest statement I've read, even for Jordan forum standards, in a long while.  

THEY COP TO TRY AND FIT IN AND BE TRENDY LIKE EVERYONE ELSE AND POST IN THE SNEAKER SHOWCASE FOR THE E-PROPS AND PLETHORA OF "NICE COP!" AND SMOKING HAT EMOTICONS THAT GETS IN ABUSED IN THERE, BUT SOON AFTER THEY ARE TRYING TO RE-COUP THAT MONEY TO SPEND ON THEIR NECESSITIES (FOOD, RENT, BILLS, ETC.).

STILL NEVER UNDERSTAND WHY DUDES GET INTO COLLECTING WHEN THEY HAVE MORE IMPORTANT OBLIGATIONS OR ARE JUST GETTING BY? NOT GONNA NAME NAMES BUT I REMEMBER ONE POST IN GENERAL WHERE ONE GUY WAS TALKING ABOUT LOSING HIS JOB AND GETTING UNEMPLOYMENT TO GET BY BUT IN HIS SIG HE LISTS SHOES HE'S LOOKING TO BUY AND WAS POSTING PICKUPS IN SNEAKER SHOWCASE. WITH A WIFE AND KID TO TAKE CARE OF. WHAT PART OF THE GAME IS THAT?

IF I WASN'T IN A COMFORTABLE SPOT IN MY LIFE RIGHT NOW, I WOULD NOT BE COLLECTING SHOES.

BUT BACK TO YOUR QUESTION, IMO IT COMES DOWN TO PEOPLE NOT MANAGING THEIR MONEY RIGHT AND HAVING TO RE-COUP COSTS.
who are u to judge anyone just cause hes in unemployment does not mean he should stop collecting...if u know any thing about collecting is that a true collector never stops no matter what the circumstance... i understand the priority @*++ but dont be bashing on people on here ...and dont be hating on others that guy might have more heat than you with a wife kids and unemployment

I'm sorry but that is the dumbest statement I've read, even for Jordan forum standards, in a long while.  

Originally Posted by woody23

Personally I wont wear a release for at least a year after it drops because I hate walking around and seeing everyone with the same pair on.
i also dont mind having my sneakers sit in the closet for a little bit while the hype dies down and you see less of them in the streets. i dont subscribe to the idea that the latest is the greatest. just that i rock what i like when i feel like it.

I remember I wore my black and red 11's the week after the cool greys dropped this year and I had kids coming up saying, "Rockin the old ones because you missed out on the new! haha"

I didnt even set him straight that I had my pair. It just kinda blew my mind that shoes are only in right after they drop anymore and they become "old". The older the better in my book

i was having a conversation with this chick, and her definition of 'old shoes' is anything that dropped more than 3 months ago. i couldnt believe it...

Personally I wont wear a release for at least a year after it drops because I hate walking around and seeing everyone with the same pair on.
i also dont mind having my sneakers sit in the closet for a little bit while the hype dies down and you see less of them in the streets. i dont subscribe to the idea that the latest is the greatest. just that i rock what i like when i feel like it.

I remember I wore my black and red 11's the week after the cool greys dropped this year and I had kids coming up saying, "Rockin the old ones because you missed out on the new! haha"

I didnt even set him straight that I had my pair. It just kinda blew my mind that shoes are only in right after they drop anymore and they become "old". The older the better in my book

i was having a conversation with this chick, and her definition of 'old shoes' is anything that dropped more than 3 months ago. i couldnt believe it...

wow..just wow. no offense but you're a ******. raising a family should come before collecting sneakers. i hope for your sake that you're 15 thinking like that, because if not your priorities are allllll messed up.

wow..just wow. no offense but you're a ******. raising a family should come before collecting sneakers. i hope for your sake that you're 15 thinking like that, because if not your priorities are allllll messed up.

^ word up. your life and responsiblities should always be greater than material goods. "A TRUE COLLECTOR NEVER STOPS NO MATTER WHAT THE CIRCUMSTANCE" worst thing i've read all day. lmfao.

^ word up. your life and responsiblities should always be greater than material goods. "A TRUE COLLECTOR NEVER STOPS NO MATTER WHAT THE CIRCUMSTANCE" worst thing i've read all day. lmfao.

Yea it seems like people buy with the hype.

Personally I wont wear a release for at least a year after it drops because I hate walking around and seeing everyone with the same pair on. The older the release the fresher it is in my mind.

Wow. I would have thought those kids would value your black and red 11s more. 

Yea it seems like people buy with the hype.

Personally I wont wear a release for at least a year after it drops because I hate walking around and seeing everyone with the same pair on. The older the release the fresher it is in my mind.

Wow. I would have thought those kids would value your black and red 11s more. 

that was unbelievably sad. i feel bad for your family.

that was unbelievably sad. i feel bad for your family.

Originally Posted by jordan3cement

Originally Posted by donttalkitlivit

I havent grabbed a pair of 3's since the Fire red / Cool grey's a couple years ago. I wanted Cements, but they just werent up 2 par.

tired.gif
 how is this so? i never understood how people could compare shoes they never bought or owned. whatever.
i will say i did like the leather on the 03's a tad bit more, but the overall shape and construction of the 2011 is on point. box was a nice touch too. didn't like the price hike tho. it will take a few years for people to catch on and watch people pay the price when these aren't as available as they are now.

anyways i see this release much like the cool grey xi's. places started claiming "limited" and people thought they were gonna double up on some cash and that sure didn't happen. i see them go on craigslist for around 130 ds and around 100 for a lightly worn pair sometimes. yet the 03 version was going for 350+ before the 2011 was brought up for release. go figure.

this is my favorite shoe of all time (obviously) so i don't concern myself around the hype. i got mines, i suggest if you really like these you get them now too 
pimp.gif
$130 ds. I need to start looking harder.

Originally Posted by jordan3cement

Originally Posted by donttalkitlivit

I havent grabbed a pair of 3's since the Fire red / Cool grey's a couple years ago. I wanted Cements, but they just werent up 2 par.

tired.gif
 how is this so? i never understood how people could compare shoes they never bought or owned. whatever.
i will say i did like the leather on the 03's a tad bit more, but the overall shape and construction of the 2011 is on point. box was a nice touch too. didn't like the price hike tho. it will take a few years for people to catch on and watch people pay the price when these aren't as available as they are now.

anyways i see this release much like the cool grey xi's. places started claiming "limited" and people thought they were gonna double up on some cash and that sure didn't happen. i see them go on craigslist for around 130 ds and around 100 for a lightly worn pair sometimes. yet the 03 version was going for 350+ before the 2011 was brought up for release. go figure.

this is my favorite shoe of all time (obviously) so i don't concern myself around the hype. i got mines, i suggest if you really like these you get them now too 
pimp.gif
$130 ds. I need to start looking harder.

funny thing is that da sneaker culture USED to be like that...old jordans were just that...old

everyone wanted da latest and greatest.

but yeah im da same way, i wait for years to rock new pairs of kicks just so i don't see cats with em on their feet.

funny thing is that da sneaker culture USED to be like that...old jordans were just that...old

everyone wanted da latest and greatest.

but yeah im da same way, i wait for years to rock new pairs of kicks just so i don't see cats with em on their feet.

I got the cements, I wore them once, they're closet. Didn't get a precreased pair. They look DS still... I think the turnover rate is due to people worrying about cracking while also wanting to buy something else or in need of money. Some people impulse then decide they really don't like it. As far the latest/greatest comment is concern... I've worn my aquas, grapes, black/red XI and black/red XIIIs more in the last month than any of the other 15 or so sneakers in the closet. Everytime I've worn them, someone has said something. But its not about that. They're my personal grails for those #'ered shoes and I enjoy wearing them the most. I remember the day cool greys dropped, went in the mall with 2000 fire reds on and all I saw was cool greys all around. Talked to a few sneaker guys wearing their cool greys on release day and all that ensued was a big conversation about the Vs.

I got the cements, I wore them once, they're closet. Didn't get a precreased pair. They look DS still... I think the turnover rate is due to people worrying about cracking while also wanting to buy something else or in need of money. Some people impulse then decide they really don't like it. As far the latest/greatest comment is concern... I've worn my aquas, grapes, black/red XI and black/red XIIIs more in the last month than any of the other 15 or so sneakers in the closet. Everytime I've worn them, someone has said something. But its not about that. They're my personal grails for those #'ered shoes and I enjoy wearing them the most. I remember the day cool greys dropped, went in the mall with 2000 fire reds on and all I saw was cool greys all around. Talked to a few sneaker guys wearing their cool greys on release day and all that ensued was a big conversation about the Vs.

let these clowns double or even triple up on the cements

if i could get a DS pair by doing a local meet up in a size 9 for $110.00 or under i would jump on it

because i love when nike makes hundreds of thousands of pairs and these new jack resellers take a loss

as long as these dudes sit on there pairs the price will be a great reason to low ball down the line

i know how it is for a nickel and dime reseller because i am one

Back
Top Bottom