AJ IV, V, VI, durabuck, nubuck, suede, and what it is that makes people so heated.

One comparison that really got me into quality standards, 1998 XIV Blk/Red vs the Retro's from a few years ago. It had been so long since I had that shoe in my hand at the time...(lets say 6 years) I looked at the suede and said..."I THINK it was the same" the retros have a JET black appearance BUT glue stains and ashy out the box got me 
mad.gif
 Just recently I purchased the OG's DS and the shoe looks WAY more FINISHED and the nubuck-like suede on it is so soft and PERFECT...no stains....no yoga flame ash...just a jordan shoe in its prime. Here's some pictures for comparison. If anything I want some of the younger heads to learn the difference just so IF you must hype up a shoe....do it for the right reason..(.QUALITY) Not just rarity.
OG's from 1998 (lower and finer suede...matching the black leather precisely)

smokin.gif

RETRO'S  
tired.gif
 (high and blacker suede...notice this is DS and the toe box already looks a bit ashy...glue stains anyone?) Not bad but,,,,not OG..

air-jordan-14-xiv-retro-final-last-shot-black-varsity-red-black-5.png
air-jordan-14-xiv-retro-final-last-shot-black-varsity-red-black-7.png

Most people complain cause they see others on here doing it..that's why I rarely come in the JB forum..but yet they still buy the shoe on RD

Originally Posted by imazing1201

Originally Posted by bigj505

all of that text looked like this to me:
24698.gif

laugh.gif

definitely need to double space.  

to respond to the issue at hand.  

i like nubuck better than suede because it doesn't seem as black and you can see more detail.
hahahaha,
laugh.gif
 It does hurt your eyes but I understand what homie is sayin.

Originally Posted by sparklecity SC

Most people complain cause they see others on here doing it..that's why I rarely come in the JB forum..but yet they still buy the shoe on RD

Not trying to disrespect Fam but call people out cause theres people who say this but i never see it.

Edit: You have SC in your SN
grin.gif

Guys, one thing; there is NO SUEDE ON ANY OF THESE SHOES. The original and first Retro's IV, V & VI were DURABUCK. The 2010 VI is NUBUCK. End of. What the debate is for I have no idea.

The real thing missing off the VI (wasn't on the 2000s either) is the Scotchlite. Anyone miss that but me???

And for the record, the material used on the VIs now is actually SUPERIOR quality, in theory, and is definitely more expensive. It doens't LOOK good thoughj. And imo, it is not RIGHT that they use it. However, it is what it is, if you don't like em, don't buy em!

Originally Posted by juggy4805

So it is the same as the Nubuck 12's then.

original "nubuck" 12's were actually durabuck, da retro of da same colorway was when it was actually nubuck/ashy suede

To all of you; realize nothing stays the same forever, except God and Jesus.  So with that being said let's just be glad we're getting some much wanted retros.  I too would love to get J's in their original materials and quality, BUT, it is what it is.

Holla back!!!

Originally Posted by Mac4167

thanks for the read, me personally it doesnt really matter if they put durabuck, nubuck, suede or even freaking leather, if i like it then i buy, if not then keep it moving people make to much of this issue and do nothing but complain. sorry, felt like venting because all ive been reading lately is freaking complaining.
   ^ I agree 1000%. That's the bottom line. And, for all of you people complaining about the text, you should read more often, it wasn't that long of a passage. Smh...

Originally Posted by Brandon3000

laugh.gif
you me and the next man are still copping so whats the point of this thread?

noob

NOT SO. I havent bought anything since the black 2009s last April. No 12s, no spacejams, no nothing. JB does not have all of us by the scrotum.

^ If you're so fed up go and ask your friend who's "deep in JB" to ask the decision makers (because he's obviously not one of them) to make some changes for everyone's benefit.

Come back to us when you have an answer from Mr Humphrey.

I might I add, I hope all the *****ing about materials and every other damn thing (including your theory the pack isn't dropping) moves from the infrared thread and into your thread.

No offense of course.

Where do synthetics come into play here? I know with other Nike branded shoes, they have gone from Pure full grain materials originally, down through many phases, to its current state of synthetic crap. Yet at the same time, the designers themselves call these materials more durable, lighter, and just overall "better".

retro makes the difference, retro does not have performance material enhancements, minus player editions. the suede was just a toss up i believe.

Originally Posted by 23RAKIM45

^ If you're so fed up go and ask your friend who's "deep in JB" to ask the decision makers (because he's obviously not one of them) to make some changes for everyone's benefit.

humphrey is almost never around, and if he found out i was phishing ?s for a bunch of men collecting tennis shoes, i would get fired. the other thing is, my boy does not even have access to what retro does with many releases, he didnt even know about the suede on the v-red vi.

The OG's had durabuck there for people want the retro's to have it too simple

People like when the Retros are as close to the OG's as possible and thats the real reason

New nice looks colorways is acceptation tho

Just one question.....

What is "infared"? I know there's something called INFRARED but I've never heard of what you are speaking of...SMH at people "loving" that color but not even naming/spelling it right....Gotta love the JB forum

Originally Posted by RockwellFontana

Originally Posted by 23RAKIM45

humphrey is almost never around, and if he found out i was phishing ?s for a bunch of men collecting tennis shoes, i would get fired. the other thing is, my boy does not even have access to what retro does with many releases, he didnt even know about the suede on the v-red vi.
Obviously your "boy" doesn't know much since he has no access to what retro does and the fact that there was suede on the Varsity Red VI's...

I always thought of it like this; JB doesn't ALWAYS stick to a shoes original look when they decide to retro them on purpose.

why?

because, they know...we know...that there are only a select few of people who still have their OG's or earlier retros that can be considered OG to this day, and they're trying to keep it like that...

don't understand?..

ok, to those of you who have the 00 retro 6, or even the OG..they're THAT much more special to you because they havent came out again, right?..imagine if the bred VI came out just like the OG..then the OG's value and sentimental value would go down the drain..i see it as a way to distinct the OG collectors/long time JB connisuers to those newcomers.

P.S. a lot of people wearing Jordans now-a-days dont even know the story, they just know the logo...keep that in mind!

Back
Top Bottom