AJ XIII OG vs 2011 retros (shape, midsole, coloring)

recently i finally tried the AJ XIII 2011 retros in both colorways Frenchblues and the ASGs.
I finally noticed that the shape of the shoe is much different to the OGs from 1997/98 when you look at them

from the top. While the OGs looked like rounded in one streamline (like a seal), the retroes have the midsoles

with the white pods sticking out much and the shoe torso itself is less round shaped but slim.

Then the biggest difference in terms of feeling is the midsole density. While the OGs were made with very soft 

and extremely flexible material, the 2011 retros feel the same like the 2005 retros, being much more stiff.

Not saying that it would be worse because i personally prefer shoes with more stiffer sole to play basketball,

but they just feel like two different kind of shoes. It is like the opposite of the OG AJ XII and retro AJ XII,

where the retros were much softer compared to the bulky and stiff OGs.

In terms of coloring i think it is a typical Jordan Brand phenomena that they often changed the colors on the  retro shoes,

except on the AJ XI 2010 and 2011 retros so far. On the Space Jams, they only changed the tag on the tongue,

saying "Jumpman Jordan" instead of "Jordan Jam" (2000 retro).

recently i finally tried the AJ XIII 2011 retros in both colorways Frenchblues and the ASGs.
I finally noticed that the shape of the shoe is much different to the OGs from 1997/98 when you look at them

from the top. While the OGs looked like rounded in one streamline (like a seal), the retroes have the midsoles

with the white pods sticking out much and the shoe torso itself is less round shaped but slim.

Then the biggest difference in terms of feeling is the midsole density. While the OGs were made with very soft 

and extremely flexible material, the 2011 retros feel the same like the 2005 retros, being much more stiff.

Not saying that it would be worse because i personally prefer shoes with more stiffer sole to play basketball,

but they just feel like two different kind of shoes. It is like the opposite of the OG AJ XII and retro AJ XII,

where the retros were much softer compared to the bulky and stiff OGs.

In terms of coloring i think it is a typical Jordan Brand phenomena that they often changed the colors on the  retro shoes,

except on the AJ XI 2010 and 2011 retros so far. On the Space Jams, they only changed the tag on the tongue,

saying "Jumpman Jordan" instead of "Jordan Jam" (2000 retro).

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

This thread is useless without pics
in terms of the sticking out pods, yeah you are right. But you cannot display the midsole density through pics. 
You actually have to wear them personally to feel the big difference.

Anyway, if someone owns the OGs and the 2011 retros and can post pics from the top of each, please do it.

Thanks ^^

in terms of the sticking out pods, yeah you are right. But you cannot display the midsole density through pics. 
You actually have to wear them personally to feel the big difference.

Anyway, if someone owns the OGs and the 2011 retros and can post pics from the top of each, please do it.

Thanks ^^

www.TTIWWOP.net

this_thread_is_worthless_without_pics.gif

Back
Top Bottom