AJ XXX (30)

Just peeping these for the first time. Love the details and how they made the XXX look like a net.

Can't wait to see other colorways...

It's hard to see because their clear, but the pattern of the XXX is the same pattern on the midsole. The traction pattern is actually a phrase that says "Excellence is never second place"
wow cool to know. sole doesn't even matter to me anymore lol. at least its not an exact copy

Last edited:
I mentioned how some Jordan's weren't well received earlier in this thread and was told I was wrong :rollin

The 7's, first shoe released were the Bordeux's. Looked like boots and had nothing to do with a Bulls jersey.

The 8's had Air Raid like straps and people complained about the carpet look on the tongue.

The 9's first colorway was the White/Black, the shoes looked like moon boots at the time. Let's not mention the Olive colorway that was on discount because most everyone didn't like them.

The 10's, kinda basic and not that "Wow" factor when they were first seen.

These were popular opinions of the shoes when they were released. The shoes grew on you as more colorways were released and you saw them more.

You have to remember that people that tell you you are wrong just don't know any better.

You'd really have to define what 'not received well' is. I'm over your age limit, played basketball on multiple teams during this time in the north east, and spent plenty of time in a highly populated city (NYC). Seeing a lot of people having these for both fashion and basketball. All the styles were polarizing designs and pushed the envelope for that time. However were always cutting edge performance wise, and radical design wise, not not received well just doesn't line up with the actual sales numbers of every shoe you mentioned.

A lot of what you have is your opinion however when measured with actual sales (people voting with their dollars) aren't aligned with what actually happened. Many OG Jordan's were discounted, I bought before release day below MSRP many times and others did, different times and rules of retailers. You can google old Eastbay ads and see discounted catalogue pages. Even with this, they were the best selling or one of the best selling basketball shoes each year.

The 7s look like boots to you, OK? The 8s straps are very different than the Air Raids which were designed for outdoor basketball at a time against a reebok product. The 9s look like moon boots, OK? The 9s are the only Jordan during his playing career he didn't play in. And the 10s are basic, OK......all the opinion of one person. The sales numbers and history greatly disagree.

A similar comment is when people say retro jordans are dead....they're the top selling shoe every week one releases vs. the field

Last edited:
I just noticed in the pic up above that the zoom air bag is positioned differently than the 29.

Like they turned it to be like on the super fly.

You'd really have to define what 'not received well' is. I'm over your age limit, played basketball on multiple teams during this time in the north east, and spent plenty of time in a highly populated city (NYC). Seeing a lot of people having these for both fashion and basketball. All the styles were polarizing designs and pushed the envelope for that time. However were always cutting edge performance wise, and radical design wise, not not received well just doesn't line up with the actual sales numbers of every shoe you mentioned.

A lot of what you have is your opinion however when measured with actual sales (people voting with their dollars) aren't aligned with what actually happened. Many OG Jordan's were discounted, I bought before release day below MSRP many times and others did, different times and rules of retailers. You can google old Eastbay ads and see discounted catalogue pages. Even with this, they were the best selling or one of the best selling basketball shoes each year.

The 7s look like boots to you, OK? The 8s straps are very different than the Air Raids which were designed for outdoor basketball at a time against a reebok product. The 9s look like moon boots, OK? The 9s are the only Jordan during his playing career he didn't play in. And the 10s are basic, OK......all the opinion of one person. The sales numbers and history greatly disagree.

A similar comment is when people say retro jordans are dead....they're the top selling shoe every week one releases vs. the field

When I say "Not well received" it means that they weren't immediately loved like Jordan's 1-6. Yes they did sell well because they were a status symbol and recognized as the best basketball shoe each and every year. Many pairs still ended up on sale.

If I remember correctly the 7 Bordeaux's were the first pair of 7's released. They looked like no shoe before it, the color's made the sho not look like a basketball shoe so yes I said boots.

Like you said, all of the models when released were cutting edge and cutting edge designs aren't always well received.

Air Raids came out in 1992, the 8's came out in 1993. The straps ran across the 8's forefoot in the same manner as the forefoot on the Air Raids. So realistically speaking, it doesn't matter what the Air Raids were made for indoor or outdoor the 8's copied that design and it was noticed.

You've had a lot of time to gather your opinion on the models of Jordan's that I spoke about, what I'm trying to convey to the board is the initial thoughts on the shoes when they were first made viewable to the public in their original colorway.

Last edited:
When I say "Not well received" it means that they weren't immediately loved like Jordan's 1-6. Yes they did sell well because they were a status symbol and recognized as the best basketball shoe each and every year. Many pairs still ended up on sale.

If I remember correctly the 7 Bordeaux's were the first pair of 7's released. They looked like no shoe before it, the color's made the sho not look like a basketball shoe so yes I said boots.

Like you said, all of the models when released were cutting edge and cutting edge designs aren't always well received.

Air Raids came out in 1992, the 8's came out in 1993. The straps ran across the 8's forefoot in the same manner as the forefoot on the Air Raids. So realistically speaking, it doesn't matter what the Air Raids were made for indoor or outdoor the 8's copied that design and it was noticed.

You've had a lot of time to gather your opinion on the models of Jordan's that I spoke about, what I'm trying to convey to the board is the initial thoughts on the shoes when they were first made viewable to the public in their original colorway.

Thanks for clarifying. I guess it's difficult for me to see how your personal opinion can be generalized across 4 models and 4 years. Just because you didn't immediately like them doesn't mean others didn't.

At the end of the day people buy what they like and a lot of people bought and liked all the models you mentioned. They bought so many a brand was built off the signature shoe.

Lol at tinker sonning someone. 3,4 and 5 midsole all look different.

It's obvious they are tweaked. But thinking he is sonning someone with that excuse is laughable.

My biggest problem with the shoe is that it is the third year in a row with the same sole and setup. The xx8 started it but kept popping. The xx9 improved it with better material and a tendril for transitioning from heel to toe. This is just the 29.5. 3 yrs of the same thing. I think it's okay to say what the hell when they are making slight improvements when Jordan signed used to be cutting edge technology that shocks or makes us rethink . Seems like they only care about Retro business and rapper collaborative shoes. I give a pass on the Kobe and the LeBron even the under armour curry shoes to give a slight change every year. That is standard but This is Jordan signature shoe though. The expectation is to be the most unique and innovative and cutting edge technology there is out there no matter how controversial or ugly. Not to retool the same shoe for 3 yrs. I seen some ugly js after the 14 but they all are made with the thought to push the idea of basketball shoes to be greater. Seems like they are just content now and no longer trying to do something provocative that will change the way basketball shoes are performing.

idt jb had any intention of copying your design with the 29. it's not totally out of the realm of possibility that perhaps they thought of it on their own. they've done it with shirts before not like they couldn't think of using an abnormally large jumpman

nike has ripped off a design before. the flightposite 3 design from a niketalker. i think he eventually got a job from them afterwards lol

I would understand if the sole and tech were unresponsive and uncomfortable but the sole is actually money which is why they didn't change it. Just like the lebron 12 and the lebron 13, the tech has peaked at that moment. They give us the best looking Jordan since arguably the 17's and 18's and here we are complaining

lol he colored the jumpmans in?
mean.gif
 just makes the horrible sizing/placement stick out further. These have the 2nd worst jumpman branding of all time next to the 29. at least they're being consistent.

Last edited:
nike has ripped off a design before. the flightposite 3 design from a niketalker. i think he eventually got a job from them afterwards lol
I'm not saying they wouldn't, I just highly doubt this one had anything to do with the 29 design process

Last edited:
FP3 has dat bouncy feel that I haven't experience since. Prays for a retro.

they probably wont feel the same though

i had 3 pairs of the fp3 and would take the full length zoom air insoles out and put them in all my other shoes

the gp iv had the thickest removeable insole ive ever seen though not as comfortable as the fp3 insole

i do think the fp2 insole was the best performance wise as it was more flexible because it was heel and forefoot zoom only

Ths shoe is my favorite Non-Retro Jordan in a while. Didn't but any XX9 or XX8 but have heard they are performance beast. Why change the design significantly if it works. Hyper" anything doesn't change very much (last couple have) Fixed the issues, great.

If y'all don't like it don't buy any. It's simple (including that galaxy color if it drops)

Can't wait to pick up in march. Feb has wayyyy to much stuff dropping

Back
Top Bottom