AJ XXX (30)

The last sig jordans I bought were the 28 se. Couldn' bring myself to buy the 29s with just phylon in the heel that will eventually bottom out The early jordans did have a PU midsole and you could most definitely feel the air units on all the OG jordans back in the day

But you do know that air units lose pressure too after many wearings right?

Most durable cushioning system nike invented were the shox. Unfortunately the deaign Element is limited and the sole separation still happens.

Ths shoe is my favorite Non-Retro Jordan in a while. Didn't but any XX9 or XX8 but have heard they are performance beast. Why change the design significantly if it works. Hyper" anything doesn't change very much (last couple have) Fixed the issues, great.

If y'all don't like it don't buy any. It's simple (including that galaxy color if it drops)

Can't wait to pick up in march. Feb has wayyyy to much stuff dropping

Why? Because it's possible to change the shape of the midsoles to a certain degree without affecting the performance and the outsole too. The Jumpman could be moved to a center of the forefoot and the xxx reduced in small size and slapped it elsewhere.

The 2012's (27) were performance beasts too. I love to ball in them more than in the 28 because i prefer more stability.
The 30 look ok, but they could clearly changed the look of the sole more.
The only differences i see compared to the 29 are:
-XXX slapped over the zoom unit area
-different outsole pattern
-shiny part on the sides (galaxy look)

Last edited:
The materials on xxx are great but the design is ugly mainly the xxx on the heel makes the shoe ugly

I gotta see that up close

Another thing about these....and i cant really put it into words....but you know in the mid and late 90s with certain models like the 11 or 12 or 13 (probably 2-10 too).......when your boys got em, or even people you dont know...youd be like "yooo you got the new jordans??!!" "Those the new jordans!!??

Like in the show martin...how they were percieved lol.

They weren't really like that after the 20 in my opinion.

The 29s were sorta like that because of that big *** jumpman.

But these are like that.
To me at least

Dunno if that makes sense.

Last edited:
ALL this talk about switching insoles and newest tech in bball got me to showing yall something. I've been testing hybrids for years and take this all very serious. This is what being a sneaker head is about. Grabbing the newest js and customizing them to their fullest potential.
The lebron 11 with the jordan 2012(27) removable bootie and fly over in sole is a hurache foamposite air max. The closure Literally wraps around the bron toungue perfectly, and the low top is just smooth

Lebron iv + lebron xi lunar insole = GREATEST LEBRON shoe ever created. Super heavy but your locked in. Foam material (real posite for the early 00s) with the correct tech and correct insole to maximize the posite around your foot. The theme is hurache strap, ANY full zoom and foam (flightplate, carbon fiber are lighter of course if foam too heavy)

Jordan 2012 (27) + lebron 11 lunar insole: best shoe because real carbon fiber and my foot always shifted with the 2012 insoles, with the lunar it is thicker and locks your foot in and also flexes with the flywire Almost better than, but Great alternative to.....

Jordan 28s with jordan 27 insoles basically the jordan 29. double stacked air on flight plate... even popped pairs with the full length air insole inserted is better than the the stock 2012 tech. (Losers at nike, all behind in their thinking, I tell ya)

Jordan 29 with a dr. scholles AND a nike forefoot/ heel zoom insole. Basically my jordan xxx, and the 2nd best shoe in rotation at the moment.

Maybe I'll reveal the best bball shoe I have soon. For now I'm good with all these and hyperposite 1s until the air jordan 31s, probably a mediocre shoe in the making.

View media item 1871435
View media item 1871440
View media item 1871442

Last edited:
That's what every one was expecting with these.
Something to make these stand out from the crowd.
I say we keep telling Tinker and his team how uninspiring the 30 is to all of us.
That will make him get back in the lab and "create" something, instead of recreating or copying something.

I wore my 21s today and the attempts to create a shoe that resembled a car are extremely noticeable.
So to design a shoe to resemble a basketball net is not what we would expect from JB.

That's what every one was expecting with these.
Something to make these stand out from the crowd.
I say we keep telling Tinker and his team how uninspiring the 30 is to all of us.
That will make him get back in the lab and "create" something, instead of recreating or copying something.

I wore my 21s today and the attempts to create a shoe that resembled a car are extremely noticeable.
So to design a shoe to resemble a basketball net is not what we would expect from JB.

Or the jordan xx2 with the leather basketball material. Nike, man.

Why? Because it's possible to change the shape of the midsoles to a certain degree without affecting the performance and the outsole too. The Jumpman could be moved to a center of the forefoot and the xxx reduced in small size and slapped it elsewhere.

The 2012's (27) were performance beasts too. I love to ball in them more than in the 28 because i prefer more stability.
The 30 look ok, but they could clearly changed the look of the sole more.
The only differences i see compared to the 29 are:
-XXX slapped over the zoom unit area
-different outsole pattern
-shiny part on the sides (galaxy look)
QFT

-the 30 also have the plastic guard all the way around instead of cutting off at the middle. 

to someone else's point about these being a .5 shoe (or SE like the 19); i would disagree. a .5 shoe like the 18.5 were not a better shoe than the regular 18. just as the 19 SE were not a better shoe than the regular 19. just off the top of my head for AJs that came out with a .5/SE; the 17, 18, 19, 21, and 22. all of them were worst than the regular version besides the 17 and were made cheaper than their regular counterpart.. to say the 30 is a 29.5 is wrong because they obviously tried and improved the upper of the shoe. I had a lot of these .5/SE shoes as well, namely the 18,19, and 22 and i always went back to play in the normal version of these shoes. 

the thing i find funny is that we expect "new & innovation" with new Air Jordans (including me), but we are okay with the Kobes for the 4th year in the row basically being the same damn shoe & we are okay with the LeBron that gave us 4 shoes that used the exact midsole/outsole (speaking of the lebron lows) & we were okay with KD 1-2 uses the same midsole.

Last edited:

Another thing about these....and i cant really put it into words....but you know in the mid and late 90s with certain models like the 11 or 12 or 13 (probably 2-10 too).......when your boys got em, or even people you dont know...youd be like "yooo you got the new jordans??!!" "Those the new jordans!!??

But these are like that.
To me at least

No you all alone on an island with that lol

The new air jordan aura died a long time ago basically because jordan is a distant memory to most

A few years after jordan officially retired from the wizards is the last time he was still on most minds.

Its all about a player being active

I think it is just me lol.
i remember when the 19s came out and my friend got em i was like :wow: where are the laces? !!??

Yea wen he stopped playing that kinda killed that.

Since we are talking about tech used and cushioning I'm just going to ask this here in hopes of a response...

Any recommendations on an insole to buy to mimic the feel of zoom/air?

I have a few olders pairs with deflated zoom that I would still like to wear as the uppers are in good shape still. On my CDP Taxis the right shoe partially deflated so that foot feels like walking on mush while the other is still fine. LeBron IIs both zoom bags deflated out and got some fixable sole separation. But that deflated zoom kills the comfort of the shoes. Any help is appreciated.

ALL this talk about switching insoles and newest tech in bball got me to showing yall something. I've been testing hybrids for years and take this all very serious. This is what being a sneaker head is about. Grabbing the newest js and customizing them to their fullest potential.
The lebron 11 with the jordan 2012(27) removable bootie and fly over in sole is a hurache foamposite air max. The closure Literally wraps around the bron toungue perfectly, and the low top is just smooth
i'm curious if you even wear TTS? 

i'm asking because i have the 2012, lebron 11, kobe 9, xx8, etc. I wear TTS sz11 and by doing what you are doing they're not even comfortable. 

-the inner bootie of the 2012 + midsoles in the lebron 11 shortens the length of the shoe which makes the already snug toe box unbearable.

-the lebron 11 insole in the 2012 with the high top bootie also makes the already snug fitting shoe unbearable. 

not saying what you are doing isn't possible, but it just simply doesn't work if you bought TTS. and i didn't even try them with socks. 

Last edited:

Holy cringe.

Who is this dude and why does he not know anything? Congratulations Tinker on being with Jordan for the entire 30 years I guess. Mustve been a real challenge designing the first 2 while having nothing to do with it. 

And how come whenever I see these two presenting the XXX its 20 minutes of 
ohwell.gif

ohwell.gif
 . You hear that stutter in Tinker's voice? That's the opposite of confidence. He know's he f'd up good. 

Whaat's the difference in the midsole on the 3

the 4

and the 5?

Zero. Nothing. They're exactly the same. 
Guess you need to make an appointment with your ophthalmologist. 

they probably wont feel the same though

i had 3 pairs of the fp3 and would take the full length zoom air insoles out and put them in all my other shoes

the gp iv had the thickest removeable insole ive ever seen though not as comfortable as the fp3 insole

i do think the fp2 insole was the best performance wise as it was more flexible because it was heel and forefoot zoom only

Ultraflight had a great zoom insole also, went through 5+ pairs

Last edited:
they probably wont feel the same though

i had 3 pairs of the fp3 and would take the full length zoom air insoles out and put them in all my other shoes

the gp iv had the thickest removeable insole ive ever seen though not as comfortable as the fp3 insole

i do think the fp2 insole was the best performance wise as it was more flexible because it was heel and forefoot zoom only

Ultraflight had a great zoom insole also, went through 5+ pairs

Another shoe that needs a retro

But these are like that.
To me at least

Makes perfect sense. I have not liked a signature Jordan model since the Air Jordan XX3. They halfway remind me of the 17's.

THE XXX HAD POTENTIAL.. BEST THING IS THE HEEL.. THE TOE BOX WOULDNT HAVE BEEN SO BAD IF NOT FOR THAT JUMPAN.. THE LONG SHAPE OF THE SHOE IS BAD AND SO IS THE MIDSOLE…

i'm curious if you even wear TTS? 

i'm asking because i have the 2012, lebron 11, kobe 9, xx8, etc. I wear TTS sz11 and by doing what you are doing they're not even comfortable. 

-the inner bootie of the 2012 + midsoles in the lebron 11 shortens the length of the shoe which makes the already snug toe box unbearable.

-the lebron 11 insole in the 2012 with the high top bootie also makes the already snug fitting shoe unbearable. 

not saying what you are doing isn't possible, but it just simply doesn't work if you bought TTS. and i didn't even try them with socks. 

That original post is pretty creative. It seems like he's Frankensteining shoes to create something, probably started with lacelocks and evolved from there. I wouldn't say sneakerheads do this, one has nothing to do with the other.

These shoes are designed and then tested extensively. The technology of each is widely known by the teams in the business, so I trust they'd pull from complimentary technologies to make a great performance sneaker.

Back
Top Bottom