Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bentley Ellis (White/Maroon/Yellow)

• Slim Jenkins (Black/Blue)

• Calvin Bailey (Royal Blue/Yellow)

• Total voters
Why are you worried about what dude wants to do with his family? Shoes are shoes no matter if they're sketchers or whatever. He just happens to want to put his family in Jordans. Why does that bother you? If he sounds like he's in high school, you sound like a complete *****.
His thinking. Did I disagree with him putting his family in Js? No, I didnt. I like it when families are a cohesive brand when they dress. I just disagree with his thinking about breaking necks. OPs account on him buying his girl and kids IXs didnt come off to me as shallow cause he's doing what a lot of do..Buy our girl a release whether she likes it or not.

No hate, not trying to get everyone to e-jump me..I just disagree with his thinking. 

His thinking. Did I disagree with him putting his family in Js? No, I didnt. I like it when families are a cohesive brand when they dress. I just disagree with his thinking about breaking necks. OPs account on him buying his girl and kids IXs didnt come off to me as shallow cause he's doing what a lot of do..Buy our girl a release whether she likes it or not.

No hate, not trying to get everyone to e-jump me..I just disagree with his thinking. 
Most people by kicks to break necks or for some other reason other than them being just shoes. If shoes were just shoes none of us would care about rocking Jordans over Pro Wings. I buy J's because I like them but I do like the feeling of people acknowledging that I'm fly. If there is something wrong with his thinking then there is something wrong with all of our thinking. We are all paying 175 for a pair of shoes when we don't have to.

Most people by kicks to break necks or for some other reason other than them being just shoes. If shoes were just shoes none of us would care about rocking Jordans over Pro Wings. I buy J's because I like them but I do like the feeling of people acknowledging that I'm fly. If there is something wrong with his thinking then there is something wrong with all of our thinking. We are all paying 175 for a pair of shoes when we don't have to.
I buy shoes cause I like them, not for anyone else. 

How old are you? I'm 32, I dont dress to impress other males. I dont buy X shoe to break necks. 

Surprised the Kilorys didn't sell out quicker. I went to footlocker at 8 and was 3rd person to be there.

I buy shoes cause I like them, not for anyone else. 

How old are you? I'm 32, I dont dress to impress other males. I dont buy X shoe to break necks. 
Yea we all buy shoes because we allegedly like them but why do you like them? What conditioned you to like them? You had to be conditioned to like Jordans or Nike just like everyone else. You weren't born into this world knowing the difference between anything until someone told you there was a difference.

These are a lot better in person. I'm really feelin my pair I think it has something to do with that 4:nerd:

Yea we all buy shoes because we allegedly like them but why do you like them? What conditioned you to like them? You had to be conditioned to like Jordans or Nike just like everyone else. You weren't born into this world knowing the difference between anything until someone told you there was a difference.
Are you serious? We're talking about shoes not a social construct.

I grew up on Martin and MJ playing. I bought shoes cause I wanted to be the athletes and Martin I saw on TV. Not once have I ever bought a shoe with the mentality of "oooh can't wait to breaks necks"

If thats your definition of conditioning then you're living your life based on acceptance.

Last edited:
Are you serious? We're talking about shoes not a social construct.

I grew up on Martin and MJ playing. I bought shoes cause I wanted to be the athletes and Martin I saw on TV. Not once have I ever bought a shoe with the mentality of "oooh can't wait to breaks necks"

If thats your definition of conditioning then you're living your life based on acceptance.
I'm dead serious are you? Shoes fall into the social construct by default just like everything else. You grew being conditioned to buy what you buy just like everyone else. You're no different from anyone else or you wouldn't waste 175 on something as trivial as shoes. We both know breaking necks comes with the territory. If you buy high end shoes you will break necks by default. I never said YOU specifically by shoes to break necks. I said if that's what dude wants to do then more power to him. We all are being followers anyway. Your reasoning for buying the shoes is no better than his. Basically dude likes the attention while you just like trying to be like someone else.

I'm dead serious are you? Shoes fall into the social construct by default just like everything else. You grew being conditioned to buy what you buy just like everyone else. You're no different from anyone else or you wouldn't waste 175 on something as trivial as shoes. We both know breaking necks comes with the territory. If you buy high end shoes you will break necks by default. I never said YOU specifically by shoes to break necks. I said if that's what dude wants to do then more power to him. We all are being followers anyway. Your reasoning for buying the shoes is no better than his. Basically dude likes the attention while you just like trying to be like someone else.
Thats what got me into shoes. But I bought/buy shoes because I like what I like. I passed on the kilroys but my nephew got them.

I dont have a deep relationship with shoes like others do. I dont consider myself a "collector", "sneaker head", I'm just a guy who grew up with a single mom who couldn't get me jordans that ended up liking shoes. I started buying what I saw on T.V., then it spiraled into getting what I thought looked good. There was a point where I bought nothing turf trainers. Everyone was still on the Js but I liked Prime Time and Bo Jackson so I bought their shoes. If that means I was conditioned then so be it. I just dont place that kind of importance or deep thought into why I buy shoes.

I guess we can agree to disagree so we dont clutter up the thread.

Nothing wrong with having a family with the same shoes. I'll leave it at that.

Tacky, Overdone, Silly, whatever you want to call it. To quote a recent Boardwalk Empire and a post from another thread here recently

I got some shoes, she got some shoes, my daughter got some shoes. We all got shoes.

You worry about yours and I will take care of mine.

Because it look tacky and overdone. Not sure what these families are trying to achieve in term of fashion statement.
I think their trying to achieve wearing a shoe that they like 
laugh.gif
. Would it be tacky and overdone if they all had on some shell toe adidas? Or do you just have a problem with them wearing Jordans?

Tacky, Overdone, Silly, whatever you want to call it. To quote a recent Boardwalk Empire and a post from another thread here recently
I got some shoes, she got some shoes, my daughter got some shoes. We all got shoes.
Heat bro heat! 
nthat.gif

Maybe cause Im old but the real heat is that furniture. I can only see the leg but that looks like quality and that shag rug.

I understand what taco is saying, Everyone was on Js I had them when I was a kid. But when I got old enough to realize what I was buying I never bought Jordans because I hated the player I was a Celtics fan. To this day I have only myself bought 2 pairs of jordans and I dont like many of them cause I didnt grow up with the nostalgia of them or fell into hype. Even when it was the cool thing to do I just never bought them. I wore griffeys, foamposites and timberlands all through high school. but I also understand, mcstrokins point. 

LOl since when is Jordan or Nike consider high end?

As far as i concern majority of people in the hood and middle income grew up wearing most nike and jordan.

When you wear Jordan or Nike. Sneaker in general. You're dressing down not up.

Last edited:
I think their trying to achieve wearing a shoe that they like :lol: . Would it be tacky and overdone if they all had on some shell toe adidas? Or do you just have a problem with them wearing Jordans?

Yeap. Dressing the entire family with matching gear = overdone and tacky.

LOl since when is Jordan or Nike consider high end?
As far as i concern majority of people in the hood and middle income grew up wearing most nike and jordan.
When you wear Jordan or Nike. You're dressing down not up.
Isn't this NikeTalk? I would assumed you had enough sense to know I was referring to gym shoes when I used the term "high end". This is not a Ferragamo site. For a gym shoe Jordans are high end buddy. Name other high end GYM shoes? You must like dressing down then huh? I have plenty of friends with money who wear nike products. I guess everyone likes "dressing down".

Back
Top Bottom