AJVI Infrared Pack *OFFICIAL THREAD* NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING/SPLITTING!

^^^^
Quick question for you guys who used this marker.  Did you use tape around the borders/edges to safeguard against getting marker on the black?

Any/all info is always appreciated.

P

^ I think you have to wait awhile until it is dry because its water proof

But i read that it comes off super easy with windex

Originally Posted by Nikekidwonder

^ I think you have to wait awhile until it is dry because its water proof

But i read that it comes off super easy with windex

yeah im going to let them sit for a day and ill post pics

No tape. I applied color to the borders with a very thin screw driver by dipping it in a small pool of the liquid that I extracted onto a piece of paper. Be very careful not to get any color on the suede, it is difficult to get off.

Very curious too see how the marker will hold up to wear and tear, but according to the product info it is permanent on a Porous surface so in theory it should work, more than likely you will have to touch these up from time to time, but hell for 3 bucks a pen that should be no problem! Mine were done with angelus and I have worn mine a dozen or so times with no chips or cracking (but without a doubt these will need to be touched up as well.

Originally Posted by dcheek20

Very curious too see how the marker will hold up to wear and tear, but according to the product info it is permanent on a Porous surface so in theory it should work, more than likely you will have to touch these up from time to time, but hell for 3 bucks a pen that should be no problem! Mine were done with angelus and I have worn mine a dozen or so times with no chips or cracking (but without a doubt these will need to be touched up as well.
wow those look good i should have painted mines like that

Appreciate it bro!!! Please keep us posted on how that pen holds up, I am not on NT much but I am going to keep checking back to see how things go!

Originally Posted by ed2trey

Originally Posted by GottaBdaShoes

Originally Posted by trethousandgt

Originally Posted by 23SOLE

Not from the infrared pack...I went to Michaels arts and crafts and bought this marker for pottery (the color is just red) but it comes out infrared for some reason... Its water proof and so far it hasnt cracked...not bad eh... will i buy the infrared pack still?? Probably so....lol
You did a real good job
pimp.gif
I went and bought the marker at Michaels and did my own work on the V-Reds that I've been wearing for months.

Left shoe = Original Varsity Red Color ------------------ Right Shoe = Custom made Infrared

^Only did the right shoe midsole at this point.

Finished Product including all re-colored midsoles and heel tabs. Jumpman on front and jumpman on sole can't be seen in the picture.

I LOVE how they turned out. Big ups to 23SOLE for sharing his idea.

im not a fan of customs, but these came out great. prop's to 23sole, i might do this to mine

Info on the marker, how much did it cost? Can you link me to it so I can know exactly what to look for?

nerd.gif

props on the marker idea 23SOLE ...its a great FU to JB

the $3 for that marker is probably how much time/effort/money JB spent on the upcoming infrared pack anyway

can somebody do a step by step process. i want to do this to the black vreds and make them look like the samples or the white vreds and make them look like the package Vis.

Thanks in advance.

thats phuckin funny how we can use a marker and turn these into the "infrared" vi's. F*** jb for tryin to screw us into buying the pack. ill get the white vr vi's and do the same lol

you need real steady hands to make those look clean and taping it up would make it alot more difficult
grin.gif

smokin.gif
 interesting method for transforming the Varsity Red into Infrared...I wonder if this could work on my slightly chipped 2000's
nerd.gif

Most definitely will try this come June when I cop 2 pairs of the White/Varsity Red
pimp.gif

orderd my garden craft markers.

do you just color over the varsity red. or do you take the red off first then color???

^^^

i asked the same question and he told me that he just carefully colored over the varsity red areas.

Its a hit guys!...Test wear came out AMAZING!...No cracks no chips no peeling whatsoever! I painted em Fri and let em sit out for 2 days outside the box even though it dries real real fast but just being cautious. So wore them all day today..went to work...went to get my emissions test for my car...went to the mall... and still immaculate condition! WOW im really impressed!... its also water proof..I'll post more pics..thanks for the props! Yes i masked em with tape and no i did not use acetone or paint thinner to remove the varsity red paint just colored over em... thanks again!

Heres a pic of the masking...

And a few pics taken today after the test wear...

Close up pic of the epic marker...Best $2.99 I ever spent!

As long as you mask it real good and remove excess paint immediately...you be all good! Bring on the white/varsity reds... 

Back
Top Bottom