-Swizz Beatz produced on the album
-Crucial Keys team of course
-Salaam Remi
-and possibly Om'mas Keith of Sa-Ra

::

sorry
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

I always love her singles but she needs to make some better overall albums.

Her first two overall were
pimp.gif
, the rest were lacking imo.

As I Am was and still is my +++%. I understand how you could feel that way though. Takes some time to get into it.

Originally Posted by eye see soles

I'm liking this more than "No One" at this point.

whoa whoa whoa...lets not get ahead of ourselves...song is cool but its like she's trying to do No One all over again...not cool bro

I mean "No One" was cool, but it get very repetitive very quickly. Not to mention she was straining a good bit of the song.

I like both songs, but this song has grown on me more at this point.

Originally Posted by EastCoastPapi

THis is a album cut but no way shape nor form a single there would be no buzz at all.

Any Alicia song is going to generate buzz because she's the most well round Female RnB singer in this generation. So the mere fact that she releasedsomething to radio means an album is coming and you're guranteed some bangers.

But as far as singles from her go "You Don't Know My Name" >>>>> *

I like the song. It sounds better than the first few times I heard it.

Hopefully, this album will be better than As I Am.

This is the worst single of her career. Seriously...it's weak

I hope this album will be the opposite. Usually she drops phenomenal singles and lukewarm albums as a whole. Maybe this time the single will be weak and thealbum will be dope

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Originally Posted by EastCoastPapi

THis is a album cut but no way shape nor form a single there would be no buzz at all.

Any Alicia song is going to generate buzz because she's the most well round Female RnB singer in this generation.
wait what?

Originally Posted by DMV is RNB

This is the worst single of her career. Seriously...it's weak
this is true...song is cool but nowhere near on par with previous singles...

laugh.gif
@ Alicia Keys having lukewarm albums. Dude must have clicked on thewrong thread or something.

Typo, maybe?

I can understand anyone describing As I Am as lukewarm, a weak effort, etc.

Saying that about her first two albums would just be absurd.

I guess I'm the only one who never cared for "No One". Just sounded like she was trying too hard on it. I didn't care for all thescreaming...

Tony Starks... yo, I did exaggerate, I'm not even gonna lie
laugh.gif
But I'm also going to further explain my position. Alicia Keys is a brilliant talent,and I've appreciated her music since she dropped. Her first album was very dope, and it had many classic records on it. But the album as a whole was not aclassic... it was just a really good album. Diary... once again, classic singles, and several classic songs. And then this album was very good, although alittle step down from Songs In A Minor. Then As I Am is just a snoozefest. And so my point is that... for Alicia Keys to be considered such a"transcendent" artist, as people have hailed her to be... her albums need to be more consistent. I don't need another solid effort from her, sheneeds to drop a classic. I sometimes think that just because she can play a piano, people rate her music as being higher than it really is. That and her vocalability has declined since she first came out. Her vocals on her first album>>>>>>her currently. And when people make comments about herbeing the best or even most well rounded R&B singer of our generation? I'm sorry, but she doesn't have one album even in the same stratosphere asMJB's What's The 411 or My Life... and arguably Share My World. That's just how I feel. She's a brilliant talent, but that doesn't meanshe's always utilized that talent to perfection with her albums.

Okay, I can live with that explanation.
laugh.gif
I pretty much agree witheverything you said.

None of her material in the last couple of years have reminded me of anything from her first two efforts. From the vibe of the records to the overall quality.I'm a huge fan of hers, so I'd love for her to go back to making songs like, "Fallin'," "Troubles," "Diary," etc.

As for the "Best of this generation" comments, I had always assumed that people were referring to artists who started their careers this decade. Notonce did I think they were actually implying that she was just as good or better than Mary J. Blige. Hell, I still don't believe someone would actually saythat.

The thing about Alicia Keys is that her music is timeless.

Sure, her albums may not always hit the mark (AIA was a personal favorite), but her music transcends the time period she is in.

I don't think an artist has to make a classic album, although "Diary" is very very close, to be considered legendary or "the best of"such and such time. They just have to make an impact with their music that can not be overlooked.

Alicia has done that. Time and time again. She may not have the pipes of Beyonce or the appeal of Mary, but she damn sure knows how to make music. And sheisn't afraid to re-invent the formula or step out of the box.

TEOF will be another album where she comes correct and gives you something fresh and innovative.

Back
Top Bottom