Alicia Keys' album "The Element of Freedom" pushed back - Dec. 15

Originally Posted by Flash Uno

http://newhiphoprbrapmusic4.blogspot.com/2009/12/new-hip-hop-r-rap-r-songs-albums.html

the best track is Unthinkable ft. Drake with Kanye on the boards
pimp.gif

Damn you're so misinformed.

Just off one listen...multiple Grammy awards, easy.
pimp.gif

The track with Beyonce is
grin.gif
, but every female you know is gonna eat that%#%@ up, posting lyrics as their Facebook status and %#%@...

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

I must have the wrong version of Unthinkable when did Drake become a members of The Pips
laugh.gif
silly me looking for an actual feature. haven'tlistened yet but i think it will be a good album. didn't really like "Doesn't Mean Anything" though.

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

it sounds good but its no No One...i was feeling that song the second she opened her mouth...

this will have to grow on me...

but I hate it when the single is like one of the best on the album.

she let me down so much with her last joint---like, I listened to Diary and Unplugged and LITERALLY shook my head
smh.gif
I don't like this new "sexy"A keys....it's not her, and I think she ditched her production, she still mess wit' Crucial?

**listened thru it again, it wasn't that bad, but it def was a let down. 'Wreckless Love' was def thebest, I <3 Jack Splash--his $+$% wit' plantlife is just weird tho
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

i'm gonna have to give this a listen cuz off the two singles i'm not hype for it...it better be bangin or i'm def. not buyin it...

just finished listening. easily forgettable compared to Songs in a Minor and Diary . i usually ride with my fellow pianists but it was just okay. sidenote: sheshould have let Bey keep that "Put it In a Love Song" track. all i could envision was Beyonce and her two dancers in yet another vid.

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

Originally Posted by ILLIONAIRE
Is it just me or is she getting sexier with each year?
nerd.gif
smokin.gif
pimp.gif
devil.gif

EDIT: Best female R&B artist to come out this decade EASILY.
Beyonce is the best female R&B artist of this decade, but Alicia is my fav.

^ I will politely agree to disagree on that one. I'm talking strictly music. Beyonce is NOT SEEING Alicia as far as voice/musical talent/writing isconcerned (I'm not knocking B).

Both Alicia and B are cookie-cutter divas but Alicia has always had artistic creativity on her side.

EOF is alright. I'm only feeling Un-Thinkable on a heavy tip.

^ I will politely agree to disagree on that one. I'm talking strictly music. Beyonce is NOT SEEING Alicia as far as voice/musical talent/writing is concerned (I'm not knocking B).

Beyonce is not an R&B singer first of all, so there really is no comparison IMO. It's kinda like saying MJ is the King of R&B... just becausehe's a black artist and does some R&B songs. Mike was a pop artist... the King of Pop, with R&B and soul influences in his music. Beyonce is a Popartist with R&B and hip hop influences in her music. That being said... perhaps Alicia is the best "new" R&B female of the decade as a totalpackage (although MANY R&B females have dropped albums superior to hers in this decade). But she's not even in the same PLANET as Beyonce as avocalist, performer, or entertainer. No disrespect, but to say that Alicia has a better voice than Beyonce isn't even an opinion. It's completefallacy.

This album is very solid, but it's unsettling. Alicia doesn't really find a pocket at all throughout the album. It's just great song after greatsong.

That's been the formula. I guess it's worked thus far. No need to change it.

^ I will politely agree to disagree on that one. I'm talking strictly music. Beyonce is NOT SEEING Alicia as far as voice/musical talent/writing is concerned (I'm not knocking B).
B sings better than Alicia...she has more vocal range. But is it confirmed B don't write her own songs?? Cuz almost every slow song on herlast effort was
eek.gif
eek.gif
(and I am talkin' lyrically)

I agree with dude who said A has the more artistic side though...but I feel like she losing that with each album. She don't even really play no more
smh.gif
She be up dancing and %!@@ now.

B is by far a better singer than Keys...but i can also agree with that artistic stuff goin to kEYS...

just listened to it one more 'gin.. it's alright. the 2nd half is way better then the first. it's pretty much on the same level as her previousalbum.

Pushed back...she didn't want to drop to close to Bangs. Takeover season has begun!

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

This album is very solid, but it's unsettling. Alicia doesn't really find a pocket at all throughout the album. It's just great song after great song.

That's been the formula. I guess it's worked thus far. No need to change it.
As I've listened to the album more and more, maybe that uneasiness and unsettling feeling was purposeful. The album is called The Element ofFreedom and oftentimes we think that freedom is to be flowery, grandiose, and perfect, but it's really not. It's painful, insightful, and downrightdifficult.

In my own life, I'm going through a liberating process so that could very well be why it's so hard to swallow.

It's the truth.

This album is amazing. It's got to be her best work since Songs in A Minor.

It would be flawless if it wasn't for her track with Beyonce in my opinion. It didn't sound like an Alicia Keys joint to me.

Originally Posted by carL0Wm3yng

based on that whack %!+ single she released, this statement is already null and void

it's like, have ya'll forgotten about unplugged and Diary!?

Originally Posted by I Drink Your Milkshake

Originally Posted by carL0Wm3yng

based on that whack %!+ single she released, this statement is already null and void

it's like, have ya'll forgotten about unplugged and Diary!?

right.

Back
Top Bottom