All-American (CW Series) - VOL: Farewell Spencer James

I assume the real Spencer is a producer/consultant on this show. So I don't understand how poorly they're displaying recruiting.

Spencer James. 5 Star Recruit on Offense and Defense needing a combine to get a new scholarship is absurd. They continue to showcase him like he's so low level player.

And Spencer needs someone to punch him in his chest. I don't understand how everyone just lets him yell at him the way he does.
Spencer is annoying AF man. He tries to portray this humble attitude when really he walks around like he’s holier than thou. He definitely needs an *** whooping.

As for recruiting, it’s definitely weird because sometimes they name drop actual Top 25 programs in real life then they have storylines with these lesser known schools…that are also supposed to be Top 25 in the All American universe? Like he’s a 5-Star recruit, best WR some of them have seen, etc but it’s not clear how to gauge the programs that are recruiting him :lol:

Spencer is annoying AF man. He tries to portray this humble attitude when really he walks around like he’s holier than thou. He definitely needs an *** whooping.

As for recruiting, it’s definitely weird because sometimes they name drop actual Top 25 programs in real life then they have storylines with these lesser known schools…that are also supposed to be Top 25 in the All American universe? Like he’s a 5-Star recruit, best WR some of them have seen, etc but it’s not clear how to gauge the programs that are recruiting him :lol:

That's all cause of licensing issues. It's easier to reference Golden Eagles University and their nonexistent logos as oppose to licensing USC's actual name and likeness.

It's just all goofy. Jordan Baker, the former son of an NFL running back, on the heels of back to back state championships isn't going to just be a walk on. Where's his dad alma mater at?

That's all cause of licensing issues. It's easier to reference Golden Eagles University and their nonexistent logos as oppose to licensing USC's actual name and likeness.
For sure and I get that but I swear I heard other legit schools mentioned but I could be bugging. Not the biggest deal but more context would help.

It's just all goofy. Jordan Baker, the former son of an NFL running back, on the heels of back to back state championships isn't going to just be a walk on. Where's his dad alma mater at?

This as well. The whole thing is just off if you know sports, especially college athletics, but I roll with it :lol: So I see the next episode is them celebrating high school coming to an end…what happens after this season? Will AA: Homecoming and AA be running in parallel or is this the end of AA?

For sure and I get that but I swear I heard other legit schools mentioned but I could be bugging. Not the biggest deal but more context would help.

This as well. The whole thing is just off if you know sports, especially college athletics, but I roll with it :lol: So I see the next episode is them celebrating high school coming to an end…what happens after this season? Will AA: Homecoming and AA be running in parallel or is this the end of AA?

They're all going to end up at Golden Eagle University :lol:

Spencer and Jordan to Golden Angeles, JJ to Coastal California, Layla will probably not go to college since she's already running her own record label, Coop a dropout, Patience working on music with Layla. They just have to figure out another local school for Olivia now

I assume the real Spencer is a producer/consultant on this show. So I don't understand how poorly they're displaying recruiting.

Spencer James. 5 Star Recruit on Offense and Defense needing a combine to get a new scholarship is absurd. They continue to showcase him like he's so low level player.

And Spencer needs someone to punch him in his chest. I don't understand how everyone just lets him yell at him the way he does.
Its cuz he boycotted that game and got shot.

I don't think that actually happened to the real Spencer.

Plus at this point this has veered away from his actual life. He's less a consultant and more an executive producer at this point. There's a lot of made up ppl and story lines now for it to be a CW show.

Also I just feel like they had a story line built up and paid it off with winning championships, Spencer's dad, the story between coach and his mom, the extra **** and now they really don't got nothing for senior year. They already trying to do a spinoff.

Its cuz he boycotted that game and got shot.

I don't think that actually happened to the real Spencer.

Plus at this point this has veered away from his actual life. He's less a consultant and more an executive producer at this point. There's a lot of made up ppl and story lines now for it to be a CW show.

It's not about the actual storyline matching up with real life. It's moreso about how they are portraying recruiting. I'd be understanding if they didn't have an actual from Pro Athlete serving as an executive producer on the show.

It's the same way on Friday Night Lights, a guy like Matt Saracen didn't get recruited to play D1 ball whether he wanted to or not after winning the state championship for a powerhouse in a football state. Or how Luke's best offers were for a D3 school. They get a pass because they had no one with football experience to bounce ideas off of.

It's all just lazy at this point.

Saracen was like 5'7 tho he wasn't going to get D1 offers in real life either.

It's not about the actual storyline matching up with real life. It's moreso about how they are portraying recruiting. I'd be understanding if they didn't have an actual from Pro Athlete serving as an executive producer on the show.

It's the same way on Friday Night Lights, a guy like Matt Saracen didn't get recruited to play D1 ball whether he wanted to or not after winning the state championship for a powerhouse in a football state. Or how Luke's best offers were for a D3 school. They get a pass because they had no one with football experience to bounce ideas off of.

That's the thing though. They're not focused on depicting recruiting properly. They're just using recruiting as more drama for the show.

he’s actually in the show too. He’s the light skin quiet assistant coach.

We byke tonight with the cabin getaway episode. Definitely expecting some dramatic foolishness :lol:

This ***** Spencer stay overreacting! Its a damn prank. Wanting to bark on ****** and tell dudes what to do like he they father.

How has getting sucker punched more than once and getting shot not set him straight?

Son never stops playing the martyr.

These writers extra trash with the Lid subplots. Like podcaster wanting to make a difference is one thing but then she's a part of exposing evidence in hate crimes, getting her mother fired. Now she's a 18 year old former addict/ sponsor? Get out of here with that.

I see Jordan wanting to smash Layla now that Simone gone.

Last edited:
What happened to Spencer's therapist? He needs some anger management.

This show is so goofy. Spencer trying to be everyone's hero.

Son never stops playing the martyr.
This show is so goofy. Spencer trying to be everyone's hero.

Just caught Prom Night. I wanted to smack fire out of Spencer. I get being an upstanding teammate and trying to protect them but ***** there is a line. Throwing your whole future away (expulsion) because your younger teammates did something stupid is insane. There is no benefit and honestly it seems egotistical in the sense that he can say to himself “Look at how many people I saved!”

I hope they throw him under the jail for this.

LOCK HIM UP!!!

1639868953959.png

I just finished ep 8 season 4. All caught up. Binged the series over the last 2 weeks. I love it. I'm ll in. Watched it with family. My boys watch it. It's for Us. I need 10 seasons. It's like Black 90210.I need this to go the long way.

I hate Spencer James, he’s right up there with Tariq as a world class bozo

I’m with you on this one, man. I actually think Spencer James is the most infuriating black youth on television. Tariq was handed a golden ticket and just had to graduate from Stansfield then he decided to trap. This ***** Spencer was willing to take the fall and throwaway his future over his own principles on some martyr ****.

A differentiator between the two, and what bothered me the most, is that he didn’t try to participate in coming up with a plan to skate. He was just going to eat the expulsion and go on with his life. Tariq would have come up with something or at least been in on the scheme.

Another thing…I was thinking about how Tariq gets people killed and Spencer doesn’t but he’s still ruining lives. Principal had to fall on the sword his BA :smh:

Holier than Thou Spence gotta stay on his mountain looking down on people and saving them from themselves. They'll thank him later or whatever.

Back
Top Bottom