All-encompassing Cleveland Indians thread. 46 days until Opening Day.

Tied with Detroit now. What a fall...

And thanks, dudes. You two don't have to follow me just because. 
laugh.gif

Orlando can hit 3000, but the fact that his "used to be" first place team is most likely 1-9 in their last 10 games.
frown.gif
 We need to get back on track.

Orlando can hit 3000, but the fact that his "used to be" first place team is most likely 1-9 in their last 10 games.
frown.gif
 We need to get back on track.

Four wins in 18 games. 52 runs in 18 games. 113 allowed in 18 games.

.201 team average in the last ten. 6-68 with runners in scoring position in the last ten. 5.52 team ERA in the last ten.

Optimism: About 85% of the team is slumping at once, and we are still at least tied for first in the division. And Hafner could be back within the next week.

Four wins in 18 games. 52 runs in 18 games. 113 allowed in 18 games.

.201 team average in the last ten. 6-68 with runners in scoring position in the last ten. 5.52 team ERA in the last ten.

Optimism: About 85% of the team is slumping at once, and we are still at least tied for first in the division. And Hafner could be back within the next week.

It's funny because if you would have told me that the Indians were 34-29 I would be happy. It's funny how everyones expectations switch when we start to play well.

It's funny because if you would have told me that the Indians were 34-29 I would be happy. It's funny how everyones expectations switch when we start to play well.

The Indians signed their first (and maybe my favorite) draft pick today, Bryson Myles (sixth round).
From Baseball America's Jim Callis: Draws Kirby Puckettcomps for his 6', 235 pound build. Put up big numbers after transferring,including an NCAA Division I-leading 53 steals. Profiles as a leftfielder with intriguing power and speed.
Jeff Ellis: Bryson Myles is a former football star who playedfor Stephen F. Austin University in college. He was a commitment to TCUcoming out of high school. He is a big guy who might have the abilityto hit for power, but his best skill is his plus plus speed. He alsohas very good bat speed. He set his school's hit record this pastseason, thanks to his quick wrists and excellent bat speed. He has thepotential to be a five tool player down the road, though his arm is abit weak. The Indianstook an athlete who is still raw, as the game was not his focus for manyyears. He should be an interesting player to watch with a lot of upside.
Bryson Myles, OF, Stephen F. Austin State: Kirby Puckett-style body,hit .411/.484/.581 with 53 steals this year. Scouts say his swing hasholes, but his performance was superb.
I put out a quick and easy Columbus column today that recaps the past week. It will probably be an every-Monday occurrence.

Of note: Kipnis and Valbuena spazzed. Chisenhall is scuffling.

Valbuena had a 19-game hitting streak going until Saturday, including four straight multi-hit games to close it. I am still a fan.

Anyway, a Tribe victory tonight would be great.

The Indians signed their first (and maybe my favorite) draft pick today, Bryson Myles (sixth round).
From Baseball America's Jim Callis: Draws Kirby Puckettcomps for his 6', 235 pound build. Put up big numbers after transferring,including an NCAA Division I-leading 53 steals. Profiles as a leftfielder with intriguing power and speed.
Jeff Ellis: Bryson Myles is a former football star who playedfor Stephen F. Austin University in college. He was a commitment to TCUcoming out of high school. He is a big guy who might have the abilityto hit for power, but his best skill is his plus plus speed. He alsohas very good bat speed. He set his school's hit record this pastseason, thanks to his quick wrists and excellent bat speed. He has thepotential to be a five tool player down the road, though his arm is abit weak. The Indianstook an athlete who is still raw, as the game was not his focus for manyyears. He should be an interesting player to watch with a lot of upside.
Bryson Myles, OF, Stephen F. Austin State: Kirby Puckett-style body,hit .411/.484/.581 with 53 steals this year. Scouts say his swing hasholes, but his performance was superb.
I put out a quick and easy Columbus column today that recaps the past week. It will probably be an every-Monday occurrence.

Of note: Kipnis and Valbuena spazzed. Chisenhall is scuffling.

Valbuena had a 19-game hitting streak going until Saturday, including four straight multi-hit games to close it. I am still a fan.

Anyway, a Tribe victory tonight would be great.

Lineup tonight:

Sizemore
Santana
Brantley
Asdrubal
Choo
Buck
Phelps
Hannahan
Marson

Well...

Hafner will start his rehab tour tomorrow in Akron. Three or four games is all anybody thinks he'll need.

On Myles again: "Scout I spoke to today said he has plus-plus raw power. Built like Kevin Mitchell, but runs like Deion Sanders."

Lineup tonight:

Sizemore
Santana
Brantley
Asdrubal
Choo
Buck
Phelps
Hannahan
Marson

Well...

Hafner will start his rehab tour tomorrow in Akron. Three or four games is all anybody thinks he'll need.

On Myles again: "Scout I spoke to today said he has plus-plus raw power. Built like Kevin Mitchell, but runs like Deion Sanders."

Back
Top Bottom