All-encompassing Cleveland Indians thread. 46 days until Opening Day.

Cord Phelps promoted to cut into Orlando's playing time, as he sits on 1,999 hits. 
laugh.gif

Just for the record, I do not expect Phelps to come in and reinvent our lineup. He is not Hafner, he cannot solve Choo's or Grady's issues, etc. But, he is a switch-hitter who can play a number of positions, and there is no way he can be any worse than Cabrera (or Hannahan) has been at the plate in the past month-plus. Orlando will still play plenty, but Phelps has earned this.

Cord Phelps promoted to cut into Orlando's playing time, as he sits on 1,999 hits. 
laugh.gif

Just for the record, I do not expect Phelps to come in and reinvent our lineup. He is not Hafner, he cannot solve Choo's or Grady's issues, etc. But, he is a switch-hitter who can play a number of positions, and there is no way he can be any worse than Cabrera (or Hannahan) has been at the plate in the past month-plus. Orlando will still play plenty, but Phelps has earned this.

Phelps is starting at second and batting seventh today.

Duncan optioned. My guy told me Everett is pretty valued here and they wanted to avoid exposing him to waivers.

Not that Duncan really deserves to stay anymore than Everett, but Everett has done nothing at all for me. Would have let him go without a second thought.

It seems to me that Orlando, Kearns, Everett (and even Duncan, who is regarded as a great clubhouse guy) are all essentially surviving on "leadership." I recognize the importance of that, but when they are all struggling on the field and team fundamentals have gone out the window, how much worth does that really have?

White moved to the 60-day disabled list.
ohwell.gif

Phelps is starting at second and batting seventh today.

Duncan optioned. My guy told me Everett is pretty valued here and they wanted to avoid exposing him to waivers.

Not that Duncan really deserves to stay anymore than Everett, but Everett has done nothing at all for me. Would have let him go without a second thought.

It seems to me that Orlando, Kearns, Everett (and even Duncan, who is regarded as a great clubhouse guy) are all essentially surviving on "leadership." I recognize the importance of that, but when they are all struggling on the field and team fundamentals have gone out the window, how much worth does that really have?

White moved to the 60-day disabled list.
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom