All-encompassing Cleveland Indians thread. 46 days until Opening Day.

Grady
pimp.gif

I hate four-game series'. Glad the break is here, for everyone's sake (players, fans, etc.).

Kipnis and Pomeranz will be playing in the Futures Game that starts in about 15 minutes.

I hate four-game series'. Glad the break is here, for everyone's sake (players, fans, etc.).

Kipnis and Pomeranz will be playing in the Futures Game that starts in about 15 minutes.

Nice read on Kipnis.

Spoiler [+]
Before the season, most prognosticators saw Cleveland finishing a distant fourth or perhaps even fifth in the 2011 American League Central. However, Cleveland jumped out to a big early lead, and although things have slowed down for the Tribe, at the All-Star break they are only half a game behind division-leading Detroit. Players such as Asdrubal Cabrera, Carlos Santana, Justin Masterson, Josh Tomlin, and Carlos Carrasco have led the charge. Like all teams (especially those in the AL Central), the Indians have holes, especially with Travis Hafner and Grady Sizemore taking their traditional stints to the disabled list. Such holes aren’t always easy to fill. However, during yesterday’s Cleveland-Toronto tilt, as the Blue Jays’ announce team raved about Orlando Cabrera‘s status as a veteran leader and good luck charm, it struck me again that the Indians do have a obvious solution in at least one spot. According to second base prospect Jason Kipnis (who hit a home run in last night’s Futures Game), the team has his number. Why won’t they give him a call?

I’ll be the first to admit that I have no way of knowing what sort of miraculous effects Orlando Cabrera’s intangibles have on a team — maybe he really is the cause of Cleveland’s run at the division title this season. Leaving that possibility aside, he’s been objectively horrible this season, as a quick glance at this shows. Yet he has started 70 games at second base. I don’t think I need to pursue the “Cabrera is terrible

Nice read on Kipnis.

Spoiler [+]
Before the season, most prognosticators saw Cleveland finishing a distant fourth or perhaps even fifth in the 2011 American League Central. However, Cleveland jumped out to a big early lead, and although things have slowed down for the Tribe, at the All-Star break they are only half a game behind division-leading Detroit. Players such as Asdrubal Cabrera, Carlos Santana, Justin Masterson, Josh Tomlin, and Carlos Carrasco have led the charge. Like all teams (especially those in the AL Central), the Indians have holes, especially with Travis Hafner and Grady Sizemore taking their traditional stints to the disabled list. Such holes aren’t always easy to fill. However, during yesterday’s Cleveland-Toronto tilt, as the Blue Jays’ announce team raved about Orlando Cabrera‘s status as a veteran leader and good luck charm, it struck me again that the Indians do have a obvious solution in at least one spot. According to second base prospect Jason Kipnis (who hit a home run in last night’s Futures Game), the team has his number. Why won’t they give him a call?

I’ll be the first to admit that I have no way of knowing what sort of miraculous effects Orlando Cabrera’s intangibles have on a team — maybe he really is the cause of Cleveland’s run at the division title this season. Leaving that possibility aside, he’s been objectively horrible this season, as a quick glance at this shows. Yet he has started 70 games at second base. I don’t think I need to pursue the “Cabrera is terrible

It seems like Gomez will be up to pitch one of the doubleheader games on Monday. He was named to the Triple-A All-Star game that is tomorrow, but will start for Mahoning Valley instead.

Half game back. 73 left. 38 of them against the Tigers, White Sox and Twins (19 in September). Should be wild.

It seems like Gomez will be up to pitch one of the doubleheader games on Monday. He was named to the Triple-A All-Star game that is tomorrow, but will start for Mahoning Valley instead.

Half game back. 73 left. 38 of them against the Tigers, White Sox and Twins (19 in September). Should be wild.

Talbot has been put on the "disabled list." Carrera up.

It looks like Gomez will actually pitch on short rest Sunday. Fausto should be back for the doubleheader Monday, and one of McAllister and Huff will pitch the other game.

Talbot has been put on the "disabled list." Carrera up.

It looks like Gomez will actually pitch on short rest Sunday. Fausto should be back for the doubleheader Monday, and one of McAllister and Huff will pitch the other game.

The Indians are "kicking the tires for offensive help," according toMLB.com's Anthony Castrovince. Cleveland can add some salary - though Carlos Beltran is probably not a realistic target - and remains reluctant to surrender top prospects in trades.

Indians president Mark Shapiro said on Twitter today that GM ChrisAntonetti and his staff spent the All-Star break "burning up phonelines" to make sense of the trade market and discuss possible deals.Though the market is developing slowly, the Indians are looking at"every opportunity" to improve, according to Shapiro.
Nice to hear, but I can't imagine they would deviate from the long-term plan. And I hope not.

The Indians are "kicking the tires for offensive help," according toMLB.com's Anthony Castrovince. Cleveland can add some salary - though Carlos Beltran is probably not a realistic target - and remains reluctant to surrender top prospects in trades.

Indians president Mark Shapiro said on Twitter today that GM ChrisAntonetti and his staff spent the All-Star break "burning up phonelines" to make sense of the trade market and discuss possible deals.Though the market is developing slowly, the Indians are looking at"every opportunity" to improve, according to Shapiro.
Nice to hear, but I can't imagine they would deviate from the long-term plan. And I hope not.

Back
Top Bottom