All Eyez On Me teaser - RIP 2pac Vol. Goddamn it's been 20 years already?!?!

Are yall gonna watch it?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
I fear that this film will make Pac more than what he is, and as a result he'll come across too flawless, too deep, too perfect. And the moments in which they'll try to make him flawed, will come across as corny. There's a GREAT biopic w/ the 2pac character, but there can't be any limitations. You have to "go there" fully.

Great biopics to me capture the balance.

it showed his flaws a lot

but because it was so jumpy you never really get attached

the story literally jumps THE WHOLE MOVIE until the death scene

remember in SOC when they jumped from Cube writing friday to Dre doing death row to Eazy with bone? now imagine all that jumping through 80% of a movie

once the film settled and stop jumping it got kinda good

just seemed toooo rushed in the storyline and in the film in general

remember in SOC when they jumped from Cube writing friday to Dre doing death row to Eazy with bone? now imagine all that jumping through 80% of a movie

Will take your word for it.

I hope I like it. I love Pac. The Don.

laugh.gif
no it's not. You must not remember when he was alive.
Aight

There's so much great source material for a Pac biopic but you'll never be able to make one because he's been so romanticized and mythologized that he's been made out to be more than what he is.

This BS rep of an "Activist," "Revolutionary," is ruining Pac's legacy.

but he was that

the dude was the son of a well known black panther

his mom, dad, and Aunt all were on the FBI list at some point for their involvement of these type things

it was in his DNA

was he a Dr. King or X? No

but he was the YOUTHS version of them

he had his flaws but he was the voice for the younger generation

he was in his early 20s having rallies and stuff

who today in our culture that has that platform is doing that?

people like him come around once in a lifeitme

Last edited:
artist these days rap and sing bout garbage and its all for $$$$ :lol

can't even compare to what these guys were doing in the early to mid 90's speaking on real ****

but he was that

his mom, dad, and Aunt all were on the FBI list at some point

it was in his DNA

It was in his DNA huh,

That man died banging the set, claiming MOB Piru, while on records telling people " **** ya mommas, **** ya grannies, etc. " saying **** like "My fo-fo make sure all y'all kids don't grow!"

I understand that people are flawed and I think Pac's position in Pop lure and Pop Culture is where it should be, but I personally can't buy the whole activist / revolutionary thing. If you can more power to you.

artist these days rap and sing bout garbage and its all for $$$$ :lol

can't even compare to what these guys were doing in the early to mid 90's speaking on real ****

i mean we got

Krit
Cole
Kendrick

to name a few who talk on real issues but they just stick to music

Pac was movement outside of music

You can't be a part activist / part gang member who advocates young black males killing each other.

It doesn't work like that
laugh.gif

There's so much great source material for a Pac biopic but you'll never be able to make one because he's been so romanticized and mythologized that he's been made out to be more than what he is.

This BS rep of an "Activist," "Revolutionary," is ruining Pac's legacy.

but he was that

his mom, dad, and Aunt all were on the FBI list at some point for their involvement of these type things

it was in his DNA

This. Everything people say about him now they said the same thing when he was alive.

but he was that

his mom, dad, and Aunt all were on the FBI list at some point

it was in his DNA

It was in his DNA huh,

That man died banging the set, claiming MOB Piru, while on records telling people " **** ya mommas, **** ya grannies, etc. " saying **** like "My fo-fo make sure all y'all kids don't grow!"

I understand that people are flawed and I think Pac's position in Pop lure and Pop Culture is where it should be, but I personally can't buy the whole activist / revolutionary thing. If you can more power to you.

It don't matter whether you buy it or not, that's what he was to A LOT of people in the 90's when he was alive. Just cuz he was claiming MOB and dissing people that don't whip away all the other things he did and said.

Last edited:
I fear that this film will make Pac more than what he is, and as a result he'll come across too flawless, too deep, too perfect. And the moments in which they'll try to make him flawed, will come across as corny. There's a GREAT biopic w/ the 2pac character, but there can't be any limitations. You have to "go there" fully.

Great biopics to me capture the balance.

There's been several movies I've seen that fit this same description in recent years. The gradual transition from scene to scene just hasn't been there. Kinda weird.

This. Everything people say about him now they said the same thing when he was alive.
It don't matter whether you buy it or not, that's what he was to A LOT of people in the 90's when he was alive. Just cuz he was claiming MOB and dissing people that don't whip away all the other things he did and said.
Dude what?

If i'm pro black, a revolutionary or whatever, I can't be that, then in the same breathe claim a gang, tote my pistols, and advocate the killing of other young black males. It renders everything I did and said (he didn't do or say that much) worthless.

It was in his DNA huh,

in the movie you seen he did and said those things

i mean if you know pacs story you know he was on 1000 about being shot 5 times

you get shot 5 times and from your view you think its a set up and tell me how you would react after being thrown in prison shortly after from a false rape allegation from the same group of guys you found out shot you

its a scene with him and jada where she sounds just like you and he is explaining why his a loose canon all a sudden

not to mention suge put the battery in his back and made him feel safe and untouchable so he could just wild out and his mom, dad, uncle, jada all tried to warn him he was turning away from the conscious revolutionary guy he set out to be and thats when he woke up and was done with his 3 albums with death row and wanted out but Suge kept him lured in and we could never see his life play out

but no regular average joe is making speech like this in they early 20s

Last edited:
There's been several movies I've seen that fit this same description in recent years. The gradual transition from scene to scene just hasn't been there. Kinda weird.

yeah seems like they took all pacs most known events and jump straight to them from scene to scene like one minute he a kid next he grown man next he in a shootout next he meet suge

it was just too jumpy

in the movie you seen he did and said those things

i mean if you know pacs story you know he was on 1000 about being shot 5 times

you get shot 5 times and from your view you think its a set up and tell me how you would react after being thrown in prison shortly after from a false rape allegation from the same group of guys you found out shot you

its a scene with him and jada where she sounds just like you and he is explaining why his a loose canon all a sudden

not to mention suge put the battery in his back and made him feel safe and untouchable so he could just wild out and his mom, dad, uncle, jada all tried to warn him he was turning away from the conscious revolutionary guy he set out to be and thats when he woke up and was done with his 3 albums with death row and wanted out but Suge kept him lured in and we could never see his life play out

but no regular average joe is making speech like this in they early 20s
You can go to your local university and find young black men in auditoriums lecturing on the plight of the black struggle every semester man.

And if you're blaming his gangbanging, thug life ways on Suge and death row, then what kind of revolutionary / activist is that weak-minded that he succumbs to that, to the point where he's banging the set and losing lives in the process?

Again, you can't be this revolutionary and in the same breathe run up on other black men and ask him "If they from southside crip" and proceed to stomp a mudhole in them. Nope.

Dude what?

If i'm pro black, a revolutionary or whatever, I can't be that, then in the same breathe claim a gang, tote my pistols, and advocate the killing of other young black males. It renders everything I did and said (he didn't do or say that much) worthless.

He wasn't even talking gangster **** til after he got shot and he was talking about the people who he felt set him up. Clearly his work ain't worthless cuz when he was alive people felt he was more than just another rapper and still feel that way. YOU might feel it's worthless but that's just you.

You can go to your local university and find young black men in auditoriums lecturing on the plight of the black struggle every semester man.

And if you're blaming his gangbanging, thug life ways on Suge and death row, then what kind of revolutionary / activist is that weak-minded that he succumbs to that, to the point where he's banging the set and losing lives in the process?

Again, you can't be this revolutionary and in the same breathe run up on other black men and ask him "If they from southside crip" and proceed to stomp a mudhole in them. Nope.

yes there are everyday brothers who might be on this tip at my local university

but Pac was a entertainer who had a MAJOR platform

we all know entertainers have a huge voice in the world

he was using his platform and saying these things

why would the president and vice president personally call him out on national TV?

his mom in the movie told him to wake up because you are a voice for the young hip hop listeners

he was the voice for the gang bangers, the single moms, the ghetto, the hood

so no he wasnt no squeaky clean guy but thats what we loved

just like he said in his interview "im a man i love women just as much as the next man, I love hennessy, i love to party, that dont make me any less of a positive person, that makes me human"

in the movie you will enjoy the scenes with his mom sounding just like you and he explains why he is doing or feeling certain things

He wasn't even talking gangster **** til after he got shot and he was talking about the people who he felt set him up. Clearly his work ain't worthless cuz when he was alive people felt he was more than just another rapper and still feel that way. YOU might feel it's worthless but that's just you.
Fam

HE WAS PRESSING THE SET WHEN HE DIED B
laugh.gif
The reasoning for why he was advocating the killing of other young black males is irrelevant. He did. It's on record. What exactly did he even revolutionize?

I love 2Pac. I LOVE his work. I have album covers of Pac framed in my crib fam. But I keep it in perspective. He's to me the greatest Rapper who's ever lived. But he's nothing more than that.

yes there are everyday brothers who might be on this tip at my local university

but Pac was a entertainer who had a MAJOR platform

we all know entertainers have a huge voice in the world

he was using his platform and saying these things

why would the president and vice president personally call him out on national TV?

his mom in the movie told him to wake up because you are a voice for the young hip hop listeners

he was the voice for the gang bangers, the single moms, the ghetto, the hood

so no he wasnt no squeaky clean guy but thats what we loved

just like he said in his interview "im a man i love women just as much as the next man, I love hennessy, i love to party, that dont make me any less of a positive person, that makes me human"

in the movie you will enjoy the scenes with his mom sounding just like you and he explains why he is doing or feeling certain things
I know he wasn't squeaky clean I genuinely don't hold any of his transgressions against him. I'm 24. He died at 25. Young people ****. Part of growing up.

The only thing I have an issue with when it comes to pac, is when they take his life and career and make it more than entertainment. He himself didn't revolutionize much of anything man. He was literally pressing fools and claiming Mob Piru and lost lives (including his) over it. That counts for way more than anything Activist / Revolutionary related when it comes to 2Pac.

So I just try and keep it into perspective because when you make him more than a legendary, transcendent rapper, you have to include these transgressions that ultimately don't add up to this revolutionary figure at all.

Fam

HE WAS PRESSING THE SET WHEN HE DIED B :lol The reasoning for why he was advocating the killing of other young black males is irrelevant. He did. It's on record. What exactly did he even revolutionize?

I love 2Pac. I LOVE his work. I have album covers of Pac framed in my crib fam. But I keep it in perspective. He's to me the greatest Rapper who's ever lived. But he's nothing more than that.

Again, that's how YOU think.

When he was alive people looked at him as more than a rapper, that's just a fact. Not a opinion. You don't remember when he was alive or when he died. This is like when say hip hop ain't competitive. :lol You saying something that's just incorrect.

repped

get shot 5 times

get falsely accused of rape by the same guys

think yo homie set u up

go to trail

cant pay lawyers because the label is being tight with your funds and stand off ish because of the rape thing

get sentenced to 18 months in a maximum penitentiary just for touching the girl not even in a sexual way

while in prison yo homie who you thought set you up releases "who shot ya" and you have to hear it while in prison

no one at your label is even talking to you because your image now

your mom and family is on the outside struggling because the funds are beginning to dry up

put yo self in shoes now tell me how else would you feel?

like he told his mom and jada in the film "am i supposed to just be strong and just turn the other cheek?"

idk why my computer keeps dbl posting

Last edited:
Again, that's how YOU think.

When he was alive people looked at him as more than a rapper, that's just a fact. Not a opinion. You don't remember when he was alive or when he died. This is like when say hip hop ain't competitive.
laugh.gif
You saying something that's just incorrect.
Incorrect?

Lol I'm not debating how people perceived Pac when he was alive or when he died. The hell are you even talking about man that wasn't the point of this
laugh.gif

I'm going to make this clear: If you believe that a young black man can advocate the killing of other young black males for the sake of gangbanging and still be called an activist / revolutionary then more power to you.

Back
Top Bottom