All My Business Majors On NT: Type Of Business Your Thinking About Starting Up

Im currently in the research stage of starting-up a clothing store that will have a boutique setup and products sold will vary from clothing to kicks &fitteds. Im also interested in starting an Accounting firm in the future... since accountants are always in demand.

For those entrepreneurs have yall decided whether your business will be a sole proprietorship, LLP, Subchapter S and etc.

clothes are so overrated..i say go with the accounting firm first because like you said there is a demand. And also with recession coming into play in the verynear future...

besides the accounting firm will be more profitable...where as a clothing store...where that idea gest presented to the SBA like 50 million times a day imsure. esp in NY

oh yeah... sorry i didnt answer your question

i have a invention that me and my boy is trying to patent right now... and i wanna come out with a website soon too but i dont know !%!% about computer besidesinternet, burn music/dvd's, delete temp internet files, and clear history

clothing store is a losing proposition. Stay away from businesses with heavy overhead. I want to make an IT firm and do managed service contracts but imcurrently working in one and i signed an anti-compete clause

Originally Posted by GetThisMoney

clothing store is a losing proposition. Stay away from businesses with heavy overhead. I want to make an IT firm and do managed service contracts but im currently working in one and i signed an anti-compete clause

True... but like every entrepreneurs knows.... the best field to enter is a field you have a passion for an enjoy doing. Yeah you won't see the levelof profit compared to other small businesses but theres nothing like getting up and doing something you love. I don't care if i only see economic profit of60K a year... because at the end of the day your still making twice what the avg American makes an able to live comfortably. Plus you can't be deterred bya heavy overhead thats just part of the risk you take... hopefully after 2 years and your cash flow is consistent .. you be able to speedily pay off your loan.

I'm interested in a few things. Insurance firm (being a broker or maybe just an independent agent), Car detail shop/small auto dealership.

Before I go into any of those though I'm keeping my head into sales for the time being.

started a clothing company, its an LLC allthough honestly I don't really put much time into focusing on that stuff which is bad, but its just such acomplex situation being one person dealnig with so many entities, suppliers, stores, persons of interest etc that I just focus on keeping it going and growingthat heavy organization takes a back seat. At the moment I am more in the business of STAYING IN BUSINESS

bottom line though I agree wih people unless you REALLY got it like that I'd advise a person in staying away from a high overhead business, especiallybased in good thta are basically "perrisables"because you start burning through tns of thousands of dollars FAST. Like do you REALLY know where youwanan open up? Do you know what you really wana sell, because so many of these stores lately cared more about being in the industry then profits and abusiness model that they wind up with stock piles of $@@! from brands that are quietly dying, or commiting suicide.

I'd also direct someone away from clothing stores because I know plenty of people who have HAD great stores and lost their shirts recently. only onesreally weathering the storm are spending old money. I dunno if its true or not, but I heard WISH just shut down recently in ATL is that true?

EVERYONE wants to start a clothing company streetwear sneaker store etc, but one thing I'm sure no one knows is the company that is partners with crooksand castles and several other notable streetwear brands has 2 mil on the table thats probably not coming back because the clothes aren't selling like thator stores are shutting down to escape debt because streetwear just didn't pay the bills. Everyone thinks #%%% is super sweet and cool doing all this stufffooling themselves into thinking the businesses they wish they had aren't failing in front of their eyes

I don't mean to discourage everyone but just cause its looks fun don't mean it is. I am up all night doing $$%!, staying awake 30 plus hours in a rowsometimes yada ya and for what exactly? to be spending money I spent years stacking like water. try doing that with the banks money, see how much sicker youfeel. Passion is great, but I'd rather have a buttload of cash and a garunteed plan

me and my cousin were just talking about this, we discussed starting a run n shoot type spot (which is a 24hr basketball gym w/like 12 courts in ATL)

What are we planning on starting with, or coming up with?

As far as where I will start, I'm unsure at this point, although I have a interview with a marketing firm in May, but I'm not sure if that is whereI want to start my career.

And coming up with my own business, I have a few ideas, and I've even started a business plan for one of them. Ultimately I want to be rich so I canown my own NBA team. That's all I care about.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

i have a invention that me and my boy is trying to patent right now... and i wanna come out with a website soon too but i dont know !%!% about computer besides internet, burn music/dvd's, delete temp internet files, and clear history

an invention huh? better call this guy

Billy_Mays.jpg

wedding/even planning...mainly weddings...but no time soon...i don't have the time to balance someone else's wedding and school...

eventually when i graduate i plan on opening a financial firm with my dad

got the name and everything planned out

I'm not even a business major and I'm not even out of college but I've been doing some research and I want to start a cleaning company. Living outhere in the suburbs, people fakin' like they living in the Hamptons, these little home-maid companies get serious business. I don't know if thats agood business idea because I'm not following what I want to do, I'm just following what seems to be a profitable industry at the moment...

Originally Posted by TrueBlack88

I'm not even a business major and I'm not even out of college but I've been doing some research and I want to start a cleaning company. Living out here in the suburbs, people fakin' like they living in the Hamptons, these little home-maid companies get serious business. I don't know if thats a good business idea because I'm not following what I want to do, I'm just following what seems to be a profitable industry at the moment...

Janitorial & Cleaning companies are very profitable, low startup cost and depending on the amount of clients.... you can make serious profit. Officebuildings should be your target... thats where the money is at

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]As a kid I would always see myself as the person who ran some Supertar night club(Not "The Players Club" or ghetto trash) so later down the line with my free time, I'll get involved with that, probably own that for 3 or 4years and move on to something else.
happy.gif
[/color]

TrueBlack88 wrote:

I'm not even a business major and I'm not even out of college but I've been doing some research and I want to start a cleaning company. Living out here in the suburbs, people fakin' like they living in the Hamptons, these little home-maid companies get serious business. I don't know if thats a good business idea because I'm not following what I want to do, I'm just following what seems to be a profitable industry at the moment...
That's a good business. I've been looking into those also. very low start-up costs, one of the main things you will have to watch out for isthe cost. Meaning how much you charge a client. Don't start out too low just to get business because when your business does grow and you decide to up yourcost, you will lose some business that chose you for the cost and it's always better to get clients from the quality of your work and not because yourcheap.

yoo i been meaning to holla at you jj you never online..unless i got the wrong aim sn. u ever need help with marketing in chi ..holla i got hella time on myhands and actually eff wit ya brand

I'm a business marketing major and I'm also working on a social networking site I have been writing the scripts for months and it is almost done. Itwill have most features of myspace and facebook combined with other great features including profile tracker so you know how is viewing your profile and itwarns them before viewing that you will know if they have looked at your profile.

Originally Posted by BenFranklinAve

Originally Posted by TrueBlack88

Janitorial & Cleaning companies are very profitable, low startup cost and depending on the amount of clients.... you can make serious profit. Office buildings should be your target... thats where the money is at

Yeah, I work at a bank right now and we have a little company that has a contract to clean our branch and a few others. They making serious money and allit is is an old Spanish woman and her husband, neither of them speak English but they can count money, thats for damn sure. The hardest part just seems to begetting those first initial clients..

Originally Posted by PghShoeCollector

TrueBlack88 wrote:

That's a good business. I've been looking into those also. very low start-up costs, one of the main things you will have to watch out for is the cost. Meaning how much you charge a client. Don't start out too low just to get business because when your business does grow and you decide to up your cost, you will lose some business that chose you for the cost and it's always better to get clients from the quality of your work and not because your cheap.

Exactly, thats been one of the things people have been saying as I research the industry. And the cost is very low and what-not but it seems one thing yougotta make sure you do is get bonded and insured so if something happens or something breaks, they can't do you dirty and try to hit you hard. And the waysome people are in this world today, you better believe there are people out there that would try...

Back
Top Bottom