All My Business Majors On NT: Type Of Business Your Thinking About Starting Up

Originally Posted by fittednfresh

I'm a business marketing major and I'm also working on a social networking site I have been writing the scripts for months and it is almost done. It will have most features of myspace and facebook combined with other great features including profile tracker so you know how is viewing your profile and it warns them before viewing that you will know if they have looked at your profile.

Social networking is definitely a great business right now only thing i would say is that the industry is also very monopolized, Facebook & Myspacetake up most of the market share and they both have large corporations backing along with notoriety in pop culture them so they will continue to have a grip inthat industry. Also don't let most of your features be similar to FB or MS because the avg person will think why register to this site when they are placeslike FB that share the same features and have a larger network. The key to succeeding in social networking sites is being innovative... little stuff like"Poke Me' & "News Feed" features are the reason Facebook is where its at today. Perfect example is Blackplanet that was one of the firstmain social networking sites but the reason that they aren't where FB & MS are today is because they didn't expand on their idea.... all it was wasbasically a site with a profile description & pics
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Fantastic4our

me and my cousin were just talking about this, we discussed starting a run n shoot type spot (which is a 24hr basketball gym w/like 12 courts in ATL)
ur in va?

they already had one in md...but they changed it to capitol sports complex (i think because of funding or too much violence not sure) anyhow, its not 24 morehours anymore but they still have pretty late hours. went up there a couple times to play. i think that would be a nice chain to go around the states.

i'm a marketin major, so startin my own business ain't really in my plans right now. i have always thought about openin a store that sells carmodifications, rims, audio, performance, etc. none of that riceboy garbage, cuz that trend is long gone.

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

i have a invention that me and my boy is trying to patent right now... and i wanna come out with a website soon too but i dont know !%!% about computer besides internet, burn music/dvd's, delete temp internet files, and clear history

an invention huh? better call this guy

Billy_Mays.jpg
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
that guy can sell ANYTHING.

My girl is a massage therapist so I'm going to co-own her spa ftw
smokin.gif

+ start a Production Company to fulfill my passion for writing and producing...so stay tuned you know I'll include NT in my scripts!
glasses.gif

I'm working on about 3 ideas at the moment. My investment firm will be up and running as soon as I get more presentable experience (more years and largerprofits). I have a electronics import/distribution company I'm working on with my friend and a telecommunications plan I'm working on getting going onmy own but need a lot of cash and want to minimize the size of the loan I have to get from the bank. I'm just trying to get my hands into as much aspossible because so many new businesses fail that hopefully the odds will be on my side and if I'm lucky and they all take off that will just multiply myprofits.

Back
Top Bottom