all star game missing something

i ask that the mods dont move this post cause this is more about all star games in general, just happen to focus on this recent one

I dont know how yall feel but there was something missing in the all start game that lacked kobe bryant, tracy mcgrady, and vince carter
- these are guys that have been locks for the past 7 or 8 years and i know that yall feel that they "didnt deserve" to be on the teams but what imtrying to say is that these guys know how to put on a show, it seemed like the only guy there that could really excite the crowd in the way that these 3 guyscould was lebron
- some of you guys may claim that "these guys are soft" except kobe but i think that theyre the people that weve grown accustomed to these last fewyears that weve always expected to put on a show on all star weekend, from what i saw it was pretty much jump shooting with the exception of dwight and lebron
- also, add shaq to that list, even though he hasnt been playing up to par, he should have been involved in the weekend in some way

I agree. This years exhibition wasn't as exciting as I would have expected. A large part having to do with so many stars out of the game. I thought thejerseys this year were ugly to. Looked like there were three teams on the floor with those alternate two toned patterns.

i'm mad Yao didnt getting pt. since hes the starting center but he told Byron to play him for 10 minutes b4 tipoff. boozer, d. west, and duncan really putme to sleep but yaos threes were cool lol the west will lose again if AI and melo (two players who dont know how to pass) start again.

the last 3 mins were great, but the whole 4th, and most of the 3rd should have been like that.... especially for the West, none of the player except for Paulwere really trying.

i'm mad Yao didnt getting pt
cause he kept taking 3's even in the 4th...
1q, okay, funny business...but he just wouldn't stop. And Dwight was easily out muscling him.

Was a whole post on this really necessary when a post exactly like this was closed earlier?

Yao was horrible tonight, I don't see how you can defend him rocboys, you must be chinese.
laugh.gif

I thought about this too and wanted to make a thread on it. An era of the NBA is coming to an end. Aforementioned players such as Shaq, T-Mac, VCwere not present this year. Players such as Kobe, AI, Kidd, KG, and TD are perhaps descending from their prime. We might not have many more years of themstarting ASG's or playing in them at all.

It's quite sad how fast their careers have gone by, yet seemed like such a long time ago when they first came in.

I started watching NBA in the 80s so I went through the end of that era with players like Bird, Magic, Isiah (MJ was a little bit younger). It was aworrisome time but luckily some amazing talents emerged and legends like MJ, Barkley, Drexler, etc were able to bridge the gap.

I liked what I saw tonight from Chris Paul. He left his mark on the ASG and I think he is just the type of player who will be a fixture in the ASGfor many years to come. Some players, won't mention names, just show up at the ASG every year, put up some stats, but don't really leave theirimprint on the game, yanno? Paul changed the game in the 4th qtr. The ASG will be in good hands with Lebron, Paul, perhaps Amare, but others will have tostep up.

it's missing baron davis.
wink.gif

all homerism aside, there's just no stakes to it...if the nba can add more incentive for players to play in the all-star game it'd make it moreexciting. it's just a pointless exhibition..

West might win if Camby and B-Davis are in the team. I know CP3 performed well, but things might be different.

what i really think....it isnt missing anything, its just bland and monotonous...which is why we need USA vs. International

USA would kill international, unless they included players from outside the US (will never happen).

Who would you have play on international besides Dirk, Yao, Manu, TP, Nash, that would even be a difference maker?

Dirk, Yao, Manu, TP, Nash
thats a pretty good five though..is it not? but on top of that duncan (virgin islands), okur, peja, gasol, barbosa, AK 47, deng, calderon, bengordon, turkoglu, kobe even spent a lot of time in italy..so maybe

pretty legit if you ask me

Compared to AI, CP3, Dwight, Bron, Wade, Melo, Kobe, Amare, Bosh, Booz, Caron, Rip, Chauncey, etc.?

No thanks. The "International" team would have no legitimate inside presence other than Duncan if you want to count him (be serious,
laugh.gif
). Eventhen, Amare/Dwight could murder him.

i literally watched the 1st quarter, fell asleep and woke up with like 6 mins left in the 4th....watched the rest..... went back to sleep

the all star game was missing All Stars.

basically. i'm tired of people saying "so and so sucks this year, they don't deserve to be in the game, put (some random no-name) in instead"

my man gilbert said it and got heat for it, but its the truth. the all-star game is for ALL-STARS. everyone in the game should be either an establishedperennial all-star, or if it's a first-timer they should be an obvious up-and-coming all-star.

to clarify, Chris Paul and Brandon Roy are first timers, but they qualify as up-and-coming all-stars. a guy like Hedo is NOT, he is an average playerthroughout his career who happened to have a pretty good year. Jose Calderon is NOT, he is just a smart backup PG and game-manager that's having a prettygood year. those guys will and should NEVER be in the ASG.

Originally Posted by EG47

it was because david west and brandon roy were in the game.

I agree with the David West completely, and B. Roy somewhat. But it was more than just them. I thought that quite a few of these guys were talented, butdon't have the all-star flare in their game, necessary of course for an all-star game. Just to name a few: Boozer, West again, Bosh, Sheed, and a fewothers. Now, I'm not knocking any of these guys' talent, certainly not Sheed's, but I must admit its not all-star calibur, style-wise. Simply put,their game is just boring. Bosh has a few charismatic moves in the repertoire, and even B. Roy, but not enough I believe.

Back
Top Bottom